Lush handmade products

Carriejo327Carriejo327 Posts: 11Registered Users
I just ordered solid shampoo and conditioner and was wondering if anybody has used them.I want soft and shine back to my hair,please anybody help I need hair advice on long and 3c dry hair thanks.😯

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    With the Lush products, you have to be careful about ingredients. Many of their shampoo bars contain SLS--very drying.

The best way to choose products/ingredients is by hair properties and not curl type. Here's a link to help you with yours Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics Once you determine your properties, you can look for others with hair like yours and see what they use (in signatures.) It's the best place to start.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome!

I agree with kathymack, I would not use SLS, especially not on long, dry hair. SLS will dry it out even more. Are you familiar with the CG method? Maybe you could try conditioner-washing or a low-poo instead of a shampoo. A low-poo is a mild shampoo. It lathers less (the drying ingredients in shampoos are generally the ingredients that cause lather) but it's so much better for you hair. Your hair will be nourished and cleansed gently instead of stripped dry. I usually use this low-poo: Nature's Gate, Replenishing Shampoo, Chamomile, 18 fl oz (532 ml) - iHerb.com
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • Carriejo327Carriejo327 Posts: 11Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    With the Lush products, you have to be careful about ingredients. Many of their shampoo bars contain SLS--very drying.

The best way to choose products/ingredients is by hair properties and not curl type. Here's a link to help you with yours Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics Once you determine your properties, you can look for others with hair like yours and see what they use (in signatures.) It's the best place to start.

Thanks for the advice.

Bookmarked the page very good advice now I know a lot more about my hair type and products to use on them for soft and healthy hair. Thank you very much.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file