CurlTalk

It's so cold...

theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
It's so cold here in DC that the politicians have their hands in their own pockets!

Comments

• NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    It's all of three here.

For those of you who deal with this cold regularly, do kids stand at the bus stop? They are cautioning on the news about the kids bundling up and how quickly frostbite can set in. I don't know how you folks in Canada/Alaska do it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    curlysue21 wrote: »
    It's all of three here.

For those of you who deal with this cold regularly, do kids stand at the bus stop? They are cautioning on the news about the kids bundling up and how quickly frostbite can set in. I don't know how you folks in Canada/Alaska do it!

they unlucky ones stand at the bus stop. i stood at the busstop. but when i did it was never this cold. i feel for the little ones out there.
    It's all of three here.

Haha. 3!! Ummm, we stand at the bus stop at -20 ALL the time. I always did as a kid. Although, as a WEE little one, its too much... Well, here anyways. Not at 3 degrees.
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Narnia wrote: »
    Today is -38.

with the wind chill?

for anyone doing the math... that's -36F!

brrrr.gif
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    rouquinne wrote: »
    Today is -38.

with the wind chill?

brrrr.gif

Ain't nobody got time for that!
    thelio wrote: »
    rouquinne wrote: »
    Today is -38.

with the wind chill?

brrrr.gif

Ain't nobody got time for that!

LOL. That or bronchitis ;)
    Yes with the windchill. -28 without wind. It's been -41 the last week and a half. Reallllly cold!
    60KM/H winds too and blowing snow. AWESOME. Ha.
    It's all of three here.

Haha. 3!! Ummm, we stand at the bus stop at -20 ALL the time. I always did as a kid. Although, as a WEE little one, its too much... Well, here anyways. Not at 3 degrees.

I just can't help but think of all the dumb teenagers I saw yesterday with only a sweatshirt on! It was just as cold yesterday morning.

I have fun memories of girls who came to the bus stop with wet hair and having it freeze! :laughing6:

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• JrjrrJrjrr Posts: 23Registered Users
    Lmao at the girls with frozen hair. No spray or gel needed honey, gives a perfect hold. :D
    I saw a girl wearing only leggings and a sweater dress. i have seen several girl looking real cute with their mini dresses/skirts, stylish jackets, and cute shoes that offer no warmth. They look reeeal cute, but effen hilarious shivering and trying to stay warm by blowing in their gloveless hands.

th?id=H.4917416281769295&pid=1.7&w=155&h=140&c=7&rs=1
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    My sister texted me this morning that it was snowing. We booked tix to visit her in DC mid-Feb and I'm hoping for snow :)

It's 71 and sunny here today.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
    goldy wrote: »

You are not welcomed here!!!
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users

You are not welcomed here!!!

Thank you! GET OUT!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    My sister texted me this morning that it was snowing. We booked tix to visit her in DC mid-Feb and I'm hoping for snow :)

Goldy, it's 69 and sunny here. Coincidentally, my sis lives in Alexandria and sent a pic of snow to me this morning.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    You all are welcome to visit ;)

It was 40 when I got out of bed today.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • rileybrileyb Posts: 1,975Registered Users
    It's warmed up to 20F this afternoon... it was 7F when I left for work this morning. Really made waiting for the train fun.
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    It is so cold that I was on my way to harass my old teacher who STILL hasn't changed my grade (even though she told me she did. LIAR) but I couldn't feel my hands or nose, so I called it quits. BUT I WILL BE BACK...with gloves and a scarf.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    Lookit here!! All you folks with sunshiney weather adn wonderful 40 degree temperatures, LEAVE THIS PLACE!! You know not our pain!! You can not relate to us!

h8F5D8674

Ditto!!

co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)

event.png
    Lookit here!! All you folks with sunshiney weather adn wonderful 40 degree temperatures, LEAVE THIS PLACE!! You know not our pain!! You can not relate to us!

h8F5D8674

I have experienced it. I have had to travel to both Utah and Toronto in winter, but I am sure I glad I don't live in either place in the winter time. BRRRRR!!!!

event.png
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    I don't remember being cold for most of my teenage years. I think the goofy must have kept me warm. When I was even younger, we all wore snowsuits!

I sure feel it now, though, as do the dogs. The thing about my foster girl is that she's built like a fire hydrant, so picking her up when her paws freeze is like deadweight. I've had to resort to just pulling out snow, rubbing them, and then trying to breathe warm air on the pads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I don't understand -36 degree weather. Stupid question, but is it even safe to be out for long periods of time(such as waiting for a bus) in that weather?
    Can't you die from that weather?
  • curly66curly66 Posts: 161Registered Users
    juanab wrote: »

Ditto!!

Me three!

And I used to live in NYC for most of my life and I.dont.miss.the.freezing.cold.
    Curl Type: 3B/C thick shoulder length brunette
    Favorite Products: Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Biotera Styling Gel found @ Sally's, Trader Joe's Nourish, Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Josephine wrote: »
    I don't understand -36 degree weather. Stupid question, but is it even safe to be out for long periods of time(such as waiting for a bus) in that weather?

I guess it's not stupid if you haven't experienced it. But no... We still go to school and work and shopping and etc etc etc.
    We just bundle up!
    That's why I laugh when I hear people complain about 7, 10, -2 etc.
    I mean I get that for THOSE people it's cold, but around here we'd be in a light jacket. If it goes to -2 we don't even zip our coats up LOL. In winter months anyways. It gets to +30 etc in the summer here (What is that, 95ish degrees F?) But yea, our winters are cold!
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users
    I mentioned it in the Say It thread, but I didn't have heat at the beginning of this cold, cold week. Worst timing ever. It was miserable.

I will never take indoor heating for granted again.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users

I guess it's not stupid if you haven't experienced it. But no... We still go to school and work and shopping and etc etc etc.
    We just bundle up!
    I mean I get that for THOSE people it's cold, but around here we'd be in a light jacket. If it goes to -2 we don't even zip our coats up LOL. In winter months anyways. It gets to +30 etc in the summer here (What is that, 95ish degrees F?) But yea, our winters are cold!

LOL yea. I've been wearing a sweater and heavy puffy jacket and thick scarf around my neck and ears for the 30s and winds. Just for a 4 block walk from my office to car. There are lots of tall buildings so no sun.

The other day I felt so bad i contemplated wearing hose next time under my jeans. I've never done that in Atlanta. I remember the only time I did that was in dc and in nyc. The lowest I have ever been in is about 2 degree weather. I can't imagine -20s. I really can't. The thought of it is making me nervous.

It really irks me when northerners down here try to tell ME it's not cold when it's in the 40s and I shouldn't feel that cold. It may not be cold to you but it's still cold for the south, which is where you are!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

We just bundle up!

We went up to +5 last week and I opened all the windows to let some fresh air in :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    it's so cold outside that there are very few people on the streets.

this is a good thing when you get off the bus from your shopping trip and you have to walk 4 blocks to your house and Gladys Knight comes on your iPod.

then you can sing along at the top of your lungs, pretending you're on the stage in Vegas and no one looks at you like you're insane!

:D

idol2-smiley.gif?1292867624
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

We just bundle up!

We went up to +5 last week and I opened all the windows to let some fresh air in :lol:

You crazy Canadians! ;)

I guess everyone has their own interpretation of what standard weather is. I must say though I much rather deal with cold then sweltering in the summer. No bueno. I am a miserable slug when it is hot and humid.

CS, +5 in Canada is +41 in the US!

:D
    My blog: