CurlTalk

Silly vent: You're not from the city!!

Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
This is so silly and pointless, but it really bothers me. Drives me nuts. I know there are waaaaaaay more important things to worry about. But anyway, it's when people say they're from a city, when they're actually from a random suburb outside of the city and don't actually know the city well at all or really even visit the city more than a few times per year.

I live in Boston. IN Boston. I grew up in the suburbs about 20 miles away. I would never say I grew up "in Boston". I didn't. But I do live in Boston. I've lived here for years now. I have so many facebook friends from the suburbs, who I literally almost never see because they never come into the city, and when they do they only go to the most obnoxious touristy downtown places. But then they post all kinds of things about how cool it is to be a "Boston Girl" or are talking about how tough "us Bostonians" are, etc. It just drives me nuts! You live out in the boonies, you don't live in Boston! You're not from Boston! You barely even ever visit Boston! You have no idea how to get around the city (by foot, car, or subway). You don't know the layout of the neighborhoods, and the different defining characteristics, other than random sayings here and there. You don't know the bars and restaurants. You're from Massachusetts. Not Boston. Why is that so hard to face up to?!

For the record, I believe people do this regarding all major cities, and it's just as annoying. It's not a Boston thing....that's just my example because I live here.
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
«13

Comments

  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    :laughing3: This made me laugh. Not at you WhoMe. Just what you were saying.

    I think we need a silly vent thread - for things that aren't serious enough for the say it thread. Shall I start one?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I find that funny because one of the largest cities in the country is Phoenix, and people never want to claim they're from Phoenix even if they're from the metro area. Instead it's "I'm from Tempe/Scottsdale/Chandler/Buckeye" and they're all considered from Phoenix in the general view of things.



    It's funny to me, too, because one of my biggest meaningless annoyances is something you did in your post. "I have so many facebook friends from the suburbs, who I literally almost never see because they never come into the city, and when they do they only go to the most obnoxious touristy downtown places." Because CERTAINLY it couldn't be because you never go see them...
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    curlypearl wrote: »
    :laughing3: This made me laugh. Not at you WhoMe. Just what you were saying.

    I think we need a silly vent thread - for things that aren't serious enough for the say it thread. Shall I start one?

    Pleeassseee do!
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Also in houston people say they're from the houston area but usually clarify because houston is sooo spread out that barely anyone is really from there unless they grew up in an office building lol.

    But at the same time, for the sake of ease, I usually just say I'm from Houston when people ask what part of Texas I'm from.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Who Me? wrote: »
    This is so silly and pointless, but it really bothers me. Drives me nuts. I know there are waaaaaaay more important things to worry about. But anyway, it's when people say they're from a city, when they're actually from a random suburb outside of the city and don't actually know the city well at all or really even visit the city more than a few times per year.

    I live in Boston. IN Boston. I grew up in the suburbs about 20 miles away. I would never say I grew up "in Boston". I didn't. But I do live in Boston. I've lived here for years now. I have so many facebook friends from the suburbs, who I literally almost never see because they never come into the city, and when they do they only go to the most obnoxious touristy downtown places. But then they post all kinds of things about how cool it is to be a "Boston Girl" or are talking about how tough "us Bostonians" are, etc. It just drives me nuts! You live out in the boonies, you don't live in Boston! You're not from Boston! You barely even ever visit Boston! You have no idea how to get around the city (by foot, car, or subway). You don't know the layout of the neighborhoods, and the different defining characteristics, other than random sayings here and there. You don't know the bars and restaurants. You're from Massachusetts. Not Boston. Why is that so hard to face up to?!

    For the record, I believe people do this regarding all major cities, and it's just as annoying. It's not a Boston thing....that's just my example because I live here.


    You've said this, in various versions, a few times over the years. I can only think...and I really don't mean to offend here...but you kinda sound like a city snob. We Kuntry Rubes couldn't possibly know The City like a real Jen-you-wine City Dweller.

    FTR, I live in suburb 40 miles west of Philadelphia, and would never say I'm "From Philly", or that I even know much about Philly, because I hardly ever go there...but I have been forced to put Philly as my location on a number of forms or sites or whatever, because dividing areas by city seems to be a popular way to sort things sometimes.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    HAH. It's funny because I DO THAT. lemme 'splain

    I'm from such a podunk town that when people ask where I'm from I don't even say it, I List the town that's more popular, beside my town and that's still SO PODUNK nobody even knows where that is, so I just be like "i kinda live close to atlanta" AND THAT'S IN A DIFFERENT STATE Than where I'm from.:evil4:

    Sometimes when I give every surrounding town and then point to a map, people still don't know and then they're just like "do you even have stoplights there"

    YES FOOL.




    Podunksity.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    NetG wrote: »
    It's funny to me, too, because one of my biggest meaningless annoyances is something you did in your post. "I have so many facebook friends from the suburbs, who I literally almost never see because they never come into the city, and when they do they only go to the most obnoxious touristy downtown places." Because CERTAINLY it couldn't be because you never go see them...

    LOL exactly. I was thinking this too.

    I'm from Atlanta. I am more specifically from Stone Mountain(been living there since I was 5) and went to college in the city and now live in the city(also went to sunday school in the city for most of my childhood). But overall I consider myself from Atlanta. Most people don't actually live in the city and the city is not very big. I don't have a problem with people living in the surrounding burbs saying they are from atlanta. Atlanta is definitely more than just downtown and the area inside the perimeter, like it or not. For people from Atlanta, I say I'm from stone mountain since they'll know what I'm talking about and I think that's on my fb too.

    Atlanta(including burbs in the meto counties) is definitely different from the rest of Georgia. Also when I was living in Stone Mountain, I just lived there, went hs there and did groceries there. All social activities were in the city. Over here everyone drives 20 mile easily one way to do anything unless you live in the city(which I do now it feels like heaven to me). And that includes visiting friends in other burbs on top of meeting up in the city.

    I do find it odd that bothers you. Maybe Boston is different, idk.
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I live about 15-20 minutes outside of the city, but I still say I'm from Pittsburgh... Nobody is going to know what I'm talking about if I say I'm from my town.

    And on top of that, even people FROM Pittsburgh have sometimes never heard of my town. So I still just have to say "Okay, uh... Have you ever heard of *nearby rich town that I could never afford to live in*? Yeah, it's across the river from there."

    So basically, I'm a poseur no matter what. :p

    "And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

    “My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    murrrcat wrote: »
    Sometimes when I give every surrounding town and then point to a map, people still don't know and then they're just like "do you even have stoplights there"

    YES FOOL.




    Podunksity.


    One of the towns in my county just got it's first red light 5 years ago, and it's a large area. Lol

    I live fairly close to a small, but popular and fairly well/widely known city, but I never say I am from there. I sometimes have to explain that I am so many miles outside of it, so people will know/be able to visualize the area I am talking about. That's fine with me. I am not city (large or small) folk, and perfectly alright with that. If anything, I am proud of being a mountain woman ;)
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    To clarify, the really bothersome part is when people BRAG about being from the city that they don't live in, don't go to, and don't really know much about. Not just if they say they're from there if someone asks where they're from (although even then I'd rather they say "The Boston area" and not just Boston). It's so pointless of a pet peeve, I know!!!


    In my defense, I see my family and friends out in the suburbs about 10 times more often than I see them in the city. Its expected of me to go there; they're not expected to actually step outside they're comfort zone to see me in the city, apparently.

    But I will admit that in many ways I'm a "city snob". I love the city. I think it's better than the 'burbs. I fully admit it. If I liked the 'burbs, I'd live there! And if the people living in the 'burbs like it there, they should stop bragging about living in the city. That's kinda the whole pet peeve right there...
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users
    Interesting. I grew up in NJ, in what might be considered a suburb of NYC, we never would have said we were from NY, though when I moved to PA, then later OH, there were people who announced they recognized my NY accent. Ah, close, and I was actually born there, but no, the accent and the address is Jersey.

    I now live in SoCal. For convenience sake, especially on the web, I will say I live in the "LA area." I'm definitely not in LA, in fact the city I live in has a population of more than 100,000, so not even a small town, but it's just easier to say LA area, because every one has heard of Los Angeles.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Who Me? wrote: »
    To clarify, the really bothersome part is when people BRAG about being from the city that they don't live in, don't go to, and don't really know much about. Not just if they say they're from there if someone asks where they're from (although even then I'd rather they say "The Boston area" and not just Boston). It's so pointless of a pet peeve, I know!!!


    In my defense, I see my family and friends out in the suburbs about 10 times more often than I see them in the city. Its expected of me to go there; they're not expected to actually step outside they're comfort zone to see me in the city, apparently.

    But I will admit that in many ways I'm a "city snob". I love the city. I think it's better than the 'burbs. I fully admit it. If I liked the 'burbs, I'd live there! And if the people living in the 'burbs like it there, they should stop bragging about living in the city. That's kinda the whole pet peeve right there...



    It's harder to visit someone in the city than vise versa...because there's no effing place to park!!!

    I would like to live in the city...but I do not want to raise children in the city. The public schools are not up to my requirements, and I cannot afford private school. When my kids are grown, I am seriously thinking of moving to the city, at least for a while.

    I don't know any suburbanites who brag, or even say, they live in the city.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    KurlyKae wrote: »
    Interesting. I grew up in NJ, in what might be considered a suburb of NYC, we never would have said we were from NY, though when I moved to PA, then later OH, there were people who announced they recognized my NY accent. Ah, close, and I was actually born there, but no, the accent and the address is Jersey.


    I'm from NJ. I'm always accused of having a NY accent. It's annoying. Because there is a difference between NY and NJ accents, but people don't take the time to know the difference. It's like saying someone has a "southern accent"...which one?
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    People do this in New York too, whereby those from Long Island and upstate in Westchester (both areas which are suburbs of NYC) claim they're from NYC. Not all people from the suburbs do this, but a fair number of them do. Never mind that they may only work in NYC or set foot here several times a year. It doesn't rate as a major pet peeve of mine, though. If they're so embarrassed or ashamed to admit that they live in the boonies and would rather claim they live in NYC, the issue's with them, not me.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    People do it because it's easier than saying whatever small town they're from. It's not personal!

    I lived in Baltimore (barely) for a year and moved outside (barely) a few months ago. I only tell locals the name of my town because the next question would be "where's that," and you end up saying "near Baltimore" anyway.

    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

    4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    Trust me, no one outside Baltimore is ashamed of where they live. And I'm saying that as someone who likes Baltimore.

    Kind of surprised at some of the comments. Regional wars!

    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

    4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • naturaldollnaturaldoll Posts: 567Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote: »
    People do it because it's easier than saying whatever small town they're from. It's not personal!

    I lived in Baltimore (barely) for a year and moved outside (barely) a few months ago. I only tell locals the name of my town because the next question would be "where's that," and you end up saying "near Baltimore" anyway.

    hell I lived in brooklyn from 9-18 and moved to catonsville last year and still rep baltimore. its just easier for me to say baltimore, anything else feels wierd.

    Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
    Last Relaxer: February 14, 2011
    BC: March 17, 2012
    Porosity: Low to Normal
    Curl Type: 4a/3c
    Texture: Coarse
    Density: Thick
    Length:shoulder
    24661416.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    :love4::afro:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,679Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I guess it's different here as there are so few cities/towns compared with other countries but If I'm around home, in South Australia somewhere, I'll say which suburb I live in, if I'm interstate/overseas I'll say I'm from Adelaide. I think that's what most people here would do, I can't imagine that when I say Adelaide people actually think I live in the one square mile that is officially the city of Adelaide.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    Starmie wrote: »
    I guess it's different here as there are so few cities/towns compared with other countries but If I'm around home, in South Australia somewhere, I'll say which suburb I live in, if I'm interstate/overseas I'll say I'm from Adelaide. I think that's what most people here would do, I can't imagine that when I say Adelaide people actually think I live in the one square mile that is officially the city of Adelaide.

    That's what I do here in the UK.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    One funny point: Facebook does encourage people to claim cities in which they don't live, simply because it won't let you identify by state or region, instead. It has to be a city. There is no way I'm posting my podunk, less-than-5,000-people, nobody's-ever-heard-of- it rural exurb 50 minutes outside Boston. Why, stalkers could find me at the general store! (If they could find the general store).

    So according to FB, I live in Boston. I don't. I also don't tell people I'm from Boston. I tell people I'm from Massachusetts. If they're from Massachusetts, I name the town and then explain where it is. I do, however, identify with Boston because I go there fairly regularly. (My stylist is there, so every 8 weeks at minimum; often more). I occasionally post a funny article about Boston (drunkest city in the USA! Whoo-eee!) On Facebook. And yeah, sometimes I feel like I don't have the right to "claim" the city. But it's hard to quantify the kinship that people can feel for certain places.

    I understand your rant and am not offended by it. Your post made me laugh. You're "owning" the rantiness, and I get your point. I do wish that FB would let me identify by state, though.

    Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I'll say Pittsburgh to anyone outside the area. No one will know my borough. Heck, lots of locals don't know it. Being 7 minutes outside the city limits, I'm not fussed about it. It does seem like a city snob thing.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    KurlyKae wrote: »
    Interesting. I grew up in NJ, in what might be considered a suburb of NYC, we never would have said we were from NY, though when I moved to PA, then later OH, there were people who announced they recognized my NY accent. Ah, close, and I was actually born there, but no, the accent and the address is Jersey.


    I'm from NJ. I'm always accused of having a NY accent. It's annoying. Because there is a difference between NY and NJ accents, but people don't take the time to know the difference. It's like saying someone has a "southern accent"...which one?

    To my ear, they sound the same. Makes sense since I've never lived in either one to learn the difference.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    KurlyKae wrote: »
    Interesting. I grew up in NJ, in what might be considered a suburb of NYC, we never would have said we were from NY, though when I moved to PA, then later OH, there were people who announced they recognized my NY accent. Ah, close, and I was actually born there, but no, the accent and the address is Jersey.


    I'm from NJ. I'm always accused of having a NY accent. It's annoying. Because there is a difference between NY and NJ accents, but people don't take the time to know the difference. It's like saying someone has a "southern accent"...which one?

    To my ear, they sound the same. Makes sense since I've never lived in either one to learn the difference.


    And there's more than one NJ accent. Just like folks in Philadelphia don't sound like folks in Pittsburgh.
  • creativelicensecreativelicense Posts: 422Registered Users
    I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and live in San Francisco now and we don't seem to have this problem. At least, (and I could be outta the loop) I've never encountered it. Growing up, I'd tell people I'm from Fremont and if they had no clue what I was talking about, I'd say I live in the SF Bay Area.

    These days people are mostly prideful of where they live, so they'll say they live in Oakland or the East Bay, San Jose or the South Bay, etc. I think because it's no more a badge of honor to say you live in San Francisco than to say you live anywhere else in the Bay. Though where you live in the Bay can be (but not always) telling of what type of person you are.

    Conversely, when it lived in Phoenix (North Phoenix to be exact) and told people that, they always ask where, assuming I lived in one of the metro area cities/suburbs.

    Typing on a giant phone - there will be funky grammar and typos.
    Curl Style: 3b/3c
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Normal

    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    RO: GVP CB
    Styling: As I Am Leave In, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets & Confident Coils, DevaCurl Set Me Up, Curl Keeper
    Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil, BioSilk RHG
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    No, most Philly folks get baffled by Pittsburghese. To me, my manager from Philly sounds like someone from the cast of Jersey Shore, though I'm sure he would disagree. I don't hear the finer nuances.

    I grew up in WV, but, as a young adult living elsewhere, most people thought that I had a Pittsburgh accent or thought that I couldn't be from WV because I didn't sound southern. To me, northern WV is different than Pittsburgh. The WV Appalachian accent is different than a Deep South accent. But, not everyone will hear it.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LadyV69 wrote: »
    People do this in New York too, whereby those from Long Island and upstate in Westchester (both areas which are suburbs of NYC) claim they're from NYC. Not all people from the suburbs do this, but a fair number of them do. Never mind that they may only work in NYC or set foot here several times a year. It doesn't rate as a major pet peeve of mine, though. If they're so embarrassed or ashamed to admit that they live in the boonies and would rather claim they live in NYC, the issue's with them, not me.

    When I moved to Ohio from Bklyn, NYC, I would run into kids from Long Island or NJ who always tried to rep like they were from NYC and expected there to be this bond btwn us.

    I can't say I was "bothered" by this, and I was glad to find other ppl from the East Coast but the reality was that we didn't necessarily have much in common culturally. I mean, we just didn't. We could be homies and all but where they were from (other than the pizza) was about as foreign to me as Ohio.

  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    Everyone does that here. The county and city lines aren't so cut and dry. Well they are, but sometimes those lines are right smack down the middle of a community. Take Greenwood for instance, if you go to the mall, you're in Greenwood. If you go to a store across the street, then you're in Indy. The businesses and homes don't slow down until several miles past that line.
  • newcurlynewcurly Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    Who Me? wrote: »
    To clarify, the really bothersome part is when people BRAG about being from the city that they don't live in, don't go to, and don't really know much about. Not just if they say they're from there if someone asks where they're from (although even then I'd rather they say "The Boston area" and not just Boston). It's so pointless of a pet peeve, I know!!!


    In my defense, I see my family and friends out in the suburbs about 10 times more often than I see them in the city. Its expected of me to go there; they're not expected to actually step outside they're comfort zone to see me in the city, apparently.

    But I will admit that in many ways I'm a "city snob". I love the city. I think it's better than the 'burbs. I fully admit it. If I liked the 'burbs, I'd live there! And if the people living in the 'burbs like it there, they should stop bragging about living in the city. That's kinda the whole pet peeve right there...

    I grew up in one of the suburbs you crap all over. If you ask me where I'm from and I know you aren't from Eastern MA, I'll tell you I grew up near Boston simply because the other option is to name the small city and then have to clarify it's location in my next sentence. Being "from Boston" explains my love for the Red Sox, my heritage (Irish Catholic), my sense of style/fashion, and my driving (no comment). Believe it or not, the culture of Boston really does extend beyond Boston proper.
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users


    I'm from NJ. I'm always accused of having a NY accent. It's annoying. Because there is a difference between NY and NJ accents, but people don't take the time to know the difference. It's like saying someone has a "southern accent"...which one?

    To my ear, they sound the same. Makes sense since I've never lived in either one to learn the difference.


    And there's more than one NJ accent. Just like folks in Philadelphia don't sound like folks in Pittsburgh.

    RCW beat me to it. I'd expect that if we could hear each other speak, we'd do a pretty good job narrowing down just where the other grew up.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    newcurly wrote: »
    Who Me? wrote: »
    To clarify, the really bothersome part is when people BRAG about being from the city that they don't live in, don't go to, and don't really know much about. Not just if they say they're from there if someone asks where they're from (although even then I'd rather they say "The Boston area" and not just Boston). It's so pointless of a pet peeve, I know!!!


    In my defense, I see my family and friends out in the suburbs about 10 times more often than I see them in the city. Its expected of me to go there; they're not expected to actually step outside they're comfort zone to see me in the city, apparently.

    But I will admit that in many ways I'm a "city snob". I love the city. I think it's better than the 'burbs. I fully admit it. If I liked the 'burbs, I'd live there! And if the people living in the 'burbs like it there, they should stop bragging about living in the city. That's kinda the whole pet peeve right there...

    I grew up in one of the suburbs you crap all over. If you ask me where I'm from and I know you aren't from Eastern MA, I'll tell you I grew up near Boston simply because the other option is to name the small city and then have to clarify it's location in my next sentence. Being "from Boston" explains my love for the Red Sox, my heritage (Irish Catholic), my sense of style/fashion, and my driving (no comment). Believe it or not, the culture of Boston really does extend beyond Boston proper.

    I also grew up in one of those suburbs. And I've lived in the city for 10 years now. The driving is different. The style/fashion is different. I'm not saying better, I'm saying different. That's all.

    I, personally, found living in the suburbs to be a terrible fit for me. I'm not crapping all over them. It just (irrationally) annoys me when people go on and in about being "Boston driver" when they spend 99% of their time on suburban roads and don't know Southie from the South End, and have never seem a moving truck stuck on Storrow Drive. Not that this describes you. But it does describe a lot if people. People I grew up with, or friends of family, or family, that often post on Facebook.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
«13