How long before I can do a DT?

SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
Ok so I just colored my hair and I want to do a DT. I need to do a protein and a moisturizing one. How long after coloring should I do a DT?
Thanks!
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have

Comments

  • LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
    I would wait 10 days before applying any heat or protein DT. However, you can use a moisturizing one in the meantime with no heat. I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink] or One C with olive oil. This was recommended by my stylist at Devachan.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

    event.png
  • LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
    oops! DP
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

    event.png
  • SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    Ladydncing, Thank you so much for your reply. I am taking your advice and I am off to go do a moisturizing DT right now!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

    It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
    SmallFry wrote:
    Ladydncing, Thank you so much for your reply. I am taking your advice and I am off to go do a moisturizing DT right now!

    Super! Have fun!
    SmallFry, everytime I see your avatar, I smile. Your furbaby is so adorable!!
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

    event.png
  • icequeenicequeen Registered Users Posts: 590
    Ladydncing wrote:
    I would wait 10 days before applying any heat or protein DT. However, you can use a moisturizing one in the meantime with no heat. I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink] or One C with olive oil. This was recommended by my stylist at Devachan.

    How much olive oil do you use? I've been DT'ing with OneC lately and have been pretty happy with the results. Any trouble removing the olive oil afterward? Do you NoPoo after?
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:
    Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
    Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
    Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
    Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

    Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
  • LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
    icequeen wrote:
    Ladydncing wrote:
    I would wait 10 days before applying any heat or protein DT. However, you can use a moisturizing one in the meantime with no heat. I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink] or One C with olive oil. This was recommended by my stylist at Devachan.

    How much olive oil do you use? I've been DT'ing with OneC lately and have been pretty happy with the results. Any trouble removing the olive oil afterward? Do you NoPoo after?

    I mix about a teaspoon with about 2-3 tbsp of OC. Yes, I use a very generoous amount of No Poo afterwards and leave it in for about 5 minutes while I finish up in the shower. HTH
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

    event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file