CurlTalk

Be My Valentine

rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,495Registered Users Curl Dabbler
claudine/ninja's post about buying herself flowers and chocolate for V-Day gave me an idea.

doesn't everyone deserve a little more love? especially on day devoted to love???

since so many people can't participate in the holiday gift exchange due to cost, let's send V-Day CARDS ONLY to a fellow curly!

send me an email:

rouquinne@rogers.com

by 5:00 pm on Monday, January 21st!

give me your curltalk name, real name and snail mail address and when i get home from work, i'll send you the name of the person to send a Valentine.

i'm not going to do a big spreadsheet match-up like i did for the gift exchange. you'll get the name of the person who emailed right after you - even if they were your gifter/giftee!

amorous.gif
My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,772Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Do you have to be single to participate??
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Love this!
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Moderators
    my face if i got a valentine card

tumblr_lh4zmce2AY1qzjix8.gif
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | evelyn@naturallycurly.com | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,495Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Do you have to be single to participate??

nope...

we ALL need a little more love in this world!!!!

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

• goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote: »
    claudine/ninja's post about buying herself flowers and chocolate for V-Day gave me an idea.

My idea is wondering if claudine and ninja are the same person??? I am so confused . . .
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    YAY!!!!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Great idea! (As long as I don't get Curly Canadian. Eeew.)
    Just kidding!  I <3 her.

The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    My idea is wondering if claudine and ninja are the same person??? I am so confused . . .

she has a split personality!

but they *both* love dogs!!!

xanimal_dogkiss.gif

My blog:

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,772Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Well there goes that horsey v day card I had seen last week and thought would be perfect for Net!!!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    me like:love4:

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote: »

she has a split personality!

but they *both* love dogs!!!

xanimal_dogkiss.gif

I "like" this to nth degree.

Woof!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What a nice - and fun - idea! :love5:
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I'm in! I love this idea so much! :love5:
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    Mr. Spring and I don't exchange any Valentine type things so count me in!

(plus I'm super duper extremely irritated with him right now so even if we did celebrate I'd patooie on that idea and sending a card to a curly will be much more fun :lol: )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I'm too down in the dumps after the curly gift exchange debacle (which I now have a new ray of hope for, but still) to try to join. I will just be happy for all the curlies who get a card.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    I'm in too! I love all the curly love going around these days.

SO and I don't celebrate and I don't get anything for my kids either so my curly will be one lucky curly to get a card from me :toothy4:
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Curlyminx wrote: »
    I'm too down in the dumps after the curly gift exchange debacle (which I now have a new ray of hope for, but still) to try to join. I will just be happy for all the curlies who get a card.

Crap! What happened? off to find thread.. . . .
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    I want in!
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

i'm off to Toronto for the next few days and will only have limited access to this account until Sunday night.

to take part in the Valentine exchange - please read post #1 and send me an email at my home address!

My blog:

send me an email today!

when i get home, i'll send out the Valentine matches.

let a fellow curly know how much you appreciate her (him? OBB?)!

rouquinne@rogers.com
    My blog:

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    emama

i sent you one two days ago.....should I send it again? :sign6:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    i got the email.

like i said above, i only had limited access to this site until late last night. my mother does NOT have internet access and i didn't take my laptop/mobile internet stick with me.

the app won't let me log in to check anything here and the best i can do with my email on my tablet is read it - typing responses is a PITA...

:(

keep sending!!!!!

My blog:

okay, everyone watch your email...

i'm off to match you with your secret Valentine!

My blog:

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    :blob8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    emails sent!!!

time to spread the warm fuzzy feelings!

love-shower-smiley.gif?1292867634
    My blog:

• B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got mine! heeheeheeheehee!!!!! :toothy7:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,238Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I got me a valentine! La la la la la la.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Got it! <3
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I did not get my secret valentine yet. I sent you an email in the early days.

Anxiously awaiting :D
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    i got it!!!