We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Help me save my curls!

ayahyounisayahyounis Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello ladies (and gents?),

I am losing my curls and I am not happy about it. My hair is 3A/B, it is soft and fine, it has a definite coil but would loosen up naturally by the end of the day.

I have been using a homemade gel/styler my friend makes, leave-in conditioner, and since April I started coloring my hair (every 30 - 40 days) with Naturtint dye kit (ammonia free).

I have noticing that my hair is no longer soft especially the top layer, the curl is loosening, and it is just not my cool hair I love.

Any ideas/thoughts, tips?

Thank you
Ayah

Comments

• Aliciamelena87Aliciamelena87 Posts: 68Registered Users
    There are few possible reasons for curl loss: a) structure changes, too much protein for example can alter curl pattern; b) weight, heavy products and even growing out hair can cause hair to be weighed down and straighter; c) damage, overmanipulation/excessive heat/etc can alter curl pattern.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file