CurlTalk

dry skin on neck related to no 'pooing?

just recently, i've gotten this irritating patch of dry, flaky skin on the back of my neck. i asked my mom and she didn't know where it was from and i used to have it as a baby. then, she said it was from not shampooing :roll: i think she just said that to get me to shampoo again. but, could my hair routine/products be connected to the dry skin?
formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.

Comments

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    If you had it from a baby before I doubt anything you're doing now is the cause of it unless you have an ingredient or food allergy that's acting up.
    Maybe it's just the dry weather
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    have you changed anything else? New lotion or something?

I don't see how NOT shampooing could do that. Maybe an allergic reaction to a conditioner that you leave in your hair or a styling product???

I've used face lotions on my neck that have caused an itchy, dry patch. I guess whatever was in the lotion irritated my skin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • JolieCurlsJolieCurls Posts: 92Registered Users
    It could be tinea versicolor...basically its a harmless fungus that, as I understand it, is on everyone's body, some more than others... people tend to notice it more in summer I think - white spots, especially right after tanning. I have been getting it this winter on my arms and shoulders...Do a google search of images, and see if that's what it looks like..HTH!
    :bunny:2b/3a/3b botticelli curls, medium fine, medium coarse

Photos: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fotki.com%2Fjoliecurls" class="Popup