We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

3& 1/2 yr. old multiracial child w/ multiple hair types

AmayMamaAmayMama Posts: 1Registered Users
My son is multiracial and, from what I can tell, has a mix between hair types 3c - curly coily, 4a - coily springy, & 4b - coily crimpy. I love his hair but am unfamiliar with how to care for & style his hair types (my hair would be 2B - wavy curvy & his dad's is 4c - coily ziggly, but my son lives w/ me so I am the one who takes care of his hair).

I don't do much to his hair & am not as consistent as I could be. I wash it 2x a week. I have been using cantu shea butter moisturizing shampoo & conditioner. I put an organic leave-in conditioner at night after I do wash it. In the morning, I wet his hair with water from a spray bottle & spray leave-in conditioner. I then run my fingers through his hair w/ the styling/curl conditioning cream I bought w/ his shampoo & conditioner. I almost never comb his hair anymore but when I do,I make sure it's wet & I'm using a wide-tooth comb.

I used to cut it short w/ hair scissors but decided to let it grow, so I want to know how to style it, care for it, and make it look nice while still being low-maintenance since he's so young (3& a half & cannot be still to save his life) & I'm so busy. ANY suggestions, tips, hints, stories, etc. are welcome.

Thank you!

Amanda :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file