CurlTalk

Lipstick!!!

TaylzMitchTaylzMitch Posts: 11Registered Users
What's your fav color(s) and Brand?!

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    right now i'm rocking "rebel" by mac with a currant or vino liner...hotness! in general i love mac lipsticks, lots of colors and formulas to meet my needs.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I started making my own lipsticks because the commercial ones always dried my lips out. But I really like the colour of MUFE Artist Rouge Natural #7 for a nude on darker skintones like mine, so I'm trying to dupe that :D

I like wines, plums and red-browns.
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    I've gone a little lipstick crazy since Christmas, which is funny considering it's my least favorite make up. I don't wear it 80% of the time, but when I do I am picking between

*All Estee Lauder Pure Color (vivid shine or sensuous rouge)

Pink Berry
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1359051798.026221.jpg

Violet Electra
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1359051827.131461.jpg

Scarlet Siren
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1359051846.685514.jpg

Cheating Heart
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1359051863.301029.jpg

Plum Couture (LOVE)
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1359052120.669025.jpg

I have lip liners that work with each.

I can justify this lipstick craze, though. I needed new colors. Most of what I had was older and worn out.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    coilynapp wrote: »
    I started making my own lipsticks because the commercial ones always dried my lips out. But I really like the colour of MUFE Artist Rouge Natural #7 for a nude on darker skintones like mine, so I'm trying to dupe that :D

I love plums too. I was so excited about the plum couture. It got me into lipstick again. Clinique had a similar color years ago and it was the only lipstick I went through two bullets, and tube of gloss with. I adored it.

I have good luck with estee launder. I'm prone to reactions as well.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fifi.G wrote: »

I love plums too. I was so excited about the plum couture. It got me into lipstick again. Clinique had a similar color years ago and it was the only lipstick I went through two bullets, and tube of gloss with. I adored it.

In a lot of formulations, there's castor oil. Too much castor oil can dry out skin in some cases.
    Fifi.G wrote: »

In a lot of formulations, there's castor oil. Too much castor oil can dry out skin in some cases.

I have to watch out for break outs or burning on contact and drying out. I can't do Cover Girl, Revlon, etc. lip sticks. When Clinique changed their formulation I could no longer use theirs. It's a pain.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    anyone can tell you MAC'S LIMITED EDITION SPITFIRE is my favorite.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Flaurasjeel%2F5494323040%2F" class="Popup

my friend threw it away on accident. It's like 50 dollars on ebay now.

BUT I GOT another one as a surprise...:thumbright:

Also Mac's Cyndi Lauper viva glam lipstick:

mac-cyndi-lauper-lady-gaga-viva-glam-L-2.jpeg

Mac's the best.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    i have the cyndi lauper viva glam. it's a great versatile color depending on the liner and gloss you pair it with.

right now i'm using mac's creamsheen glass in "over indulgence" with a mahogany or chestnut liner as my neutral/nude lip. looks great on my skin tone.
    Murrrcat, I see why you love spitfire. The color is beautiful, and the tube rocks. I would love to test MAC's lipsticks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    i have the cyndi lauper viva glam. it's a great versatile color depending on the liner and gloss you pair it with.

right now i'm using mac's creamsheen glass in "over indulgence" with a mahogany or chestnut liner as my neutral/nude lip. looks great on my skin tone.
    I just looked at "over indulgence" online and it is so nice!
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Thanks a lot guys, now I want to go to the mall after work get over indulgence, the cyndi lauper lipstick and look at rebel. I actually have 3 shades of lipstick from mac that are similar to rebel, but rebel looks a tad nicer.
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 265Registered Users
    A long time ago I loved a color called Mulled Wine. I don't remember the brand and it has been discontinued. My current favorites are Classy by elf and Raspberry Pie from Revlon's ColorBurst Lip Butter line.
    Kayla
    Youtube - Blog
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, Low Porosity/MBL
  • redlipstickredlipstick Posts: 213Registered Users
    Josephine wrote: »
    Thanks a lot guys, now I want to go to the mall after work get over indulgence, the cyndi lauper lipstick and look at rebel. I actually have 3 shades of lipstick from mac that are similar to rebel, but rebel looks a tad nicer.
    Random: a good dupe for MAC Rebel is Wet n Wild #908 (I think that's the number - but the name is Sugar Plum Fairy). It looks no different on my lips and wears nicely, with the same finish. Sugar Plum Fairy is one of the MegaLast lipsticks which are supposedly matte, but I find they really have a satin finish.

Oh, and to the OP: my fave ever was MAC Glam l/s discontinued in 2007, but since then I have tried every one of their matte lipsticks trying to recreate the magic of those years ago. I am a sucker for red, preferrably matte, fuschia and purple/violet lipsticks. I am in LOVE with NYX Hebe (round tube collection) at the moment.
    Team Wash and Go!
  • Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Posts: 476Registered Users
    Loving NARS matte lip pencil in "Cruella". Goes on smoothly, doesn't dry my lips out and I get TONS of compliments.
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1359078646.527528.jpg

(Not my lips unfortunately).
    3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
    CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
    Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
    LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Posts: 791Registered Users
    MAC's Girl About Town and Wet n Wild's Cherry Bomb. I LOVE purple!
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
    here's me in rebel a few days ago. luv it!!

and over indulgence is really nice. it's in my makeup bag in my purse. it can go so many different ways.
  • LoveInBetweenLoveInBetween Posts: 392Registered Users
    My favorite right now is Mac's Syrup. It's a mauve-y, but I use it as a nude. My lips are already pigmented.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    Curl Routine
    Co: As I am Coconut CoWash,VO5 Claifying Conditioner
    DC: Macadamia Repair Masque
    LI: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Style Creme: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Gel: KCCC, Eco Styler Argan Oil
    Sealer: EVCO, EVOO

3b/3c, High Desity, High Porosity, Medium Texture, BSL
    ""Live by the sun, love by the moon"

• DsotomayorDsotomayor Posts: 173Registered Users
    Mac is my favorite brand and right now I've been wearing Mac lickable. It's a hot pink and I love how it looks on me. I also love Mac red.
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    Mac ruby woo

Sent from my MB612 using CurlTalk App
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

Random: a good dupe for MAC Rebel is Wet n Wild #908 (I think that's the number - but the name is Sugar Plum Fairy). It looks no different on my lips and wears nicely, with the same finish. Sugar Plum Fairy is one of the MegaLast lipsticks which are supposedly matte, but I find they really have a satin finish.

Oh, and to the OP: my fave ever was MAC Glam l/s discontinued in 2007, but since then I have tried every one of their matte lipsticks trying to recreate the magic of those years ago. I am a sucker for red, preferrably matte, fuschia and purple/violet lipsticks. I am in LOVE with NYX Hebe (round tube collection) at the moment.

Thanks, but MAC is way better than wet n wild for me. I used to wear wet n wild. So far the best lipstick brand for me overall is MAC but I haven't tried that many competing lines.

Most drugstore brands, ulta, victoria secrets and clinique dont even come close.
    ^^^ i sort of agree. other colors go on and may look similar in color but where mac stands out is that it doesn't turn and it lasts!! other colors turn shades, dry out, etc. i tried a makeup geek lipstick that was pretty and on sale. after a few hours the color just didn't hold up. the makeup geek shadow is good and on par with mac shadow but i won't buy any more lipsticks from them, oh and it must be soft because it was melting on me and eventually broke. i tossed it. i can't worry about trying to keep up with a broken lipstick in my purse.
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    ^^^ i sort of agree. other colors go on and may look similar in color but where mac stands out is that it doesn't turn and it lasts!! other colors turn shades, dry out, etc. i tried a makeup geek lipstick that was pretty and on sale. after a few hours the color just didn't hold up. the makeup geek shadow is good and on par with mac shadow but i won't buy any more lipsticks from them, oh and it must be soft because it was melting on me and eventually broke. i tossed it. i can't worry about trying to keep up with a broken lipstick in my purse.

Yea I tried a loreal eyeliner that was 7 bucks or so and it looked just like macs smolder but it only lasted a couple hours or so and then it pretty much disappeared! You usually get what you pay for.

I've also used other nicer brands of my moms(lancome, este lauder, etc) and they were okay. But the first time I used MAC i was amazed! It's also mostly because they are pigmented more and show up on darker lips better.
    Okay so I didnt go to the mall yesterday - there were a couple lipsticks that were mentioned that i have (all MAC)

Lickable - it's too bright for me, i usually use cork to make it darker

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREWSU9GNEXqmwJLUZZ4Qlwj7CsLgyb3fnRDVVATWtdj7sOQZJs7Q

Girl about town - I started being bold enough to wear this..may wear it tonite, i'm a wuss and wear light pinkish/nude lipgloss/stick in general -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReeDTaE-tUEjPb4Z963qb_ja56TgK71hDbGMYA0-nxYfvOxdM-

Me in girl about town, no lipliner -

photo_zpsfb32acea.jpg

I found another similar mac lipstick in an old purse last week but I dont know the name of it..could it be rebel?

Here's rebel - the one i'm contemplating on for no good reason -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_e5IdqS737AawEVilPA163borYC3eKr-we_m6MU08KgDcHT4

I used to wear this in college and I think they still have this color for those that like the plums but i'm not into such dark colors anymore -

Desire, they had it in lipglass too -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8AHxD-eZS_0TT7en6D_zvEZru5nzryrnmjNJlBKjxeaocGHWI
    Okay so I didnt go to the mall yesterday - there were a couple lipsticks that were mentioned that i have (all MAC)

Girl about town - I started being bold enough to wear this..may wear it tonite, i'm a wuss and wear light pinkish/nude lipgloss/stick in general -

photo_zpsfb32acea.jpg

I found another similar mac lipstick in an old purse last week but I dont know the name of it..could it be rebel?

I used to wear this in college and I think they still have this color for those that like the plums but i'm not into such dark colors anymore -

I'm going to the mall later. I know I will not be able to avoid the MAC store...

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • LoveInBetweenLoveInBetween Posts: 392Registered Users

photo_zpsfb32acea.jpg

I'm going to the mall later. I know I will not be able to avoid the MAC store...

Girl, have you tried their skin finishes? I don't even wear foundation anymore!

Curl Routine
    Co: As I am Coconut CoWash,VO5 Claifying Conditioner
    DC: Macadamia Repair Masque
    LI: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Style Creme: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Gel: KCCC, Eco Styler Argan Oil
    Sealer: EVCO, EVOO

3b/3c, High Desity, High Porosity, Medium Texture, BSL
    ""Live by the sun, love by the moon"

• redlipstickredlipstick Posts: 213Registered Users

Thanks, but MAC is way better than wet n wild for me. I used to wear wet n wild. So far the best lipstick brand for me overall is MAC but I haven't tried that many competing lines.

Most drugstore brands, ulta, victoria secrets and clinique dont even come close.
    I agree; I was just offering options because it seems so many people dislike MAC for some reason.
    Team Wash and Go!
  • TaylzMitchTaylzMitch Posts: 11Registered Users
    Does anyone know where i can get a dark purple?!
  • DsotomayorDsotomayor Posts: 173Registered Users
    TaylzMitch wrote: »
    here are a few of them!Mufe #15 lipstick is also a great one not listed on this site. Mac smoked purple is another one.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.squidoo.com%2Fdark-purple-lipstick%23module161129970" class="Popup

photo_zpsfb32acea.jpg

Girl, have you tried their skin finishes? I don't even wear foundation anymore!

No I have not. Uhoh...don't start with me. I just found my HG foundation...I cannot.

...off to check them out...sigh
  • TaylzMitchTaylzMitch Posts: 11Registered Users
    Dsotomayor wrote: »
    TaylzMitch wrote: »
    here are a few of them!Mufe #15 lipstick is also a great one not listed on this site. Mac smoked purple is another one.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.squidoo.com%2Fdark-purple-lipstick%23module161129970" class="Popup

Thanks it helped alot