Compliments R Us

Comments

• robynmprobynmp Posts: 75Registered Users
    I was getting brunch one morning and I had second day hair (which I always struggle with!) the girl at the table across for me had beautiful, long, straight, think ombre hair - I felt SO jealous! I noticed she kept looking at me and half way through dinner she leaned over the booth and said "I love your hair!" The grass is greener right?
    Fine, 2c-3a, high porosity, high density, bleached ends.

Hair hates glycerin
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was at a luncheon today and an older woman gestured for me to come over. She said she had been watching me and she just wanted to tell me how much she loves my hair and I should continue to wear my curls.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • RytokaRytoka Posts: 309Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had two salesgirls at Ulta stop me to tell me how much they loved my hair. One said she could spend hours with her curling iron and still not get curls like mine :) and that was a not so good second day hair lol
    Katie
    2C/3a, Medium Texture, Normal porosity, High Density, Normal Elasticity (so says the LCLF Hair analysis)
    Co Wash: As I am
    RO: Yes To Carrots / Ion
    LI: Biotera / Samy Big Curls Defining Cream
    Gel: FSG, Volumax (Original and Mega)
    Color: Henna
    Tools: Diffusing
    :thumright:
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This lady came in to fill out volunteer paperwork today and she complimented me on my hair. I said thank you and that I used to want straight hair but now I love my curls. She looked like she got offended and was like, "Figures. God blesses some of us more than other and then we don't want it." I was taken aback by that remark, but she had this envious look on her face. I guess she has always struggled with a lack of curl. Interesting how the grass is greener sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• FrofameFrofame Posts: 1Registered Users
    I was in walmart sporting my three day old wash and go. A lady came over to me in the frozen section and asked what i put in my hair. It made me feel good because nothing was in this mixed up curl pattern head except 15% of the conditioner i neglected to wash out! 8-)
  • HtBlackHtBlack Posts: 292Registered Users
    I still need to get even one single compliment from a person that isn't family or husband -even friends! - but it's so cute to read through this thread.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.
  • CoifedCoilsCoifedCoils Posts: 31Registered Users
    I usually get compliments on my hair from random guys, but one of the more memorable ones was from this older woman with a gorgeous head of silver waves/curls. I was caught off guard cause I was walking down the hall by myself or so I thought lol. That old lady was secretly a ninja or something.
    HtBlack wrote: »
    I still need to get even one single compliment from a person that isn't family or husband -even friends! - but it's so cute to read through this thread.

Aww really? You will, just give it time.
    XD haha, that's funny.

I was on skype with my mother-in-law and she did compliment me, but it's still family. XD

The problem is really just where I live. Here no stranger talks to each other, it's like they're afraid of being nice. -_-

A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
  • CoifedCoilsCoifedCoils Posts: 31Registered Users
    Oh, I see, that sucks. People where I live are kind of in the middle, sometimes they're friendly and sometimes they like to stay in their own business.
    At least the people that matter are the ones who like your hair. :)
    :D I agree CoifedCoils!

--
    Routine:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,554Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Not having a great day today (thank you, severe migraine) so I didn't even wash my hair just put it up in a pony. I feel a bit bedraggled and look the same. But a couple minutes ago a cute young guy came in to my office and said "I was walking by and just had to come in and tell you how much I love your hair. It's awesome."
    So I'm smiling like a goof. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The mail lady came up to hand me the mail at work and I turned to get her something and she noticed the back of my hair (it's cut in an inverted bob) and she said, "So, we're cutting our hair now?" I responded by saying how I wanted something light and different since it is Spring now and she said, "Gorgeous curls like yours and you cut them! Here I am trying to grow my hair out. I'm so jealous."

The next day, she came back with curls (wig/weave) and I complimented her on the new style and she said that she was trying to be like me! I blushed and felt so great the rest of the day. Still do! :toothy10:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• tengoRizostengoRizos Posts: 195Registered Users
    About a week into CG (round 2, I tried about 4 years ago, but couldn't get it right), and I'm still feeling a little unsure.

But I was hanging out with my boyfriend after work, and he kept looking at my hair. Finally he said "Your hair looks extra bouncy today." :)

So maybe I'll stick with CG a little longer
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have been getting a lot of hair compliments lately. It's nice but they thing is I have been trying to learm more bun styles to get ready for the summer. The heat and humidity killed my hair last year. People keep saying my hair looks nice and they don't dis the bun but add they "like it big and full". I took the hint. Wore it big today. lol:toothy10:
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • FraenzyFraenzy Posts: 48Registered Users
    After one month CG and with 4th day hair (longest since now!!!!) one of my workmates (with great blonde, straight hair) came to me and said: " U know what I hate about u? That ur hair looks everyday like u r going to the coiffeur before showing up here! Im so jealous!"
    :toothy5:

Couldnt believe it!
    2c/3a curls
    low porosity, medium/high density, medium width (as far as I see now ;) )
    CG since March 2014

Still searching for the best products!

Routine now:

Cleanse/shampoo with YTC Nourishing Shampoo
    Cleanse with SM Yucca Baobab Conditioner/Rainforest Moisture Conditioner
    YTC Pampering Conditioner/Loreal Everpure Moisture RO or LI
    For styling I use any Eco styler gel (do not like the Argan oil that much)
    For DC I mix SM Condi+Honey+Olive Oil
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,554Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I've had so many compliments this past week! Male and female, in their 20's and up into their 80's and 1 lady who is 92. : )
    My hair is the same as usual, not great or anything so I don't know what's up with all the attention. But it has made me smile a mile!!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A guy at work today walked past, stopped, backtracked and was like, 'you've got some lovely little ringlets going on today!'

Very nice way to brighten my morning!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • CurlyInTheFogCurlyInTheFog Posts: 876Registered Users
    I was on an Alaskan cruise a couple of weeks ago, and if any of you have been on one you know it tends to be windy and damp, so not particularly curl friendly. Plus, I streamlined my routine so I wouldn't have to bring as many products, and wasn't using a diffuser as I normally do. We were sitting around in a public area, and a woman came up to me and told me she was so jealous of my hair because she used to have the same hair (it was in a short pixie). I thanked her and as she was walking away I heard her tell her friend, "She has great hair!" Made my decade, lol. Although truth be told I think a lot of it is my most recent cut, because ever since the cut it looks good even when it's not at its best. I was beaming! :D
    3a/b, F, normal porosity

Suave conditioner, LAL gel
  • pinkpostitheartpinkpostitheart Posts: 112Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My mother, ever over-gushing, "Your hair is gorgeous today" when I dropped by. I usually take that like nothing, since your mother *has* to love what you do--right?

Then, I went to my cousin's house to lend her some batteries (for video games' controllers), and as I stepped in the front door, one of the little boys shouted,

"Wow, your hair is beautiful!"

I smile, then graciously say to the little man, "Why, thank you!"

Then he continues to gush in his sweetest 7-year-old voice to my cousin, "[Cousin's Name], your mom's hair is beautiful!"

Hol' up, I'm only 3 years older than her, little man :laughing3:

Still, was a lovely affirmation of the curly and large afro I'm rocking lately.

event.png

Last Relaxer: 12/24/2012
    Weekly Products I'm Using:
    Pantene Relaxed & Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner
    Blue Magic Hairdress
    Grapeseed Oil
    my hair is normal-ish porosity / dense / fine+medium strands
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Went into London at the weekend with the other half and was stopped by this random woman who said she absolutely loved my hair. She brought me over to her guy friend (who had very long hair) and he was asking me for haircare tips and stuff. Was very funny (and sweet)!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • CurlyFelineCurlyFeline Posts: 156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Today my boyfriend and I were in the city. We passed by a market stall. Looking a handbags and stuff. Suddenly the girl behind the stall complimented me on my curls. She said that my hair looked really beautiful and asked me if I'd just been to the hairdresser.
    I said that they were my own.

(And thought by myself no 'cause hairdressers always seem to mess my hair up. )

I was so happy after this compliment. It has made my day.
    3A curly (cherub curls)
    fine, med to low density, rather low porosity
  • XhexaniaXhexania Posts: 65Registered Users
    Today at work, I took off my hat and a co-worker of mine said that he liked my hair. It was a huge shock to me because everyone in my household seems to deride me for wearing my hair like this. It made my night so much better.
    Fine Strands, High Density, (Seemingly) Normal Porosity
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 577Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was in Target a few weeks ago in the hair care aisle (of course :P) and I heard a woman say, "Look! She has curly hair too". The woman's curly-haired daughter was sitting in the cart. She explained to me that her daughter who was 3 hated her curls so she always tried to point out women with nice curly hair to her. We exchanged some product knowledge and recommendations. It was a pleasant experience :)
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

^ That was a nice story! : )
  • robynmprobynmp Posts: 75Registered Users
    This might belong in the hall of shame but whatever. I've tried some new products and tried some new techniques, which has really improved my hair. I've been getting some compliments but since my hair looks and feels softer people WON'T STOP TOUCHING IT. I was at school and my friend came up to me, then got two other people to touch my hair with her. My boyfriends mom likes to run her hands through his hair. I've just let it go for now, because I know they are just curious and I've been trying to take it as a compliment. People never used to compliment or touch my hair!
    Fine, 2c-3a, high porosity, high density, bleached ends.

Hair hates glycerin
  • ElyonariElyonari Posts: 32Registered Users
    I just remembered one great compliment...
    My friend love and adore my hair. Before 1 year I dyed my hair and it was very ruined so I cut it drastically. It all happened in one month. He was shocked when he saw me. I could even see a tears in in his eyes when he saw my hair. Then he started with the lecture! "Why did you do that... I mean, your hair is ok, BUT WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" Then he took his phone and started to look my old FB photos. He found one and showed it to me and said:"I LOVE YOUR CURLS, GET THEM BACK!"

Thanks to him, I am keeping my hair natural and started to love my curls!
    :toothy7:
    2C in a back, 3A in front
    Low/normal porosity
    Medium/low density
    Good elasticity
    Short length

Trying:
    Babylove shampoo (no sulfates)
    Alverde Nutri-Care conditioner - Almond oil and Argan oil (no silicones)
    Alverde Syling gel...some long words on German... (no silicones)
    FSG (low dew points)
    Coconut oil as hair mask

121rgih_th.jpg

:toothy10:
  • NeirelleNeirelle Posts: 126Registered Users
    Went to the asian store and this asian chick complimented me :) she was so loud lol she works as one of the cashiers she pointer her hair which kinda looked wavy and i told her her wavy hair looks nice but then she told me she perms it and she wanted her hair to turn out like my hair but hers always go wavy
    The boyfriend and I went out to eat Saturday night at a local Italian joint. It was packed full of people and a woman walked over, apologized for interrupting our dinner, and loudly gushed about my hair. Pretty much half the place stopped what they were doing and turned to check out my hair with lots of nodding and discussing. : )
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 577Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I went to 2 clubs last Saturday night and damn, my hair got so much love. Some girl was trying to push her way through the crowd with an alcoholic beverage and it was hovering over my head. I watched it (and her) like a hawk. She started raving about my hair. "Your hair is so cute!", "is it naturally like that?" I replied accordingly and thought, 'You better not spill that drink on my hair though.' During the night, a few other people complimented too.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• tatiilover234tatiilover234 Posts: 15Registered Users
    While I was shopping at the beauty supply store today, a woman came up to me and raved about my hair which shocked me since it was an old wash and go that I just shook out and ran out the house with. Then she tells me she has a daughter with curly hair and asked for advice on products and tips. I was pretty shocked and happy since I've always dreamed of this happening to me since it seemed to for everyone else. Anyways I let her know my routine and go to products but I wish that I wasn't in such a state of shock and taken back and given her some more helpful advice but hopefully I helped her out at least a little. So yea this definitely made my day.
    Current Products
    Shampoo: Bobeam shampoo bars
    Conditioner: Tresseme Natural Conditioner
    Co-Wash- Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner
    Deep Condish- Dax Roots hair mayonnaise
    Leave in: Eco Cocktail or mixed chicks leave in
    Styler: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper
    Gel: Homemade Flaxseed Gel
    Oil: Coconut oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji