I'm new and clueless but happy to be here! lol

Hello!
A friend of mine turned me onto this site...so here I am, her hair is turning curlier by the day and it has me curious.

I can't tell what my hair type is though...I thought it was just the first type, wavy...but honestly my hair is very thick, tends to be wavy underneath but straight on top. I usually air dry it...but I do strigihten it with a curling iron but its difficult to do (has to be incredibly hot)

So...what does that mean? lol
TIA for your help :)
Christie
mom to 8
personal trainer
fitness/health fanatic!

Comments

• Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome! :)

Many of us, including myself, have less curl on top. It's simply because your hair is weighed down. I'm 3A. When I had short hair (8 years ago) it was completely 100% curly, but when I grew it out, the top became less curly.

Btw, curling irons are very damaging and drying to your hair. If you do it too often you may get permanent damage and less curl.
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome to NaturallyCurly.com and CurlTalk! Glad to have you :)

We're working on a quiz to help people figure out their curl pattern if they'd like that information >> NaturallyCurly · HairTypes you can also find it on the homepage on the top left by the sliding image...slider. lol

This is just the beginning of a more comprehensive quiz, because our hair type is a lot more complex and unique than curl patterns. Learn more about porosity (how your hair holds onto moisture), length, density, and width here >> Curly Hair Tips, Styles & Products - NaturallyCurly

And like Aqua_Lily said, heat styling tools can permanently damage your hair over time! Use them with caution.
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file