CurlTalk

Celebrity Chef for Dinner

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,773Registered Users Curl Dabbler
If you could have any celebrity chef cook dinner for you, who would it be??

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1358991908.073078.jpg

Michael Symon hands down!
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn
«1

Comments

  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    MarioBatali!
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    For some reason I found both of those men sexy.....
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    Fabio from Top Chef seems fun and I love Italian food :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Iron Chef Morimoto.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Morimoto would be amazing. He's just a genius.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    Another one for Morimoto. AND Fabio because I think he would be a blast and he seems to be as big a flirt as I am.
    From Michael Berg:

    Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • InissantAngelInissantAngel Posts: 173Registered Users
    Curtis Stone
    Anyone who lives within their means, suffers from a lack of imagination. ~Oscar Wilde

    There are only two ways to do things: right or over.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    The Neelys
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    The Neely's are so fun to watch.
    From Michael Berg:

    Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    I don't really know. I'm torn! I'd like to have a few of them come and fix one or two things each.

    Giada can make cocktails and bruschetta, etc
    The Neely's can make some BBQ
    Bobby Flay can make himself useful and grill some vegetables, and if Alton Brown will shut up and cook he can make breads and dessert. I trust him.

    *on a side note, when it comes to southern dishes, Alton reminds me more of the way my family cooks than Paula.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rileybrileyb Posts: 1,975Registered Users
    Geoffrey Zakarian or Gordon Ramsay
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • cmb4314cmb4314 Posts: 984Registered Users
    Eric Ripert is the first that comes to mind.

    Damned if I can afford to eat at Le Bernardin, but I'd love to eat his food.

    When someone mentions "Celebrity" chefs to me, I instantly gravitate towards the Food and Wine/Top Chef side of things, more so than the Food Network.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    rileyb wrote: »
    Geoffrey Zakarian or Gordon Ramsay


    Oooh. Two other good choices! Geoffrey would execute whatever he made perfectly - it would be interesting to taste perfection! :)



    Actually, I forgot. As unappealing as his presentations get, I really love the way Jamie Oliver cooks. So... yeah, there are too many chefs whose food I would love to taste, basically!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    Do they have to be alive? He we bring them back from the dead with some voodoo magic? if so Julia Childs.

    If not, Jamie Oliver. I use to have the biggest crush on him.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    thelio wrote: »
    If not, Jamie Oliver. I use to have the biggest crush on him.

    Funny. Without knowing gender, age, etc., I had a huge crush on his gardener. :) He had that short-lived FN show where he'd go out and pick all the produce for his meal. I wanted his garden!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    NetG wrote: »
    thelio wrote: »
    If not, Jamie Oliver. I use to have the biggest crush on him.

    Funny. Without knowing gender, age, etc., I had a huge crush on his gardener. :) He had that short-lived FN show where he'd go out and pick all the produce for his meal. I wanted his garden!

    i remember the show but cant remember the gardener.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    O
    cmb4314 wrote: »
    When someone mentions "Celebrity" chefs to me, I instantly gravitate towards the Food and Wine/Top Chef side of things, more so than the Food Network.

    I have never heard of him. The moment someone claims to be a food or wine expert I walk away. lol. That probably has everything to do with me living in a location where you have to drive an hour or more to something more interesting than Bogarts, and many ingredients mentioned are still not available here.

    That and it's all a matter of taste :)

    *My phone is crazy today.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    O
    cmb4314 wrote: »
    When someone mentions "Celebrity" chefs to me, I instantly gravitate towards the Food and Wine/Top Chef side of things, more so than the Food Network.

    I have never heard of him. The moment someone claims to be a food or wine expert I walk away. lol. That probably has everything to do with me living in a location where you have to drive an hour or more to something more interesting than Bogarts, and many ingredients mentioned are still not available here.

    That and it's all a matter of taste :)

    *My phone is crazy today.

    Eric Ripert is the chef of Le Bernardin. It's a four star restaurant and an institution really. Ripert (along with Thomas Keller and a few others) is one of the most prominent chefs in the United States.
    Food and Wine features actual chefs, not anyone claiming to be "food and wine experts". My friend (Devin McDavid) was picked as one of the best new pastry chefs of 2012 by it. I always knew I'd see him in there some day, so it was very cool to see it happen this past year.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    O
    cmb4314 wrote: »
    When someone mentions "Celebrity" chefs to me, I instantly gravitate towards the Food and Wine/Top Chef side of things, more so than the Food Network.

    I have never heard of him. The moment someone claims to be a food or wine expert I walk away. lol. That probably has everything to do with me living in a location where you have to drive an hour or more to something more interesting than Bogarts, and many ingredients mentioned are still not available here.

    That and it's all a matter of taste :)

    *My phone is crazy today.

    Eric Ripert is the chef of Le Bernardin. It's a four star restaurant and an institution really. Ripert along with Thomas Keller and a few others is one of the most prominent chefs in the United States.
    Food and Wine features actual chefs, not anyone claiming to be "food and wine experts". My friend (Devin McDavid) was picked as one of the best new pastry chefs of 2012 in the US by it. I always knew I'd see him in there some day, so it was very cool to see it happen this past year.

    That is fantastic for him, and being top notch at what you do, and getting recognition for it I understand. I do tend to ear expert thrown around a great deal (but keep in mind thats interviews on TV, etc) and that always makes me cringe a little, in relation to taste buds.

    I can't say I pay much attention things like this because I have no need. Being featured in Southern Living is as good as it gets here. ;)
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KraytKrayt Posts: 765Registered Users
    Alton Brown.

    The man knows his stuff.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    Krayt wrote: »
    Alton Brown.

    The man knows his stuff.

    I do like how he mentions adjusting baking to the weather, etc. That is how my mother taught me. There is always a great deal to factor in with altitudes and... Well, it's colder or ... outside, adjust this, add a little more of that, bring the temp up and down, add 2 more tbl spoons of this particular flour, etc.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    Krayt wrote: »
    Alton Brown.

    The man knows his stuff.

    He's a such a scientist! and his show is so funny!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    thelio wrote: »
    NetG wrote: »
    thelio wrote: »
    If not, Jamie Oliver. I use to have the biggest crush on him.

    Funny. Without knowing gender, age, etc., I had a huge crush on his gardener. :) He had that short-lived FN show where he'd go out and pick all the produce for his meal. I wanted his garden!

    i remember the show but cant remember the gardener.

    I don't remember them ever showing the gardener, thus my not knowing gender or age. :) I just lusted after the garden.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know I DON'T want that guy on PBS who always made beans and was caught molesting little boys!

  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    NetG wrote: »
    thelio wrote: »
    NetG wrote: »

    Funny. Without knowing gender, age, etc., I had a huge crush on his gardener. :) He had that short-lived FN show where he'd go out and pick all the produce for his meal. I wanted his garden!

    i remember the show but cant remember the gardener.

    I don't remember them ever showing the gardener, thus my not knowing gender or age. :) I just lusted after the garden.

    oh! HA!!
    I know I DON'T want that guy on PBS who always made beans and was caught molesting little boys!

    WHAT THE EFFE?!?!?

    who was this??
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    that one sexy guy, idk his name. oh well. I saw him once on the cooking channel
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Joe Biden was on the Cooking Channel? :scratch:
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    I used to love Graham Kerr back in the day. That was the only cooking show I've ever gotten into. His enthusiasm was so infectious, and boy could he rock those suspenders!

    I still have that bash-chop thingie of his.
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    B-wavy wrote: »
    Joe Biden was on the Cooking Channel? :scratch:

    HA!!

    i really want to know who the sexy one on the cooking channel was.

    and who was the chiold molester on PBS?
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

    "I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

«1