eyeshadows

nepanthenepanthe Posts: 292Registered Users
Hello,

Does anyone wear shadows? Can anyone recommend any eyeshadows with serious staying power.?

Mac users--are these eyedshadows any good?

Thanks for your replies.

Comments

• godgivenpermgodgivenperm Posts: 678Registered Users
    I think that for any eye shadow to have any serious staying power you have to prime your eyelid with foundataion or something similar. Then "set" the shadow by dusting some powder over the lids.

Although I don't what they're like these days, Christian Dior used to have great eye shawdows that lasted for hours with no creasing. They were very $$$ then so I can't even imagine what they cost now.

The worst eye shadow I ever bought was Chanel, although I think some people on this board like it.

I don't wear that much eye shadow anymore but when I do I'm usually wearing Bare Escentuals and don't find them to last very long on the lid at all, even with a primer.

I'll be curious to read what others have to say on the subject. Maybe someone will share a good tip!
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i SWEAR by Lumene eyeshadow base. i used to use a base by lancome but this one is FAR better. it's in a tube and costs $10 and it keeps my eyeshadow on my oily lids. even after an intense workout my eyeshadow is still in place. the base is tan in color but it doesn't change the color of shadows at all. i highly recommend it. i buy it at CVS...it's the only place i've seen it. by the way, i do dust my eyes w/ a light powder before shadow (after base) for extra staying power but that's not required....

i also use mac shadow 90% of the time. i have one iman blush that i wear as a shadow and one bobbi brown that i wear but everything else is mac. i have found that frosty lids don't do well on me mainly because of my oily lids...i do better w/ matte and satin and veluxe shades...the good thing w/ mac is that for almost every color you could want they come in different textures...
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    All eyeshadows will crease up and slide off on me if I don't use a primer first. There are some really great primers out there, usually silicone based, but they are very expensive. I've tried them all, and I now use Monistat Soothing Care Anti-Chafing Powder/Gel and it makes my eyeshadow last all day. It's in the feminine hygiene section of any grocery or drug store...very cheap for a big tube that will last you for years. You can get a free sample here:

http://www.soothingcare.com/soothingcare/index_soothing.htm
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    thanks rcw...i'll try it since it's FREE!!!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i use a MAC paint as a base (Bare Canvas) and it lasts all day!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • MegaraMegara Posts: 424Registered Users
    I love MAC eyeshadows. They don't end up under my eyes halfway throught the day.
    pw:curls

To quote wild_sasparilla:
    'Thou shaketh it a little and it feeleth alright.'
  • nepanthenepanthe Posts: 292Registered Users
    I just ordered a sample of the Monistat. Was this the product that everyone was or is using as a primer for makeup instead of buying a makeup primer from Smashbox Cosmetics or other makeup lines. If so, I will definitely be buying this product..I am always so late.
    Was this the product that everyone was or is using as a primer for makeup instead of buying a makeup primer from Smashbox Cosmetics or other makeup lines.

Yes
    I feel soooo stupid...I have to admit, I really learn a lot from this board..Thanks ladies for your response. Just added the monistat to my grocery list!
    Just added the monistat to my grocery list!

Cool...just make sure you get the Soothing Care Anti-Chafing Powder Gel, and not the vaginal yeast cream. :)
    Just added the monistat to my grocery list!

Cool...just make sure you get the Soothing Care Anti-Chafing Powder Gel, and not the vaginal yeast cream. :)

most definitely...
  • dabadckgrldabadckgrl Posts: 36Registered Users
    All eyeshadows will crease up and slide off on me if I don't use a primer first. There are some really great primers out there, usually silicone based, but they are very expensive. I've tried them all, and I now use Monistat Soothing Care Anti-Chafing Powder/Gel and it makes my eyeshadow last all day. It's in the feminine hygiene section of any grocery or drug store...very cheap for a big tube that will last you for years. You can get a free sample here:

http://www.soothingcare.com/soothingcare/index_soothing.htm
    How safe is this to wear on your eyes? What are the warnings on the box?
    Colored & Highlighted, trying to cover the gray, 2c curls past my shoulders. Shea Moisture Thickening Shampoo, Leave in Kinky Curly Knot, Next day curl refresher spray: kinky curly curling custard mixed with distilled water and Jojoba oil. Pomade Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade. Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz.
    How safe is this to wear on your eyes? What are the warnings on the box?

This is an "off label" use of a product. I'm sure it hasn't been tested in eyes...but I don't wear it in my eyes...just on my eyelid, like you would use any cream or lotion (which, incidentally, are not eyesafe either). I have been using it for a year without any problems.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file