Newbie here! (:

AndromeaAndromea Posts: 3Registered Users
Hiya!

Lurker here, I've finally managed to pick up the courage to make an account!
To be honest, I dislike my natural hair very very much and have been straightening it almost every working day for the last 3-4ish years.
Of course, this is really damaging and probably isn't helping the fact that I dislike my natural hair hahaha.

So, I think its about time I tried to embrace it, to be honest its going to be a long process! I don't think my face suits cury hair very much, a lot of you look utterly gorgeous with it. :)

A little background on me is I'm 18 and about to start a science related degree in Uni! I love animals and being outdoors (as well as nerding out on games ._.) so being outdoors a lot makes my hair hell frizzy when its not straightened :c

Also, its summer here. I currently avoid water like its acid which is a pain because I love swimming and there are so many lovely lakes and rivers here to swim in during the summer! Another reason I should get used to my curly hair...

Anyway, I better cut it shot. This is getting to be a novel, I ramble a lot. If I get the courage I might post few photos of my natural hair. (:

I think its either 3a or 2c. Not sure, more a damaged thicker 3a probably, except it frizzes heaps.

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, Andromea! :wave: This is a great place to get all the info and help you need to bring out the best in your curls. I was reluctant when I started, too. Read as much as you can and don't be afraid to try something new. Let us know how it's going for you!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome!! ^^

I love games too :)
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome to CurlTalk!! Glad to have you here :)
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl
  • AndromeaAndromea Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks guys! I'm definitely trying to like my curly hair more! Infact, I only straightened my bangs today which is something I haven't done in ages! Usually straighten the lot, even if I just wear it in a bun. XD
    A lot of my friends don't even know I have curly hair, but I came home and took it out of its bun and found it actually looked okay! Baby steps :x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file