We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

trimming transitioning hair

afroniqueyouafroniqueyou Posts: 31Registered Users
does any one here trim their hair if so how? and why?

Comments

• itstor247itstor247 Posts: 12Registered Users
    I've been transitioning for a year now and I've never had a relaxer. However my ends and very heat damaged): a lot of times I just cut the heat damaged ends as I see new growth coming in because the ends ruin the look of my curl pattern. I choose not to hot towers the bottom too much unless they look really bad. Using this method I am slowly transitioning into becoming fully natural while retaining length and cutting my hair into gradual natural layers. All I do it take a pair of hair scissors and lightly trim my ends I never cut more than 2 inches at a time though. Hope this helped!

By the way I have 3c hair
  • itstor247itstor247 Posts: 12Registered Users
    *cut towards
  • afroniqueyouafroniqueyou Posts: 31Registered Users
    itstor247 wrote: »
    I've been transitioning for a year now and I've never had a relaxer. However my ends and very heat damaged): a lot of times I just cut the heat damaged ends as I see new growth coming in because the ends ruin the look of my curl pattern. I choose not to hot towers the bottom too much unless they look really bad. Using this method I am slowly transitioning into becoming fully natural while retaining length and cutting my hair into gradual natural layers. All I do it take a pair of hair scissors and lightly trim my ends I never cut more than 2 inches at a time though. Hope this helped!

By the way I have 3c hair
    o, thank you i will try to trim my ends after taking out my winter protective style; my hair is in the 4a-b range not sure yet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file