CurlTalk

Flat and crunchy

New_to_CurlzNew_to_Curlz Posts: 115Registered Users
Hi again!
I am sticking to this CG method and trying to figure out a routine that works for me. I am having a love hate relationship with plopping. When I do it, my waves are happy but the top of my head is flat. I have tried changing the way I wrap it and how tight I tie the shirt but it always ends up the same. I have also looked into Clipping but I cant figure out exactly how and where to place the clips.
I am also wondering about product. I feel like my hair is super crunchy the first day, even if I try to SOTC. How do I know if I am using too much product? I definitely like my hair better the second day which is new to me.
Last question is about itchy scalp. I Have often had an itchy scalp that felt like it was coated in buildup but it seems to be worse lately. I feel like when I scratch my scalp there is a white buildup or coating.
Thank you in advance for all of your wonderful advice!
Fine texture
Low/ Med porosity
Med density

Wash: SM MR, GTTT
RO: SM MR, GTTT
LI: SM CSM or SM MR
Styling:AVG, KCCC, Volumax MEGA (HG), Joico Curl Definer

Comments

• asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    For the itchiness, do a brown sugar scrub. Mix together about a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of brown sugar. I also like to add about 5-8 drops of rosemary oil.

Massage in the mixture (I do it over the tub) into your scalp and let it sit for about 10 mins. I just shake my head over the tub and then bun it. Then, I low poo/shampoo (could cowash as well) it out in the shower and condition like normal.

The top of my head can get flat after plopping but I just sort of gently shake it out with my fingers.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• New_to_CurlzNew_to_Curlz Posts: 115Registered Users
    Thank you! I will try the brown sugar scrub.
    I have tried using my fingers to "unflatten" the top of my hair but I think the weight from the length makes it impossible. Today I left some hidden clips in and it really helped the top stay up.
    I appreciate the advice!
    Fine texture
    Low/ Med porosity
    Med density

Wash: SM MR, GTTT
    RO: SM MR, GTTT
    LI: SM CSM or SM MR
    Styling:AVG, KCCC, Volumax MEGA (HG), Joico Curl Definer