CurlTalk

Detangling crisis

DragonwellDragonwell Posts: 7Registered Users
I have really short hair , but in a few weeks it will grow longer and gets tangled ,
What is the best way to detangle hair that is really short ?
I deep condition and use a sulfate free shampoo once a week , i apply leave in conditioner and seal it with olive oil , twice a day and i cowash once or twice a week , in that regimen when is the best time to detangle hair and how often should i do it ?

it will kinda look like this

short-natural-hair.jpg

Comments

• Aliciamelena87Aliciamelena87 Posts: 68Registered Users
    Regardless of length you are going to need patience. You should be able to get away with finger combing. Good luck
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users
    I would recommend co washing since u have short hair, you might want to invest in a wide tooth comb.
    Comb with conditioner in your hair, it helps a lot :)

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • So_JaneSo_Jane Posts: 155Registered Users
    Dragonwell wrote: »
    I have really short hair , but in a few weeks it will grow longer and gets tangled ,
    What is the best way to detangle hair that is really short ?
    I deep condition and use a sulfate free shampoo once a week , i apply leave in conditioner and seal it with olive oil , twice a day and i cowash once or twice a week , in that regimen when is the best time to detangle hair and how often should i do it ?

it will kinda look like this

short-natural-hair.jpg

Do a deep treatment everytime you co-wash or 'poo your hair and a wide tooth comb to detangle wet hair helps alot.

If knots are an issue, you can use a conditioner like Suave Biobasics as your detangler solution (it has great slip and is only a couple of bucks). Then there's kinky-curly knot today detangler and leave-in... HTH.
    'Poo: Aubrey Organics or Suave Clarifying
    or Liquid African Black Soap (only 4-ingredients ; awesome!)
    Co-Wash: Aubrey Organics or Suave Condish
    Condish: Aubrey Organics or Onion Mask or Yogurt
    DT: Honey + Olive Oil + AO Condish or Yogurt mix
    ---
    Best Gel Combo, Ever!: Elasta Qp Feels Like Silk Liquid Gel +/under Eco Styler [Krystal, Brown] Gel (or under Wetline Extreme Styling Gel)- awesome!!