Compliments R Us

124»

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    So I was talking to this gentleman and it was a pretty long mostly business related conversation. Later I sent him a text and he responded back and said btw your hair is beautiful.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This is sort of an odd one, but I heard it again today, "You remind me of the girl that Charlie Brown loved!"
  • curlysophiecurlysophie Posts: 216Registered Users
    My orthodontist says "You have such pretty hair!" or some variation of that every time I have an appointment. I'm like "Thanks but aren't you supposed to be looking at my braces?" Lol.
    Also, several months ago I went to Michelle Phan's book tour and when I went up to her, the first thing she said was "I love your curls!" and touched them. I thought I was going to hyperventilate!
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
  • knitapeaceknitapeace Posts: 44Registered Users
    I go to regular stylist, not Deva or anything, but yesterday was my second visit to her and she just went on about how much she loved my hair and complimenting me on how healthy it is. I took my own product but she had some sulfate free shampoo, which I thought was nice considering it's a salon in her home and she doesn't have ready access to supplies. She fully supports my commitment to not straightening as well, which is unusual here on Long Island where it seems like everybody has long, straight hair. I'm so glad I found her and I was walking on air all day after her compliments!
    2B/2C for the most part, dense, coarse, porous, NEVER SHINY!!!! :angry1:
    Loving my new pixie cut!
    Gracefully going grey
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I work in a ground floor office with my desk in front of a long wall of windows so people driving and walking by can easily see me (I feel like I'm in a fish bowl sometimes). Awhile back I had spoken to a woman on the street and told her I loved her hair and we had a long chat about curls, products, about her getting rid of her extensions and going natural, etc. And anytime we would see each other we would talk some more about hair, laughing about what kitchen/food products we were using in our hair. haha.
    So last week she came in my office and I could see she has 2 or 3 inches of gorgeous silver growing in and she said that she was giving up the dye because she walked by my office all the time and would see and admire my grey hair. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • HaileyRHaileyR Posts: 98Registered Users
    Walking in to Mcdonalds with my friend and my hair was still pretty wet from my shower, not a pretty site. An employee held the door for us, which in its self was already sweet seeing as it was busy and this was only a Mcdonalds. He told me he loved my "pretty curls". It was a small gesture, but meant a lot seeing as he was complete stranger and had the most genuine smile when he said it. Made my day!
    High Porosity
    Fine
    Dense
    2c-3b
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    In talking with my hair stylist who started off almost knocking me down for my curly hair routine and not using shampoo, etc, gave me an awesome compliment when I got my hair cut a couple weeks ago. We were talking about styles for the wedding, and she recommended that I come in with my curly hair, she wouldn't touch it except for the part I wanted braided and pinned back. She said I do a great job with my curls. Coming from her, that's a huge compliment. She's an excellent stylist, minus being a little over-opinionated on the schooled stylist front.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • CurlyMan82CurlyMan82 Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pretty much every time I went to get braids, somebody would say something. One time a lady said I had great genes. Last time I went, I noticed people leaned over and crouched behind things, with their phones out, taking pictures from across the room, LOL.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    Today I was rockg 3rd day hair which for me means geting dry and needs washing but still big and poofy. I get home from work and a guy from across the partking lot yells "love your natural hair. It's beautiful." :toothy4: I said thank you so much.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • Keltey1031Keltey1031 Posts: 115Registered Users
    I've been experimenting with product recently and never know even remotely what my hair will look like until my lunch break when it's almost dry. I work in a customer service oriented job and I usually get the typical, "Is your hair naturally curly? Do you know how much people pay for that?!" from little old ladies. After having a not so stellar start to my Monday though, I just couldn't help but smile because I had not one but two hairstylists tell me they loved my hair! The first told me she loved it and to never, ever highlight/color it while the other said it reminded her so much of her 13-year-old's pretty curls. :sunny:
    2b/armpit length/high density/normal porosity/medium texture/normal elasticity
    Cut hair from mid-back length to armpit length on 9/19/15

Current Products
    SM Strengthen Grow & Restore Shampoo
    SM Coconut Water Fruit Fusion Shampoo
    SM Marfura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner
    HE Naked Volumizing Souffle
  • NeirelleNeirelle Posts: 126Registered Users
    A nice lady in the bathroom said to me.."your hair is so pretty, u probably find it annoying because people tell it to you all the time, but it so pretty"...made me laugh she was nice :))
  • ExpectoPatronumExpectoPatronum Posts: 143Registered Users
    We had someone over our house yesterday and she stopped to ask me if my hair was natural. She said she loved it, then proceeded to tell my parents she loved my hair so much. :)

I had a group project over the last semester, and one of my group members told me she was jealous of my waves and curls.

I've gotten so many compliments since I've started embracing my texture. It's kind of silly to think I used to be self-conscious about it!
    :color: HAIR STATS & ROUTINE :color:
    2c/3a--medium porosity--medium density--medium/coarse
    Cleansers: Shea Moisture Scalp Detox Shampoo, wash ~2x a week
    Conditioners: Cantu Hydrating Cream Conditioner (RO,HG!)
    Stylings: SM Curl and Style Milk (HG), Camille Rose Curl Maker (HG!)
    SOTC: SM Curl and Style Milk
    Oils: Coconut
    Working with waves since April 2015

• braidsntwistsbraidsntwists Posts: 197Registered Users
    I've had nothing but compliments with my hair lately. I have found a routine that works for me. The more I do the rake and shake method the curlier it's getting. People have been asking whether my hair is real. All I do is pineapple at night with those old school fabric bobble that doesn't leave a dent in my hair with a silk scarf or bonnet and sleep on a satin pillowcase. I can go 4 5 days without washing my hair but could go longer. At the beginning I had to do wash and goes everyday as it was very short. I have been telling them to come on this site when I have been shopping.

I'm so glad I did my big chop in 2011. My hair has grown alot and is healthy. I cut my hair myself. I have a long fringe that goes just below my eyes. In my younger days I didn't know how to treat my curls. Now that I have accepted my curls my hair thanks me for it.
    3b 3c 4a low/medium porosity on roots&middle,and porous on ends, fine/medium strands.

Use cones in Winter. CG in the summer.
  • FeedYourHeadFeedYourHead Posts: 236Registered Users
    I got complimented on my curly hair by a guy in the grocery store last night--and I had 2nd-day hair! All I'd done to it was sprayed a little leave-in conditioner into it and scrunched it in.

(NOTE TO SELF: Should use Fruit of the Earth AVG more often. Makes very good 2nd-day hair.)
    Name: FeedYourHead's Hair

Description: 3A/3B/2C in the back, Botticelli, fine, thick, high porosity, CG since 2008

Likes: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser; Curls Coconut Curlada conditioner; L - Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea or Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing, O - coconut oil, C - Curls Creme Brule cream; FOTE AVG; honey; banana hair masks
    Dislikes: Silicones (:thumbdown:), Hairbrushes (:eek:) and harsh detergents (:protest:)
    Walking to work this morning, a cold blustery Monday, I'm not in the mood for work so my face was probably kind of b1tchy looking. A woman walks by with gorgeous red wavy hair and says "I've always wanted to tell you, you have goddess hair!!" Well that made me more chipper and of course I complimented her back. : )
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • bookgrdngirlbookgrdngirl Posts: 403Registered Users
    When I was at Walmart with my parents, I heard a few "ooohs," and "ahhs." When I turned around, one of the woman (she was with another woman who was pointing to me) said loudly, "You have the most gorgeous big and curly hair! It's so big and pretty!" It made me smile. :)
    Corkicelli multi-patterned 3B with 3A & 3C sections. High density, low porosity, norm-high elasticity & coarse. 3yrs without straightening. CG since 6/25/15. Methylisothiazolinone allergy. Protein sensitive. Cruelty free. :albino: BLOG :flower:
    • Giovanni: Avocado and Olive Oil (RO), Tea Tree Sham & Con (CW/RO)
    • KC: KT, CC, CC
    • CR: CM, GR, AWB, Balm
    • CJ: DF, CIAB, SL, CR
    • CURLS: Souffle
    • AV Juice
    • EVOO
    I was at a big fundraiser on Saturday night and a young woman came up and loudly gushed about my hair for a long time. She has a hair salon and said she never sees such beautiful hair. I just wanted to squeeze her! : )
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,106Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    that has to be the best hair compliment i've ever heard! would have made my whole weekend.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Curls80Curls80 Posts: 504Registered Users Curl Novice
    I was at a restaurant the other weekend with my husband and the waitress came up to me and said she and this other waitress were just standing their admiring my hair and that she loves my curls. She said she straightens her hair all of the time but it can get as big and curly as mine. I felt it was a teachable moment lol! So I encouraged her to embrace her curls! Hee hee. It was a good conversation.

Another day, a woman with curly hair herself stopped me and asked if I get hair compliments all of the time, because I have gorgeous hair. That made me pause because truthfully I do get a lot of compliments. I like to graciously accept the compliment and I often laugh at myself because usually I'm so hard on my own hair I can't believe I'm getting a compliment lol!
    3a/3b high porosity, mainly coarse, medium density
    Live in Canada- hot summers, freezing winters- dry dry dry
    As I am cleansing pudding, soultanicals deep condish, curl junkie Argan and olive oil conditioner, soultanicals leave in
    KCCC, curlsmith soufflé, ufdcm, spiralicious, as I am curling jelly
    Scrunch with hair repear towel, then diffuse or air
    Protein- CJ Repair Me
    I took my sister out for her birthday Saturday night to see a band. It was at a dive bar I like out in the boonies where you are likely to see tractors, motorcycles, horses, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles along with all the trucks and regular vehicles. One of the biker dudes walked up to me and told me how much he loved my hair and just thought it was beautiful. : )
  • NeroNero Posts: 7Registered Users
    My mom has told me for most of my life that I have beautiful hair. She has wavy hair and hates it. Says she's envious of the body my hair has. (I have stopped trying to convince her to try CG method)
    Her bf also loves my curls but he is bold and says it would be nice to have any hair.
    Once a random lady was in the mall with her daughter and pointed out my hair to her daughter and said "You're going to have beautiful curly hair like her". :) Made my day.
    My current bf told me he usually doesn't like long hair (I had long hair when we started dating) but said that my hair was beautiful and curly. :)
    ~Current Routine~
    Co-Wash: As I Am coconut cowash
    Shampoo: As I Am Shampoo (low-poo)
    RO: AG Re:Coil Condish
    Leave in: As I Am leave in condish
    Detangle with wide tooth comb
    Style: Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
    Plop with a hair towel and air dry

Experimenting with Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls...:confused:

Baby #1 on the way....:binky::love3::book:
  • Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 398Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wore stretched hair today and my mom said "Is all that hair yours? " and I was like "yeah!"

That comment made me feel really good :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    4a/3c, Low Porosity, Fine Texture
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver, BC over fourth of July weekend. It was pretty crowded and as I was trying to cross the (swaying, shaking, shimmying) bridge, some older Asian woman proclaimed loudly, "I like you hair-do" LOL....it made the bridge crossing more pleasurable.
    CG since Dec. 2013 :blob3:
    3b/c ~ fine ~ medium porosity ~ low density ~ dyed dark red
    No-Poo: Cantu Cleansing Cream Shampoo
    RO: Suave Essentials Volumizing Conditioner
    Styler: Tresemme Extra Firm Control Mousse & Hairspray
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I went to San Diego last week, a couple of guys in 2 separate gay clubs made comments about my hair, including one who had curly hair himself.

When my mom dropped me off at a Greyhound bus station (that's a-whole-nother story), some bumbling vagrant said something complimentary about my hair too and I thought, "well, there's my welcome to the Greyhound station!" LOL
    CG since Dec. 2013 :blob3:
    3b/c ~ fine ~ medium porosity ~ low density ~ dyed dark red
    No-Poo: Cantu Cleansing Cream Shampoo
    RO: Suave Essentials Volumizing Conditioner
    Styler: Tresemme Extra Firm Control Mousse & Hairspray
  • AddeeAddee Posts: 351Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I went meet a friend for lunch. As I was getting out my car to go in some guys were going to their car. One said hi. I said hello. He said "love the hair". I said thank you. I had it back in loose bun and my hair is super thick tight curls.
    Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I get typical I-love-your-hair complements but sooio many people have told me recently how they love it even better curly... makes my day!
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 333Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love getting compliments on my hair, it always stays with me and just makes me feel so much better. Usually, it'll be " is that your natural curl, or did you get a perm"? Or " is your hair naturally curly"? A few years ago, i was working at a fast food place for a few months, just for a little extra money, part time. We were having a meeting, and a girl asked me if it was natural, I said yes, and she told me. " girl, you are BLESSED". I thought it was so sweet.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
124»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file