CurlTalk

curl jealousy

Sometimes I have a case of curl jealousy when I see other's pic of their beautiful curls and waves. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. I know everyone has had a case of this every once in a while. I love Youtuber MahoganyCurls's hair!
*Curly Girl Method*

Comments

• fefe912fefe912 Posts: 570Registered Users
    I definitely experience curl jealousy lol. I know a few people who have gorgeous curls and they hate them and I'm like....grrrrrr lol My best friend has beautiful long thick curly hair and she wears is straight most of the time and I always think to myself whyyyyyyyyy???
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    I know right?! I see some of these ladies around the natural hair community with these beautiful, big, SILKY a$$ curls. And I'm like "Why.. The F... Were you... RELAXED!!! LoL!
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • HouseofcurlsHouseofcurls Posts: 322Registered Users
    I know. my hair hair is 2c/3a and I get such envy and such frustration when I see all over curls. I wish my hair would just be uniform and all the same!
    Rae ~ 2c/3a ~
    Wife to a 3c Curly Guy
    Mom to a straight and a curly.

"The Longer the Hair, the Bigger the Blob."

Porous, very dense but fine hair. Medium everything else.
    CoWash: Tressemee naturals
    RO: Generic biolage and generic joico k-pak
    LI: Tresemee
    Miss Jessie's Pillow soft curls, diffuse 50%, add KCCC and diffuse to 80%.
    Always wash upside down.
  • sdkittysdkitty Posts: 358Registered Users
    the only times I've experienced this is when I see someone IRL who has my type and color of hair and it looks better than mine

It doesn't bother me if someone has beautiful curls that are totally different (color, length, etc)
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    I know. my hair hair is 2c/3a and I get such envy and such frustration when I see all over curls. I wish my hair would just be uniform and all the same!

THIS!!! (Of course, since you're my hair twin!!)

I have hair envy on there all the time!!
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Posts: 836Registered Users
    Constantly!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
  • smithjmoniquesmithjmonique Posts: 84Registered Users
    I'm trying to learn to love my curls but I always find myself gazing at someone else's curls.
    *Curly Girl Method*
  • MojoDojoMojoDojo Posts: 702Registered Users
    I love my curls, but I look at some of you ladies with tight curls with the volume and I'm all jealous.

I can't help it! Grass is always greener...
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!
  • MissDarceiMissDarcei Posts: 193Registered Users
    I'm learning to love my texture I'm just so jealous of girls with long hair! Mines only at my shoulders and I get so envious
    3c Hair
    Fine Strands, High Density, Low Porosity
    CG since August 2011
    :love4:Loving my hair!!!:love4:
  • forevercurly96forevercurly96 Posts: 44Registered Users
    I get curl envy all the time. From waves to kinks. Its just that I love evryones curly hair. I particularly like 4a coils I think their so cute. If I could switch my hair for a day with someone elses it would be Whitney the naptural85 youtuber.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    I think I had curl jealousy in the beginning but now it is more like curl admiration/appreciation. I love love love to see beautiful curls but I don't necessarily think all of it would good on me. I can't speak for other curl types but my experience is that 4a is extremely versatile. So from a flat iron to a roller set to a pick with the right tool you can make your hair look like any other type. Not sure a 2 could ever manage a fro. In the beginning I really wanted looser curls thinking it was easier and fewer tangles but styling my hair as looser curls made me realize how much less volume comes with looser hair. It's pretty and all but it's not me. I LOVE BIG HAIR!!! So I know I got just the right hair type for me.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • CurlyCutie1394CurlyCutie1394 Posts: 348Registered Users
    I get curl envy all the time. From waves to kinks. Its just that I love evryones curly hair. I particularly like 4a coils I think their so cute. If I could switch my hair for a day with someone elses it would be Whitney the naptural85 youtuber.

OMG 4a I wish my hair was 4a all over all I have is a tiny section across the nape of my neck where no one can see them.
  • curlypriyacurlypriya Posts: 223Registered Users
    I get curl envy all the time especially whenever I see u ladies with 3c curls
    Hair type-3A/B fine ,dense,normal porosity..
    LOW POO : SM Moisture Retention,TBS Rainforest Moisture shampoo
    NO POO-DevaCurl No poo
    COWASH-Suave coconut,Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture,Vo5 kiwi Lime
    RO -DevaCurl One Condish,Shea moisture condish,Matrix Biolage CB
    LI- AO GVP protein balancing condish,SM thickening Yucca growth milk,SM Shea Butter Leave in
    Stylers - SM smoothie,Aveda Flaxseed Aloe Gel,Eco Styler (Protein and Olive oil),Deva Arc Angel
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Spent my entire childhood longing for ANY hair but my own. Now? I honestly and shamelessly love my hair and don't experience hair envy at all. I hear how conceited that may sound to someone, but it really is the truth. I used to apologize when I got compliments, as in, "Yeah, but it's such a pain in the butt" (which it can be at times). Now I generally say, "Thanks!" That doesn't mean I don't get frustrated w/it at times, curse it or put it down once in a while. And I still like the idea of better root lift than I naturally have. It's just I don't feel envious - like someone else has better hair.

... But it took a minute to arrive at this attitude.

And I admire the $&%* out of others' curls on a daily basis. I think our curly hair is what it's all about :love5:
  • bobbybobby Posts: 669Registered Users
    Korkscrew wrote: »
    Spent my entire childhood longing for ANY hair but my own. Now? I honestly and shamelessly love my hair and don't experience hair envy at all. I hear how conceited that may sound to someone, but it really is the truth. I used to apologize when I got compliments, as in, "Yeah, but it's such a pain in the butt" (which it can be at times). Now I generally say, "Thanks!" That doesn't mean I don't get frustrated w/it at times, curse it or put it down once in a while. And I still like the idea of better root lift than I naturally have. It's just I don't feel envious - like someone else has better hair.

... But it took a minute to arrive at this attitude.

And I admire the $&%* out of others' curls on a daily basis. I think our curly hair is what it's all about :love5:

Speaking from a guy's perspective, I hated my hair and wore it cropped shot for 20 years but seven years ago I decided to wear it longer. It took watching other guys lose their hair for me to start loving mine. I couldn't imagine myself without my curls now. Like you, Korkscrew, it took me a long tme to arrive at this attitude. What I enjoy as much as anything is giving compliments to women on their curls. It makes their day. :love5:
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"