We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Could you please describe my voice?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    TNB, when I click on your link, it says "This video is private. Sorry about that."
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Your voice sounds pleasant and refined. Normal to me and expected.

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    B-wavy wrote: »
    TNB, when I click on your link, it says "This video is private. Sorry about that."
    Damn, I thought if I posted the link it'd work. Maybe I can change the setting to unlisted.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    I can hear it now. I agree with spiderlashes, your voice is *very* pleasant! The phrase "well-modulated" comes to mind.
    Thank you...

Is my voice deep, medium, breathy, nasally, denasal, etc?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I'd say high and not medium or deep.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Not a lot of inflection or variation. (Mariah Carey is an example of someone w a lot of variation in her tone.)

I'd say it's in the medium range. Not nasal.

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    like tomato sauce coming out of a can....smooth.

You sound like you would be on a nighttime radio station with smooth music.

You also sound like a computer voice at certain parts, were you reading something or thinking about to what to say?

you were very clear.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • krystrakrystra Posts: 25Registered Users
    You sound mellow, educated like maybe you could go into broadcasting.
  • krystrakrystra Posts: 25Registered Users
    Like the last post maybe smooth jazz. Lol
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    I'd say a medium, in terms of high-deep (for a female voice), mellow and slightly breathy with moderate inflection.
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Smooth and even were the first words that came to mind! Very pleasant, I think... I think you'd make a great narrator for something!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
    Thanks everyone!
    murrrcat wrote: »
    like tomato sauce coming out of a can....smooth.

You sound like you would be on a nighttime radio station with smooth music.

You also sound like a computer voice at certain parts, were you reading something or thinking about to what to say?

you were very clear.
    Ive been told that before. When I was a receptionist I'd answer the phone but lots of times no one would say anything. It was pretty frustrating until someone finally said, "I thought you were a recording."
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    It's very clear and precise. Smooth, too. Not breathy or nasally at all. I can see why you've had people think you were a recording, both because of the clarity and because in certain parts there was very little inflection.

There were a few high moments but overall I think you have a medium tone.
    Eres o te haces?
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,761Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I agree with everyone else.
    As a non-native English speaker, I d say your voice is very, very clear and very pleasant too.
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree with what everyone's said. Very mellifluous. Strong, clear enunciation, but gentle-sounding and mild. On the high-low continuum, definitely closer to high. I agree with the previous poster who said it was a voice for radio, but more specifically it reminds me of an NPR voice. Maybe a specific NPR person? I'm not sure.
    In search of a lost signature...
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Your voice sounds pleasant and refined. Normal to me and expected.

Yeah, I was going to say friendly and professional. But I like 'pleasant and refined' better (it's more refined ;)).
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,983Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Feminine, very pleasant and calm. I didn't find it high pitched, just medium, clear, perfect enunciation, no regional accents.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    Thanks, everyone! I'm flattered by the comments. I never thought of my voice as radio-worthy before.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• YomYom Posts: 1,146Registered Users
    Pleasant, friendly, clear. I could listen to your voice for hours!
    3A/B-ish BSL thick hair
    Modified CG since 08/10/2007
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurly-Y%2F" class="Popup (updated september 6)
    pw: currrly
    Yom wrote: »
    Pleasant, friendly, clear. I could listen to your voice for hours!

Awe, thanks Yom...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

Didn't someone say I sounded like Beyonce or the lady from Sweetie Pie's? Where'd that post go?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

That one may have been curlyfrenchyag's (wile), and if so, it's been deleted.
    Ahhh yes.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Didn't someone say I sounded like Beyonce or the lady from Sweetie Pie's? Where'd that post go?

Um, yeah, you don't sound anything like Beyonce. I was like :scratch: And I don't know what Sweetie Pie's is.
    In search of a lost signature...
    ursula wrote: »

Um, yeah, you don't sound anything like Beyonce. I was like :scratch: And I don't know what Sweetie Pie's is.

LOL Thanks, I don't think so either. Wendy Williams recently said Bey sounds like she has a 5th grade education. So I HOPE I don't sound like her. Sweetie Pie's is a TV show on the O network I think.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    B-wavy wrote: »
    That one may have been curlyfrenchyag's (wile), and if so, it's been deleted.

Well, that's WileE. She said that Spiderlashes looks like Wendy Williams.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • 09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
    Ummmm why are we judging your voice again? Or just looking for compliments?
    Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
    > :angel13:
    and less like this
    > :evil5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file