wearing hair half-up + haircut?

sdkittysdkitty Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
I almost always wear my hair with the sides up. I have thick, 3A hair. I don't worry much about having layers cut to frame my face but I do like the layers in the back to be long and to blend. However, I have noticed that if I look at the layers before and after pinning the sides up, it changes, making me wonder - would you have your hair cut any differently if you were wearing it sides up all the time?

Comments

• sdkittysdkitty Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
    no one wears their hair this way?
  • HouseofcurlsHouseofcurls Posts: 322Registered Users
    sdkitty wrote: »

I'm not really clear on what you mean? How does it change when you pin it up? To look worse or what?

Edited because i read it over and over.

Yeah, I think my ultimate goal in a cut is to get it to look a certain way, if you consistently wear it up and that pinning changes it, I'd consider a different cut. For example, if I cut a lot of layers into my hair, and pinning it up on the sides made it appear shorter, I'd hate that.nid rather do less layers, less dramatic layers so that the shorter part wasn't so short. Kwim?
    Rae ~ 2c/3a ~
    Wife to a 3c Curly Guy
    Mom to a straight and a curly.

"The Longer the Hair, the Bigger the Blob."

Porous, very dense but fine hair. Medium everything else.
    CoWash: Tressemee naturals
    RO: Generic biolage and generic joico k-pak
    LI: Tresemee
    Miss Jessie's Pillow soft curls, diffuse 50%, add KCCC and diffuse to 80%.
    Always wash upside down.
  • sdkittysdkitty Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
    sdkitty wrote: »

I'm not really clear on what you mean? How does it change when you pin it up? To look worse or what?

Edited because i read it over and over.

Yeah, I think my ultimate goal in a cut is to get it to look a certain way, if you consistently wear it up and that pinning changes it, I'd consider a different cut. For example, if I cut a lot of layers into my hair, and pinning it up on the sides made it appear shorter, I'd hate that.nid rather do less layers, less dramatic layers so that the shorter part wasn't so short. Kwim?

It's kind of hard to explain. Putting the sides up is more flattering in the front. But in the back it changes the way the hair lays and kind of takes away some of the volume. I think doing away with the layers all-together would be a mistake as I cold have pyramid head.
    So I guess I can keep it the way it is, or add a bit more layering or possibly change the shape of the bottom. It's kind of rounded now - could be more straight across or V-shaped.
  • princesspieprincesspie Posts: 94Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I guess you could ask your hairdresser to cut the back first and then cut the sides when it's pinned back.

It might look a little odd while it's all down, but it might be worth it to get the look you really want for going out.

p.s. I've never done this!!!
    Hair Type: Fine, 3a
    Cond/LI: MOP Mixed Greens
    Styler: IGA Gel
    Oil: Coconut
    Overall: Just likes a bit of TLC

:love5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file