We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

My hair and humidity...

I've been very frustrated with how my hair behaves on rainy days. I posted asking about dew points before, but I still can't figure out how to fix my issue. I am dense. I was a tiny bit rushed this morning so that could have contributed to my problem. But this is fairly typical. My hair likes hard hold gels and I used a bit extra ecostyler to see if that would help. I think it was the wrong thing to do. I've also been trying the mineral oil thing so maybe I should have skipped that this morning?

My dd always develops frizz. My hair goes limp...although I had one area that acted like I had messed with it while wet. If it actually gets wet, it usually dries much more curly.

Here's a link to four photos.
This is day 1 hair....I can go a number of days without washing, but this would look more like day 3 hair. Also, even if my hair looked like this on day 3, I would still have spiraling on the sides. It does need a good cut, but I'm trying to hold off until I can do a Deva cut hoping it will help my straighter areas.

I find this almost as frustrating when I thought I had more straight hair and fought with my wave forever to get it styled just right and as soon as I walked out the door, it was a mess.

Rainy day hair Photos by 7mommy | Photobucket

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file