We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Co-washing

Hi, I'm new to this board and I have cut off all relaxer and now have my natural 3C hair for a year now and I would like to ask a question: What is meant by Co-washing?? I see it mentioned but haven't the slightest idea what it means. Also, what can I use to strengthen and grow my hair? Any suggestions would nice, as I am trying to have healthy hair for the future. Thanks all :-)

Comments

• Wavy_Girl1116Wavy_Girl1116 Posts: 209Registered Users
    Hi and welcome! I am pretty new to this but have some knowledge and will try my best to help. Co washing is a method in which you use a silicone fee conditioner to clean the hair and scalp. It is a gentle way of removing dirt without removing your hair's natural oils that condition and soften the hair. Also it is important if you want to start this method to do a final sulfate wash to start fresh and remove any product build up you might have. There is a lot of information on this site and on the web about this method and would be helpful to research. It's called the Curly Girl method or CG for short. Hope this helped and good luck!!
    Type- 2a
    Texture- Fine
    Porosity- Normal
    Elastisity- Normal
    Density- Medium

CO- Vo5 kiwi lime squeeze, various sauve conditioners, loreal evercurl cleansing co.
    Style- beautiful curls wave enhancing leave-in, pure and clean gel, Shea moisture smoothie
    Techniques- plopping
    CG since- Jan. 15th 2013
  • naynay36naynay36 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you wavy_girl for explaining what co washing is :-) I have heard that it is good for the hair, instead of the constant washing, which tends to dry out the hair. Also, thanks for telling me what to look for when I look up some more info on it, appreciate it.
  • Wavy_Girl1116Wavy_Girl1116 Posts: 209Registered Users
    naynay36 wrote: »
    Thank you wavy_girl for explaining what co washing is :-) I have heard that it is good for the hair, instead of the constant washing, which tends to dry out the hair. Also, thanks for telling me what to look for when I look up some more info on it, appreciate it.
    No problem!! I know it can be a bit overwhelming when you get started but I think it is worth it! I've never been this happy with my hair :)
    Type- 2a
    Texture- Fine
    Porosity- Normal
    Elastisity- Normal
    Density- Medium

CO- Vo5 kiwi lime squeeze, various sauve conditioners, loreal evercurl cleansing co.
    Style- beautiful curls wave enhancing leave-in, pure and clean gel, Shea moisture smoothie
    Techniques- plopping
    CG since- Jan. 15th 2013

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file