CurlTalk

How do I get rid of static on my couch??

texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users
The static is so bad on my couch, it's driving me crazy! I just about electricute myself everytime I stand up lol!! I use dryer sheets in all my laundry. I tried spraying febreeze on my couch...thought maybe the dampness would get rid of it, but no luck.

Suggestions??

Comments

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Most permanent and most expensive solution is a humidifier... Dryer sheets rubbed over the couch should help, though.

Static when brushing horses is a problem and I diluted liquid fabric softener about 1/3 to 2/3 water to lightly spray my horse - something similar could work on the couch, but I'd try dryer sheets first because I wouldn't want to get it too damp!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Coming here to suggest a humidifier. You can find one for $20 to $30 at Target. Don't be swayed by the more expensive ones.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Static Guard or maybe a bit of lotion on your hands then rubbed onto the couch, unless it'd stain.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.