CurlTalk

Super Bowl food without the Super Bowl

spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
I like snack food. I like snack food a lot. :love3: (that's me and snackies)

I was thinking of making snacks to eat for dinner Sunday since the Super Bowl will be on even tough neither of us watch football. :lol:

So whether you will be or won't be watching it, do share what your favorite appetizer type foods are. :happy1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.

Comments

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Dumplings of course. Whether they're empanadas, pierogi, guo ti, momos, mandoo, gyoza, wontons, I just like things wrapped in dough. :D
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    Roasted red pepper dip or a vegetable dip with pita chips
    Sausage cheese balls
    And... I will consider baby back ribs as a snack for this occasion ;)

If I were not getting sleepy, I could think of many more. I may be back.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    someone asked me if I'm watching the superbowl, I said "you must be confused".

ummm

I love snackies too.

I just came in here to see all the snackies cause I love snacks and am hungry.:evil4:

mini pizza
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Great thread! I need ideas, too.

I am making cream cheese bacon wrapped jalepenos. They are delicious.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    Sausage balls are the most important snack around here EVER. Mr. Spring would eat them every day if he could.

I'm really hungry right now and this thread isn't helping. Shame on me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Not snack food...I'm making chili, corn muffins, and banana pudding.

I also bought some chips and salsa.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote: »
    Sausage balls are the most important snack around here EVER. Mr. Spring would eat them every day if he could.

I'm really hungry right now and this thread isn't helping. Shame on me.

They are bite size balls of bliss. Haha. I try to limit them to holidays and specific occasions. That way I don't feel guilty about stuffing my face with many of them.

Even though it doesn't sound good when put like that.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stuffing your face with balls. haha!

I only make them at Christmas and it's happy times around here, for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I love the superbowl and food and hosting. But this year I'm still sad the Falcons didn't make it. We are probably going to go watch it somewhere because I don't really care to watch it.

What I would be having if we were home -

Chili
    Tortilla chips/salsa
    chips/dip
    wings
    pizza
    maybe gaucamole
    cake
    icecream

When I used to date a guy that could cook ...

Jerk chicken on the grill..yummm
    rice and beans
    plantains
    cabbage
    + chips and other junk

I'm more of a meal person than snack..
    Looks like I'll be having Super Bowl food WITH the Super Bowl; our neighbors invited us over! They know we don't watch football though and that we're only there for the food & company. I told her I'd show up with a plate, fork, and bib on. :D

Pizza
    Mini Tacos
    Guacamole (I'm taking that)
    Some sort of cheese dip she wants to try that has fontina, mozzarella, spinach, tomatoes, bacon and I have no idea what else in it.
    I may also make a corn and black eyed pea salsa to take if it doesn't involve me going to the grocery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    Buffalo chicken dip. It is like eating wings without getting your finngers dirty.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using CurlTalk App
    hello.world.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I made vegetarian sausage balls for a party back in December and that cuts out a ton of the fat. I used that weird sausage substitute GimmeLean and I have to say they were AWESOME!!!

I want sausage balls! And Figi, yes, I am laughing at you. Sorry.

I want snack food now!!!!!
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    Buffalo chicken dip and homemade pizza hut breadsticks (I love them so much, and these are pretty much a dead ringer for not a lot work).
    I've always wanted to try buffalo chicken dip.

I think we're having banana pudding today too.

Lard help me. I'm eating a light breakfast. :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Laura Lee wrote: »
    Buffalo chicken dip and homemade pizza hut breadsticks (I love them so much, and these are pretty much a dead ringer for not a lot work).

Those look delicious.
    spring1onu wrote: »
    I've always wanted to try buffalo chicken dip.

I think we're having banana pudding today too.

Lard help me. I'm eating a light breakfast. :lol:

Just finished the pudding...chilling in the fridge!

Corn muffins are in the oven!
    My neighbor is from the south as am I (the same area, even!!) and her mom lives here in CA as well. She and her mom grocery shop and cook every weekend and they make a lot of the things I grew up with and the banana pudding her mom makes is just so good you want to slap someone when you eat it and banana pudding isn't even my favorite thing. I went over yesterday afternoon and saw they were making it and instantly got hungry. :lol:

I'm so glad to have them as neighbors and that they include us in their family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is my first time to make it, but we have it quite often back home!
    cyndi wrote: »
    This is my first time to make it, but we have it quite often back home!

Don't tell Saria, but I got the recipe from allrecipes.com....
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    OMG banana pudding and allrecipes! Two things I hate! It's like you're trying to hurt me.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    It was fantastic!
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »
    OMG banana pudding and allrecipes! Two things I hate! It's like you're trying to hurt me.
    :evil4:

my father makes my grammas secret banana pudding! hahahaaah

it tastes nothing like any other banana pudding that I know of, sometimes I wonder why they call it that because banana pudding that most people eat is totally different. It's almost like bread pudding but with bananas but not bread pudding because i can't describe things. And other banana puddings are totally gross.

I can only handle a little. I love banana au natural..

OMG I WANT A BANANA SPLIT BLIZZARD FROM DQ NOW. those are diggity bomb. :evil4:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    67964_444088802330650_1109744503_n.jpg
    cyndi wrote: »
    not snack food...i'm making chili, corn muffins, and banana pudding.

I also bought some chips and salsa.

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1359928253.445598.jpgImageUploadedByCurlTalk1359928278.619795.jpg
    Here's some of the spread. The bacon, spinach, cheese, and tomato dip my neighbor made was incredibly good. The banana pudding didn't make the picture, but it sure was good.

superbowl%2520food.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]