New Curlie, hey everyone

Hello again,

How is everyone? I have a question....
I understand this concept of hair typing and I have been able to understand my hair's porosity, density, and width.
My main problem however seems to be typing my hair's curl pattern. That is because when I see the pictures, I personally can't tell which is mines and which isn't. I don't know if I am 3c, 4b, or even 4c (even though I don't think I'm 4c). I would like help because I keep on going through trying to figure it out.
And I would like to know what products would be best after I find my hair's curl pattern. What could I do to enhance it? How can I ensure curl definition, do away with frizziness, and to get rid of my itchy scalp. Most importantly, I want to grow my hair out so I do sincerely need the help.

Thanks in advance,
Ebony

Comments

• Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome!

Maybe we can help you with curl pattern if you post a pic of your hair.

We can help you with product recommendations if you post your hair properties (your porosity and width).

If you want to grow your hair out I recommend you first get a trim to get rid of all split ends. Make sure you have a healthy food balance; you need lots of vitamins, proteins and minerals. Drink a lot of water. Seal your hair (find more info here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/154147-curly-girls-how-does-one-seal.html ), do regular deep treatments. Massage your scalp daily (perhaps with an oil, I use Jamaican Black castor oil for that and I've noticed a lot of hair growth).
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi, ELoveLifeAdore! :wave: I agree with Aqua_Lily's comments. Also, keep in mind that depending on the current state of your hair, your curl pattern may change as your hair gets healthier. I found that it was more beneficial to choose products based on my hair properties rather than curl pattern. This link helped me a lot:
    Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome to CurlTalk!

It's common for people to have multiple curl patterns and hair textures on the same head of hair.

We just launched a Curl Pattern Quiz that's supposed to be a starting point for figuring out your curl pattern. You can find the quiz at the top left corner of the homepage, if you want to take it!

I agree with the others -- pictures of your hair would help a lot!
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file