We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

subway coming up short?

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
did y'all see this? is it a big deal? it looks like the 6 in might not be that too. no wonder i sometimes still feel hungry after having a subway ;)
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Was there ever any doubt with those skimpy sandwiches with air-for-bread and hardly any meat on them? I grew up in the northeast...home of the original submarine sandwiches. Subway is imitation crap.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I used to like them in college, around 97 and they've been going downhill. I got one a few years ago and it was a joke.
    As far as chains go, publix subs are my fav(I only eat vegetarian subs).

There's a local pizza place here that beats publix, yum.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    for about a year i've been eating veggie only subs, mostly 6 in flatbread, no cheese. i love the southwest chipotle sauce. i emphasize LOAD UP the veggies, i'm not getting any meat. i like that they have spinach, i don't even add the iceberg lettuce. the flatbread is preforated so i wonder if it's shorter than 6 inches too. hmm..
  • dramaqueen04dramaqueen04 Banned Posts: 66Banned Users
    Love the flatbread! Six inches is plenty for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I am not a drama queen; I am a drama princess!
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    Publix really does have a great sandwich. When I still lived in GA a co-worker and I would go ALL the darn time, the ladies working there knew our regular sandwich.

Last time we tried Subway it was so dirty we walked out and haven't thought about eating at one since. There are usually other sandwich choices that are better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    Speaking of publix, their fried chicken is great. Sometimes better than popeyes. The sides are definitely better, the weeks usually at least decent. We have a publix next to our building but I rarely crave subs and trying to keep the fried stuff to a minimum so I end up going just once in a while.

I cant have a veggie (or really any) sub w/out cheese. And more than minimal. I dont really like salads(which is what a veggie sub is in a bun) but put some good creamy sauce and cheese, I can do it.
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    Josephine wrote: »
    Speaking of publix, their fried chicken is great. Sometimes better than popeyes. The sides are definitely better, the weeks usually at least decent. We have a publix next to our building but I rarely crave subs and trying to keep the fried stuff to a minimum so I end up going just once in a while.

I cant have a veggie (or really any) sub w/out cheese. And more than minimal. I dont really like salads(which is what a veggie sub is in a bun) but put some good creamy sauce and cheese, I can do it.

Publix's chicken and subs are great!

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    i remember subway meatball subs were the bees knees in the early nineties. they were huge. i remember my mom getting a 12 inch sub and she wouldnt get it cut so she could cut it three ways for me and my 2 cousins. we would be full until dinner. i blame jered for the decline of subway.
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    I kind of hate to do this because I have a love/hate relationship with this blog, but there are so many other things wrong with Subway than the bread being too short. Umm...not to say I no longer eat there- I do.
    Interesting read.

Food Babe Investigates: Is Subway Real Food? - 100 Days of Real Food
    But it's fast food. Why would anyone think it's healthy food?
  • HropkeyHropkey Posts: 572Registered Users
    Subway definitely has no sustenance. If I have to choose a fast food sandwich I'll usually go with Panera, but usually there's a better local place. There's an amazing Italian sandwich place where I live that makes huge, cheap, delicious sandwiches on ciabatta baked in house.
    Mod CG as of 10/18/08
    Using: Suave Naturals, L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss, LA Looks Sports Gel.
    "We’ll not live like this. They will try to bury us with false manifestos, inscribe us in wars against false enemies but we’ll sing songs about dying from loving the wrong cowboy and gospel; our bodies will burn in effigies of promise. I swear."

-Ibi Kaslik
    ruralcurls wrote: »
    I kind of hate to do this because I have a love/hate relationship with this blog, but there are so many other things wrong with Subway than the bread being too short. Umm...not to say I no longer eat there- I do.
    Interesting read.

Food Babe Investigates: Is Subway Real Food? - 100 Days of Real Food

oh my! thanks for posting!
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    does that extra inch really make a difference?
    yes!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I never took their lengths literally... I've always thought my sandwiches were shorter than 6".

Huh. Maybe that's why I'm single.
    That was a joke for OBB's benefit.

The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    Heard about this on the news, ate at subway a couple of times and hated it!! So I will never eat there again. It doesn't seem like they are making them substantially shorter than they claim and it depends on the person doing the baking, although they should stick to the standards they have set. It wouldn't kill people to eat a bit less.
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    Was there ever any doubt with those skimpy sandwiches with air-for-bread and hardly any meat on them? I grew up in the northeast...home of the original submarine sandwiches. Subway is imitation crap.
    +1 submarinA is way better

Sent from my MB612 using CurlTalk App
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,134Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Josephine wrote: »
    But it's fast food. Why would anyone think it's healthy food?

Because that is there marketing strategy - "eat fresh" and all of the weight loss stories. I haven't read that link yet but I would think most of Subway sandwiches would be healthy. If you're mostly getting veggies and a normal portion of chicken or deli meat, then that is healthy. I'm not talking about Subway's specialty sandwiches that have breaded meat and tons of cheese.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    I dunno to me anything massed produced and prepared so quickly means there's crap in there to make it last. You can see when they refill the toppings including meat. Its all prepackaged crap. I still think its healthier than McDonald's but def not for everyday eating ..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file