CurlTalk

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. iphone5

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I've already checked the comparisson sites. But could you weigh in w/ personal experience for either or both? I have to make a decision in a week.

(I currently have an older model Samsung Galaxy and ike it a lot...in theory. But it is very buggy.)

«1

Comments

  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    My sister has the Galaxy S3. She hates it more than life itself.

    She wants to go back to iphone and will be buying the 5 as soon as she can.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

    Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

    Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curlyminx wrote: »
    My sister has the Galaxy S3. She hates it more than life itself.

    She wants to go back to iphone and will be buying the 5 as soon as she can.

    Has she said what she doesn't like about it?

  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    She is pretty broad about it, but she complains about the speakers, sound quality on the phone, and just a general bugginess that she can't stand.

    She said that she never had any problems with her iphones and she has had problems with the Samsung from the start.

    She also says it isn't as sturdy as the iphone. She has three sons under the age of 4 so she might need an industrial strength phone that maybe iphone can't even do now.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

    Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

    Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Bf just got the S3 and he loves it but it's because he had a crappy blackberry before. I've used it a little, it's pretty fast, resolution is really good, its definitely better than my iphone 4 but I havent tried the 5. I had the galaxy s for a while but it was horrible and pretty buggy, way worse than the iphone 3gs(but that might be unfair comparision im not sure).

    I like the feel and quality of iphones better than others. But I'm biased because it's the only smartphone I've used and have been using them for over 3 years now. As far as usablility, again I prefer iphone because I'm biased but I've noticed that in some cases androids require an extra step (for example, calling a business from google maps).

    I've had a horrible time though trying to back up, restore and transfer data (music, photos, etc) with the iphone. The icloud sucks. I believe it's much easier on the android platform.

    From a moral viewpoint I prefer android because apple is so damn proprietary and I am a pc girl. But for superficial reasons and comfort level, I still use apple.
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    My brother got the S3 at the same time I got my iPhone 5. We both love our respective phones, although he has since dropped his and cracked the screen. However, said screen is (er, was) awesomely huge and very crisp/bright, which I like a lot. But I also like my phone a lot, partially because I have a Mac and it's nice to have things on the same platform, I guess.

    However, after playing around with his phone a little bit, I still prefer my phone, over all. People can say what they want about android phones being superior and whatnot, but I still feel like (at least at this point in time) there are more things readily available for iPhones - cases, Apps, etc. And, I like iOS more than I like the operating system on his phone. It's a little more user-friendly, I think.

    "And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

    “My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    I have the iPhone 5 and I love it. My daughter wants it now. She had friends who have the Samsung 3 and she has had a lot if opportunity to play with it. She says she prefers the 5. From what I can tell if you are a techie person (greater learning curve), the Samsung may appeal to you, if are someone who likes to be to figure it out fairly quickly and easily ( more user friendly), then iPhone 5 may appeal to you.

    HTH

    texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
    .


    event.png
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    I have the s3, have had it for a few weeks now. I've never had an iPhone, only androids. I really like it. It's fast, crisp clean screen. I did feel really over protective of out until I got the cover I wanted as it is light and very sleek and slippery. The screen is suppose to be made from gorilla glass but up thread someone mentioned a cracked screen and one of my friends has cracked hers as well. I tend to not have things like that happen to my phones though. (My friend always damages her phones almost as soon as she gets them)

    The choice for me came down to always having had android phones, I like the ability to customize my screens, icons, etc. Also many of the tech guys where I work were giving up their IPhones for the s3. Based on what I've read and the conversations I had with the tech people I know, they are pretty comparable.

    I did have some battery drain issues that resolved after I remembered to tweak some settings. And last night for some reason battery drained completely from 100% to turning itself off in a few hours while I was sleeping. I've had this happen before with other phones and think it had something to do with towers in my area, the issue has stabilized since this morning so unless it keeps happening, I'm not overly worried.

    Lastly, s3 is probably cheaper if you shop around for it. I paid $50 for mine at letstalk.com


    Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I have the Galaxy 2 and all my co-workers have Iphone4/4s

    I prefer my phone

    1) screen size. It's amazing. I bought a case with a kickstand and I can watch movies on it.

    2) data. They are always struggling with importing and moving pictures. Running out of space, etc.

    3) you can customize your phone with packages like Ice Cream sandwich and get the best of both worlds (Android phone with Iphone features)

    Honestly, I think it comes down to personal preference. It's like Crocheting and Knitting. Which ever you learned first is the one that you think is the easiest.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    PerriP wrote: »
    I have the s3, have had it for a few weeks now. I've never had an iPhone, only androids. I really like it. It's fast, crisp clean screen. I did feel really over protective of out until I got the cover I wanted as it is light and very sleek and slippery. The screen is suppose to be made from gorilla glass but up thread someone mentioned a cracked screen and one of my friends has cracked hers as well. I tend to not have things like that happen to my phones though. (My friend always damages her phones almost as soon as she gets them)

    The choice for me came down to always having had android phones, I like the ability to customize my screens, icons, etc. Also many of the tech guys where I work were giving up their IPhones for the s3. Based on what I've read and the conversations I had with the tech people I know, they are pretty comparable.

    I did have some battery drain issues that resolved after I remembered to tweak some settings. And last night for some reason battery drained completely from 100% to turning itself off in a few hours while I was sleeping. I've had this happen before with other phones and think it had something to do with towers in my area, the issue has stabilized since this morning so unless it keeps happening, I'm not overly worried.

    Lastly, s3 is probably cheaper if you shop around for it. I paid $50 for mine at letstalk.com


    Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

    I had battery issues. I contacted Sprint and they ordered me at new one. It was covered under my plan
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    scrills wrote: »
    PerriP wrote: »
    I have the s3, have had it for a few weeks now. I've never had an iPhone, only androids. I really like it. It's fast, crisp clean screen. I did feel really over protective of out until I got the cover I wanted as it is light and very sleek and slippery. The screen is suppose to be made from gorilla glass but up thread someone mentioned a cracked screen and one of my friends has cracked hers as well. I tend to not have things like that happen to my phones though. (My friend always damages her phones almost as soon as she gets them)

    The choice for me came down to always having had android phones, I like the ability to customize my screens, icons, etc. Also many of the tech guys where I work were giving up their IPhones for the s3. Based on what I've read and the conversations I had with the tech people I know, they are pretty comparable.

    I did have some battery drain issues that resolved after I remembered to tweak some settings. And last night for some reason battery drained completely from 100% to turning itself off in a few hours while I was sleeping. I've had this happen before with other phones and think it had something to do with towers in my area, the issue has stabilized since this morning so unless it keeps happening, I'm not overly worried.

    Lastly, s3 is probably cheaper if you shop around for it. I paid $50 for mine at letstalk.com


    Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

    I had battery issues. I contacted Sprint and they ordered me at new one. It was covered under my plan

    Oh good to know, it seems okay now, if it does it again, I'll contact Verizon.


    Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users
    I have an iPhone 5. I love it. I upgraded from an iPhone 4 and hubby has a 4S so I can say without a doubt that it's super fast. It's way faster than my 4, which is really saying a lot. The screen is crisp and clear and the phone itself is the perfect size for my hand. If the Galaxy s3 is the one I'm thinking of, it's too big for me. (Honestly, that's all I know about the Galaxy s3.)

    My experience with my 5 isn't anything like what Scrills mentioned about her coworkers. Everything on my iPhone is fully integrated--photos, apps, email, contacts, etc. All my songs and photos update automatically from iTunes to my phone, iPad, computer, etc. I've never run out of space on any of my iPhones but that would be 100% dependent on the user. YMMV.

    The main thing I like about having an iPhone is that I don't have to deal with my wireless carrier unless I have a problem with my bill. If something happens to my phone or I have any issues with it, I just go to the Apple store and they either fix it immediately or give me a new phone on the spot--no questions asked. I hated the days when I had to call Verizon and have them spend 2 hours with me troubleshooting some problem and then wait for them to send me a phone.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 5. I love it. I upgraded from an iPhone 4 and hubby has a 4S so I can say without a doubt that it's super fast. It's way faster than my 4, which is really saying a lot. The screen is crisp and clear and the phone itself is the perfect size for my hand. If the Galaxy s3 is the one I'm thinking of, it's too big for me. (Honestly, that's all I know about the Galaxy s3.)

    Yes, it's the huge one I'm talking about.
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    My experience with my 5 isn't anything like what Scrills mentioned about her coworkers. Everything on my iPhone is fully integrated--photos, apps, email, contacts, etc. All my songs and photos update automatically from iTunes to my phone, iPad, computer, etc. I've never run out of space on any of my iPhones but that would be 100% dependent on the user. YMMV.

    The main thing I like about having an iPhone is that I don't have to deal with my wireless carrier unless I have a problem with my bill. If something happens to my phone or I have any issues with it, I just go to the Apple store and they either fix it immediately or give me a new phone on the spot--no questions asked. I hated the days when I had to call Verizon and have them spend 2 hours with me troubleshooting some problem and then wait for them to send me a phone.

    Ugh, tell me about it.:confused3:

    Have you ever had a Droid (before the iphone4)?

  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,760Registered Users
    We got new phones from work a few weeks ago.
    Our chooses were iphone 5, samsung s3, and motorola x somewhat.


    My chose was the s3.
    I love it, but the 'iphone gang' seems to be happier.... I dont know why...
    Nothing can be done by their iphones that cannot be done by my S3. RealIy, I haven t found One thing...Not yet...


    But they are cooler, certainly...




    Batteries suck. All of them.
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    I never had an iPhone and don't have much experience playing with it personally, but I do have the iPod Touch and it does everything but make calls. For the last 4 years i have had blackberrys. I just got the Samsung S3 and I absolutely love it. My sis got it for Christmas and after playing with it I fell in love. T-mobile was having a deal where you get the phone for $0 so I jumped on the deal (well my mom did. Ive been eligible for an upgrade for over 2 years now).

    It's so convenient having a phone with internet (lol. Even though I had a blackberry I didnt have internet with my plan. It was a waste becsuse browsing on the blackberry was frustrating. When I upgraded with the s3 I had to upgrade my plan as well). I have T-mobile. The plan is way more expensive than the other one I was on.

    I love how fast it is. I'm new to 4G and it's awesome. I love the bigger screen. The picture quality is excellent. The camera is really nice. Even though it is a pretty big phone it isn't bulky or heavy. If you have small hands you'll surely need both of them to work this phone. Mine arent even that small and I need both hands most of the time. Not really a deal breaker though. One thing I hate about the small screen on the iPod is that selecting text is such a PITA. Sometimes I want to edit one letter in a word and its so hard getting the cursor to just sit right next to the word. Instead it highlights the whole word and I have to struggle and strategize to get the cursor in the right place but most of the time I end up just deleting the whole thing, which I can't stand!! This phone makes editing a breeze.

    The sound quality is great but one thing I can't stand are the headphones this phone comes with. I absolutely hate in ear headphones. They seem to be becoming standardized and for the life of me I can't understand why. I was in need of new headphones and I was hoping these came with a nice pair I could wear until I could afford some beats or something, but these ain't it. They sound fine but they are so uncomfortable and don't fit. In ear headphones shouldn't exist.

    I've said a lot already so I'll end there.

    Overall I love the s3.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    maria_i wrote: »
    We got new phones from work a few weeks ago.
    Our chooses were iphone 5, samsung s3, and motorola x somewhat.


    My chose was the s3.
    I love it, but the 'iphone gang' seems to be happier.... I dont know why...
    Nothing can be done by their iphones that cannot be done by my S3. RealIy, I haven t found One thing...Not yet...


    But they are cooler, certainly...




    Batteries suck. All of them.

    But at least you can take out/replace the Samsung batteries. You can't remove the iphone batts.

    Honestly, what Mrspoppers said above is the strongest plus on the side of iphone5 that I have heard yet. That the Droids are all third party equipment that the cellular carrier needs to troubleshoot is a pain.

  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    maria_i wrote: »
    We got new phones from work a few weeks ago.
    Our chooses were iphone 5, samsung s3, and motorola x somewhat.


    My chose was the s3.
    I love it, but the 'iphone gang' seems to be happier.... I dont know why...
    Nothing can be done by their iphones that cannot be done by my S3. RealIy, I haven t found One thing...Not yet...


    But they are cooler, certainly...




    Batteries suck. All of them.

    But at least you can take out/replace the Samsung batteries. You can't remove the iphone batts.

    Honestly, what Mrspoppers said above is the strongest plus on the side of iphone5 that I have heard yet. That the Droids are all third party equipment that the cellular carrier needs to troubleshoot is a pain.

    I've replaced my iPhone 4 battery. It's very simple but you need a special tiny screwdriver. I have some from microcenter or you can order a battery that comes with one or order it separately. I also replaced the back with one with a design. Mine cracked and I was going to get a standard black but saw a cool white butterfly one. I'm sure you could do it to the s3 too. Just in case that even matters to you.

    My iPhone battery also charges pretty fast. Seems to be much faster than the s3.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 5. I love it. I upgraded from an iPhone 4 and hubby has a 4S so I can say without a doubt that it's super fast. It's way faster than my 4, which is really saying a lot. The screen is crisp and clear and the phone itself is the perfect size for my hand. If the Galaxy s3 is the one I'm thinking of, it's too big for me. (Honestly, that's all I know about the Galaxy s3.)

    My experience with my 5 isn't anything like what Scrills mentioned about her coworkers. Everything on my iPhone is fully integrated--photos, apps, email, contacts, etc. All my songs and photos update automatically from iTunes to my phone, iPad, computer, etc. I've never run out of space on any of my iPhones but that would be 100% dependent on the user. YMMV.

    The main thing I like about having an iPhone is that I don't have to deal with my wireless carrier unless I have a problem with my bill. If something happens to my phone or I have any issues with it, I just go to the Apple store and they either fix it immediately or give me a new phone on the spot--no questions asked. I hated the days when I had to call Verizon and have them spend 2 hours with me troubleshooting some problem and then wait for them to send me a phone.

    mrspoppers, do you have a MAC. I shared what you said and my co-workers are interested. It seems to work fine now that she had an IPad and a MAC, but before that, she struggled. How does it work for Iphone to PC?
  • 850type850type Posts: 1Registered Users
    I had an iPhone for about a month and quickly got rid of it. Of course I wanted it for the hype but at the end of the day I'm an android girl..

    It froze on me and I had to replace it and the second one would freeze while trying to answer calls. Wouldn't let me swipe to answer. The only way to truly get the phone working in a way that was better for me was to jailbreak it.. Did that, liked it better, but not enough..

    The S3 is not a phone I would recommend either.. Its a flimsy build and I've seen quite a few broke ones..

    The newer Motorola phones are great. Especially since Google bought Motorola, expect to see updates and better software available quicker. Verizon has a few nice ones right now.. I'm rocking a Motorola Atrix HD myself... But I'm sooooooooo tempted to get the Nexus 4... (Phone junkie confessions Lol)

    Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    I have an S3 and I'm happy with it. Sound quality could be better, but that's the only issue I've noticed. I haven't played with iPhones much so I can't compare, except to say that now that I'm used to the S3 I can never go for such a small screen.
    Eres o te haces?
  • adorame06adorame06 Posts: 572Registered Users
    My husband got the S3 in October and he likes it, he doesnt have any complaints. He has a few co workers that have the iphone 4 and 5 have complained about screen freeze and other stuff and a few that love there phones and have no complaints a couple have switced and got android phones. Not all are on the same plans so that might play into problems one might have. I think over all both phones are nice in their own way. My husband works at a coal dock and he has his phone in an otterbox to give added protection in case he should drop his. Now I was due for an upgrade and was looking at S3 and iphone5 at the same time he got his phone. After doing a little research and comparisons and playing with the diffrent phones, I decided insted to pre ordered the Galaxy Note 2.I got it November 28 and I must say this phone does a lot. I really use the duel screen option a lot. I did not pre judge the phone based on the nagitive things people say about its size either and I am a tiny lady not even 5 feet. This phone is amazing! And I have yet to drop my phone like I am prone to do with my other phones I have had in the past. Over all I am in LOVE with this phone lol

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App
    CG on 2/16/2010
    My curls looks like the 3a pictures
    Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

    My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

    Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • papayahedpapayahed Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I just got my 3S last month and so far I'm pretty happy with it but I am an Android girl and never had an iphone.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 5. I love it. I upgraded from an iPhone 4 and hubby has a 4S so I can say without a doubt that it's super fast. It's way faster than my 4, which is really saying a lot. The screen is crisp and clear and the phone itself is the perfect size for my hand. If the Galaxy s3 is the one I'm thinking of, it's too big for me. (Honestly, that's all I know about the Galaxy s3.)

    Yes, it's the huge one I'm talking about.
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    My experience with my 5 isn't anything like what Scrills mentioned about her coworkers. Everything on my iPhone is fully integrated--photos, apps, email, contacts, etc. All my songs and photos update automatically from iTunes to my phone, iPad, computer, etc. I've never run out of space on any of my iPhones but that would be 100% dependent on the user. YMMV.

    The main thing I like about having an iPhone is that I don't have to deal with my wireless carrier unless I have a problem with my bill. If something happens to my phone or I have any issues with it, I just go to the Apple store and they either fix it immediately or give me a new phone on the spot--no questions asked. I hated the days when I had to call Verizon and have them spend 2 hours with me troubleshooting some problem and then wait for them to send me a phone.

    Ugh, tell me about it.:confused3:

    Have you ever had a Droid (before the iphone4)?
    scrills wrote: »
    mrspoppers, do you have a MAC. I shared what you said and my co-workers are interested. It seems to work fine now that she had an IPad and a MAC, but before that, she struggled. How does it work for Iphone to PC?
    I've never had a Droid phone before. I started with an iPhone 3g and stuck with iPhones. I also have a Mac that I sync to at home. My husband has a PC, though, and I don't think he's had any problems.

    Gekko just switched from a string of Droid phones to an iPhone 5. She says she loves her iPhone but I don't know exactly what's better about it. Maybe she'll post when she's back online in a couple days.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    I got a S3 for Christmas and I looooooooove it. The screen is so big and pretty.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    legends wrote: »
    I have an S3 and I'm happy with it. Sound quality could be better, but that's the only issue I've noticed. I haven't played with iPhones much so I can't compare, except to say that now that I'm used to the S3 I can never go for such a small screen.

    The iphone5 looks soooo tiny.

    I like big. I am almost considering the Samsung Note (the biggest cell phone ever).

  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    adorame06 wrote: »
    My husband got the S3 in October and he likes it, he doesnt have any complaints. He has a few co workers that have the iphone 4 and 5 have complained about screen freeze and other stuff and a few that love there phones and have no complaints a couple have switced and got android phones. Not all are on the same plans so that might play into problems one might have. I think over all both phones are nice in their own way. My husband works at a coal dock and he has his phone in an otterbox to give added protection in case he should drop his. Now I was due for an upgrade and was looking at S3 and iphone5 at the same time he got his phone. After doing a little research and comparisons and playing with the diffrent phones, I decided insted to pre ordered the Galaxy Note 2.I got it November 28 and I must say this phone does a lot. I really use the duel screen option a lot. I did not pre judge the phone based on the nagitive things people say about its size either and I am a tiny lady not even 5 feet. This phone is amazing! And I have yet to drop my phone like I am prone to do with my other phones I have had in the past. Over all I am in LOVE with this phone lol

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App

    I'm slightly interested in it, too.

    Dual screen?? :nike:

    I want a big screen, fast page load, as few bugs as possible.

    What's an otterbox? And do they come in cool colors? LOL

  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    My coworker got the note 2 and she loves it. She definitely appreciates the bigger screen. If I didn't need to carry my phone in my pocket I would obviously prefer a bigger screen. I like my iphone 4, the size is just right. I'm worried how the iphone 5 is going to fit since its bigger.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    The otterbox is a case that is a virtual tank. Well... at least the one my dad has is.

    They have colored otterboxes as well. My NSSO has the HTC One X and her otterbox is navy and black. Not quite the tank that my father has for his iPhone but very protective.

    They aren't cute, they are protective.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

    Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

    Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was talking to this IT geek I work with who I heard had previously owned a Droid and now has the iphone5.

    So I asked which he likes better. And this condescending little puck told me, "you might be able to learn how to use a droid if you got one. But if you're worried about not being able to figure it out, you'd better stick to the iphone...bc it's so basic and simple."

    You arrogant little pitstain: I have owned a droid since a month after they were first released. And managed to figure out how to use it pretty easily, thank you very much.

    But chalking one up on the Galaxy side, iphones don't use memory cards. Ugh, don't like that. I want to keep my memory card full, instead of trying to transfer them to itunes.

  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    anyone's iphone lost their contacts? hahahah get it? i contacts....ok gotta get back to work
  • creativelicensecreativelicense Posts: 422Registered Users
    I've got the Note 2 and it's nice. But then again I'm am totally biased towards Google and Android. But I hate TouchWiz, Samsung's Android overlay, but that's because I prefer pure Android.

    I will say that Apple's stuff just works, that's what's great about it. If you've owned Android phones you know they aren't perfect and are subject to glitches/bugs.

    That said, the Galaxy S 3 is a stable and slick device. My only concern is that it's old (it launched in June 2012) and they are rumors of a Galaxy S 4 coming out this spring.

    Personally, if I had to choose right now between my Note and the iPhone, I'd go with the iPhone ONLY because of the apps and camera.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using CurlTalk App
    Curl Style: 3b/3c
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Normal

    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    RO: GVP CB
    Styling: As I Am Leave In, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets & Confident Coils, DevaCurl Set Me Up, Curl Keeper
    Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil, BioSilk RHG
«1