Do You Have keep a Hair Journal

CurlyteeCurlytee Registered Users Posts: 273 Curl Neophyte
I have been Journaling my hair since I started. Im able to look back on how far I've come; not just length but overall health. My Journal is in my signature on the bottom and most recent is my Avatar.

Are you keeping a Journal ( not in books) just taking shots in various stages?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• rmc2rmc2 Registered Users Posts: 349
    I have a Word document where I keep track of the various products and mostly my homemade gel recipes which I like to tweak and document with grades lol (a+ to f) in terms of ie curl definition and softness (I hate crunch). So it kind of is like a diary.
  • Curly007Curly007 Registered Users Posts: 8
    This is a great idea. I may start a journal and start organizing my stuff.
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Registered Users Posts: 312 Curl Connoisseur
    I used to have a physical hair journal with printed articles I liked, a length chart to write dates on, calendar pages that I scribbled on, and printouts of my regimen if it changed.

I have since entered the current times and use Microsoft One Note. My hair journal has its own "notebook" divided into length chart, 2012, and 2013. The "pages" under each of these sections are calendars on which I type little notes.

If I want to say more, I have subpages under each month that I link from the calendar. It sounds like a lot but it is a way for me to track what I've been doing to my hair if something like breakage comes up.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • CurlyteeCurlytee Registered Users Posts: 273 Curl Neophyte
    I used to have a physical hair journal with printed articles I liked, a length chart to write dates on, calendar pages that I scribbled on, and printouts of my regimen if it changed.

I have since entered the current times and use Microsoft One Note. My hair journal has its own "notebook" divided into length chart, 2012, and 2013. The "pages" under each of these sections are calendars on which I type little notes.

If I want to say more, I have subpages under each month that I link from the calendar. It sounds like a lot but it is a way for me to track what I've been doing to my hair if something like breakage comes up.

Seems as if you have a really detailed Journal. That is really cool. I keep all of my pictures on all my computers. When I'm asked about my hair women don't believe I started bald, had locks, had long hair etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DsotomayorDsotomayor Registered Users Posts: 173
    I like this journal idea...i might try it. Im going to see if there is some sort of journal App. on my phone.
  • Nikki3bNikki3b Registered Users Posts: 327
    I've just decided this week to start a hair journal. I have so many products and I plan on making cocktails like crazy lol. I just have a hard time remembering what works and what doesn't in what type of weather and blah blah blah. Lol. I'm also including pictures
  • applesandafrosapplesandafros Registered Users Posts: 328
    I started about a year ago. I write down products and styles and techniques I tried and how I liked them. It helps me remember so I can look back in the future.
    Almost MBL Coils
    spongy, low porosity, dense awesomeness

Shampoo: Curly Kinks Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Out/Detangler Conditioner: Aussie Moist, V05 Strawberries and Cream, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave in Conditioner: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Giovanni Direct Leave in
    Styler: Eco Styler Krystal and Blue, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Gel and Flax seed gel
    Sealer: Grape seed oil
    Deep Conditioner: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    Protein Treatment: Karishma and Jamilla Henna
  • ricotdorothyricotdorothy Registered Users Posts: 436
    I really should. I am going to start a journal :D.
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL
    ~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WL [/FONT]

You never stop learning... :color:
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    Nikki3b wrote: »
    I've just decided this week to start a hair journal. I have so many products and I plan on making cocktails like crazy lol. I just have a hard time remembering what works and what doesn't in what type of weather and blah blah blah. Lol. I'm also including pictures
    @bolded ...
    a journal would really help you :)

there's no way i could remember all my hair details if i didn't have something to refer back to.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I downloaded a journal App. for my android phone.it's called "memories" and you can add a photo with your journal entry every day.pretty cool and useful for keeping track of your products/technique every day.
  • CurlyteeCurlytee Registered Users Posts: 273 Curl Neophyte
    Good Morning All, my Journal doesn't consist of many words, I take plenty of pictures and use an app on my IPhone to create a collage. These collages speak volumes. I have attached one of them to this posting and and there is one in my signature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Registered Users Posts: 791 Curl Neophyte
    I have a hair blog. Does that count as a journal? :)
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • FronomenalFronomenal Registered Users Posts: 712 Curl Neophyte
    I have a MS Word document with my hair care regimen, styling techniques and products. It reminds me what works and what doesn't.

Alice_42 wrote: »
    I would love to check it out!
  • fefe912fefe912 Registered Users Posts: 570
    Something like that, I just take like a million pics and they're organized in monthly albums lol I like to look back at them though when I'm thinking that my hair hasn't grown.
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Registered Users Posts: 791 Curl Neophyte
    Dsotomayor wrote: »
    Alice_42 wrote: »
    I would love to check it out!

Yay! You can read it here ^_^
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Curl Neophyte
    Yep. http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com

I'm not as active as I use to be, but it's supposed to be product reviews and updates on my hair. I plan to be more active, but honestly I rarely try new products and my hair life is, if I must say, BORING!!! LoL!

I will add more content though. I have products I haven't reviewed yet. They aren't all hair though. ☺

💮

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4s using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    there is a hair journal app for iphone
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amazing_JaiAmazing_Jai Registered Users Posts: 36
    I currently have 2 journals; my tumblr and the one on my android phone. I'm also working on a third on blogger so I'll be revamping my tumblr hopefully soon to include pics and small text.

8-)Hey, I tweet about my hair journey too along with other things

:tongue7:Oh, and my tumblr

New on my healthy hair journey and developing my regimen. Exploring my inner product junkie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file