Hair seems greasy after styling??

curlykink1curlykink1 Posts: 5Registered Users
Okay ladies I need some help:( I have figured out that my hair is medium to course texture, High porosity, and thick. My routine I did today was as follows, cowash with AIA Cowash, deep conditioning treatment, then applied SM Smoothie for my LI, and styled with AIA Curly jelly and a little KCCC. My hair feels so smooth but at the tops of my hair looks and feels more greasy and the curl is a bit frizzy especially at bottom. Can you help me as to possibly why this is happening? I want a curl that doesn't look wet when it is dry. Although my hair takes hours to dry? Could it be the SM Smoothie that is causing the greasy look? Should I try more of a light weight LI like Tresamme?

Comments

• curlypriyacurlypriya Posts: 223Registered Users
    Try reducing the quantity of smoothie.. Same thing happened to me when I used too much of the smoothie....HTH!
    Hair type-3A/B fine ,dense,normal porosity..
    LOW POO : SM Moisture Retention,TBS Rainforest Moisture shampoo
    NO POO-DevaCurl No poo
    COWASH-Suave coconut,Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture,Vo5 kiwi Lime
    RO -DevaCurl One Condish,Shea moisture condish,Matrix Biolage CB
    LI- AO GVP protein balancing condish,SM thickening Yucca growth milk,SM Shea Butter Leave in
    Stylers - SM smoothie,Aveda Flaxseed Aloe Gel,Eco Styler (Protein and Olive oil),Deva Arc Angel
  • elizardelizard Posts: 284Registered Users
    also try concentrating your leave-in towards the bottom of your hair, not near the roots.
    2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
    RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
    stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
    DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file