We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Cruelty free curl products?

So i recently found out most drugstore brands and even salon ones are animal tested which i hate :( I want to support cruelty free brands, that will also work well for curly hair. So far I tried Andalou naturals styling cream and love it! got any other recommendations?
ty !
finally starting to love my hair ^.^
12813d725e4d11e28d7d22000a1f981a_7.jpg
cleanse: Dr.Bronner mild castile soap
condition: tresemme naturals (sometimes used as styler)
LI/style: curl cream mixed with coconut oil (current cream by andalou naturals)

product minimalist :sunny:

Comments

• claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    Good for you! I feel the same way.

Always read the labels: if they say "We do not test on animals" or "Cruelty-free" or have a picture of a bunny, then they should be okay. Just to be safe, I would do an online search of accredited anti-cruelty products.

HTH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • testimony777testimony777 Posts: 237Registered Users
    The DevaCurl line is cruelty free and I'm pretty sure Jessicurl products are as well. Aubry Organics is another line you might want to look into; those are the ones that come to mind. HTH.
    Hair Stats (CG since 3/31/12)
    Type: 3c/b; Density: M; Texture: F-M; Porosity: L-N

Products
    Cleanser: DevaCurl Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: DevaCurl Original One Condition
    Leave-in: DevaCurl B'Leave-in
    Stylers: DevaCurl Volumizing Frizz Free Foam, DevaCurl Beautiful Mess, DevaCurl Flexible Hold Hairspray
    Refresher: DevaCurl No Comb Detangling Spray
    Finisher: DevaCurl Shine Spray
  • rainboerainboe Posts: 284Registered Users
    I'm pretty sure the Yes To... Products are cruelty free. I have the Yes To Carrots conditioner and it is. Aubrey Organics is too.
    Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
    Lowpoo: Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
    Rinse Out:
    Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
    LI: Yes to Carrots
    Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse
  • newseasonnewseason Posts: 98Registered Users
    Shea moisture products are cruelty free. tresemme naturals and eco styler gel say not tested on animals

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file