Newbie...need help in determining curl type!

curly_galcurly_gal Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi everyone! I am really glad I found this website. I wish I knew about it sooner :(

I have extremely dry, frizzy curly hair, that is just unmanageable :(
I have not used any hair products till now because I was scared that the chemicals would cause hair fall. But I see a lot of products being discussed on the forum, and it would be great to get everyone's inputs!

After looking at pictures of beautiful curls, I am a little embarrassed to put up my pictures :cry:

I think my hair type is 3b, not sure though. Would appreciate your inputs!

The first two pics are before combing my hair, and the last one is after.

Thanks!

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, curly_gal! It can all be a little overwhelming at first. Your curl pattern is likely to change some as your hair gets healthier. Finding the products that will help you best is largely dependent on your hair properties. This link was a big help to me when I was getting started:
    Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome!! :)

I think you're a 3B/C :)
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • curly_galcurly_gal Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you for your inputs @mhen76 and @Aqua_Lily :)
    I'll go through that link to learn more about my hair type!
  • atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Registered Users Administrator
    Welcome to CurlTalk!

I'd recommend looking at these two infographics for some Curly Hair Basics >> Curly Hair Growth Chart and ABC's of Curly Hair

Are you combing your hair while it's dry? That is a big curly hair no-no! :) It will just get frizzier and tend to break more. Do you use shampoo and conditioner? If you're worried about the ingredients in conventionally manufactured hair care products, you can always go the natural route! Lots of people make hair products from everyday ingredients found in their kitchen! Curl Recipes - Home Made Hair Product Recipes Presented by Carol's Daughter - NaturallyCurly.com

hope that helps! keep us updated! :)
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file