CurlTalk

I Hit A Coyote This Morning....

LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
It happened at 6am this morning. I didn't even have time to try and brake. It was so fast. Poor thing. I feel so bad. My car is a mess. It's not driveable. I had to have it towed and I have to rent a car this evening when I get off work. It has body damage and damage underneath.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Yikes, are you ok?

I imagine the coyote didn't fair well. Poor thing. :(
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    I hope you're OK!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I hope you're ok and your car gets fixed fast and doesn't cost too much.

Do we all know this Coyote?
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    :-(

LOL, Speckla.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    Where were you?

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    I'm so glad you're okay!

(Sidenote: I ran over a squirrel once and I felt bad about it for days.)
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    Crummy thing to have happen. Hope you have a better week!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    How scary! One of my big fears of driving is to hit a moose, which happens quite a bit in AK.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    asugirl wrote: »
    Where were you?

I was around 64th Street and Shea. I've never seen a coyote there before.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Yikes, are you ok?

I imagine the coyote didn't fair well. Poor thing. :(

I just hope he didn't suffer too much. :pale:
    From Michael Berg:

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,679Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I've only ever hit birds and that's bad enough, hope you're ok - it shakes you up a bit, doing something like that.
    3b in South Australia.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Coyotes are that big??

Did it die?

I've heard of ppl hitting deer and the deer just running off w/o as much as a limp.

• DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    I almost ran over a horse once. My mother was in the passenger seat. I hit the break just in time so that I merely bumped the car lightly into him and he ran off startled. I've been told this is very dangerous because the weight of the animal will crush the car and you along with it.
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users
    Oh, my, I didn't know coyote could be big enough to do damage to the car. I hope you are okay and the car can be repaired.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
    Coyotes are the size of a big dog. I have a little car, VW Beetle and it is low to the ground. I don't think my tires went over him. From the damage underneath the car, it looks like he was sucked under and killed that way. My radiator is busted and the hose ripped out. There are some other things I didn't quite understand, but I was told there were many wires ripped off.

I was talking to a neighbor last night and she said once she was on this hwy going about 65 mph. A large white dog jumped on top of her car hood. She didn't know where it came from. It was howling and had it's front paws around her windshield wipers trying to hang on. She said the worse thing was that he kept looking at her. Before she was able to stop he lost his grip fell off and she ran over it. Other cars behind her finished him off.

I just sat there staring at her in shock. I really didn't need to hear this story right now. :-(
    From Michael Berg:

• OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    did you honk. Coyotes likes to chase after things that go "beep beep." FACT
    The estimate for my car is $4,400. The mechanic just called and said he should have it ready in a week.
    From Michael Berg:

• OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    yikes...sorry to hear that Lotsa
    OBB wrote: »
    did you honk. Coyotes likes to chase after things that go "beep beep." FACT

No, :laughing7: I didn't have time. My car is red. Maybe that's what attracted him.
    From Michael Berg:

OBB wrote: »
    yikes...sorry to hear that Lotsa

Insurance should cover all but my $250 deductible and $5 per day for my rental car. It could have been worse.
    From Michael Berg: