CurlTalk

Shampoo rec for wavy, fine hair?

Been using DevaCurl No-Poo for a little over a week (my Deva stylist recommended it), and I think I need something more "shampoo-ier." :) My hair looks a tad greasy. I had the same look using Wen in the past, so I think I do need a bit of a shampoo.

What would you recommend? I have wavy hair that is fine, but I have a lot of it. Color-treated as well.

Thanks!
2b, Fine, Low-Normal Porosity, Medium Density

Comments

• wavycurlygabywavycurlygaby Posts: 12Registered Users
    :icon_smile: Hello! Organix Shampoo without sulfates, is so great!!!
    2b-2c type hair.
    CG since october 2012.:love5:
    Co wash: VO5 Conditioner Two times a week.
    Low Pow: Loreal Ever Sleek once a week (scalp only).
    Rinse out conditioner: VO5 conditioner.
    Deep Conditioner: Naturaleza y Vida Mascarilla hidratante de aloe y enebro, once a week.
    Leave in: VO5 conditioner half water half conditioner.
    Gel: VO5 gel light hold.
    Mousse: Caprice Rizos Definidos.
    :love10: My hair love plopping!.
  • HootenannyHootenanny Posts: 300Registered Users
    Have you tried the Deva Low-Poo? That might be better option for you, if you like the Deva line in general. I'd also recommend Shea Moisture Curl & Shine shampoo, which you could probably get right away if you want, since it's available at CVS and Target. Hopefully others will chime in as well since I myself don't have fine hair. I don't feel like the Low-Poo or Shea Moisture weigh my hair down at all though, so I would guess that they would work for fine hair. And they are much more "shampooey" than the No-Poo. :)
    :cat: Medium/coarse, low porosity, dense, mix of 3s :cat:
    CG (again) since Nov. 2012

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention, Elucence MBC, KC Come Clean
    Condish: Giovanni DL, Cure Care, Ion Treatment, GVP Balm, AOHR
    Protein: AOGPB, CNPF, SSRPT
    Stylers: KCCC, SM Souffle, AOMM, SS CEJ, JCRR, JCCC

:cat: Trying out steaming! :cat:
  • jipszeejipszee Posts: 57Registered Users
    I have lots of fine wavy hair too, but not color treated. I started with no poo, but too felt needed something more. So I went to their low poo and really liked it but didn't like the $$ . I'm now using yes to carrots and like that. I've heard good things about Shea moisture so that is next to try.
    Hair: lots of fine 2c/3a
    Length: Mid back
    Shampoo:Shea moisture coconut hibiscus
    Cond:, suave naturals coconut
    Post condition/Leave in: Shea moisture smoothie
    HG:L'oreal evercurl gel. AG: Recoil,
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    These are all good suggestions. I'm going to just throw one more thing out there. When I first started CG I truly believed I couldn't co-wash. Then I did some more reading and learned my technique was incorrect. Once I modified my technique, I had no issues with co-washing. Generally I've found that the more gentle the cleanser is, the more I have to make sure I'm massaging scalp well while cleansing and while rinsing out my cleanser. I'm not saying that there aren't people who really do need to use low-poo regularly, but it might be worth trying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • sroggesrogge Posts: 16Registered Users
    Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies!
    2b, Fine, Low-Normal Porosity, Medium Density
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    I like Yes to Carrots or Cucumbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com