We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Vacation hair tips??

Bri22Bri22 Posts: 8Registered Users
So im leaving for Mexico on friday and unsure what I'm going to do about my hair. Im sure the humidity will win most days and I'll end up wearing my hair up. My question is about washing. Right now, I was every 2 to 3 days and use a mild, sulfate free shampoo. Should I wash more often in Mexico since I'll be spending pretty much everyday in the pool and/ or the ocean? Or should I just apply leave in conditioner every time I get my hair wet? Any help would be great... Thanks!!

Comments

• jmartinezjmartinez Posts: 126Registered Users
    I brought kinky curly to Mexico when i went to visit my family. I didnt swim but you should rinse the salt water out after swimming.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
  • Bri22Bri22 Posts: 8Registered Users
    So would you recommend using shampoo and conditioner and everything or just rinsing under the shower?
  • jmartinezjmartinez Posts: 126Registered Users
    I would rinse out with water amd put on some conditioner for extra protection and softness.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
  • forevercurly96forevercurly96 Posts: 44Registered Users
    I would co-wash my hair everytime I come out of the water. Your hair probably wont need any shampooing because thats doubly harsh(sulfates and chlorine/seawater). Also use your leave in conditioner before you go in the water after you co-wash or whenever you feel you need it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file