We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

NYE Plans

JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
What are your plans tonite? Bf got a nice room downtown and we are going to a party at another hotel a couple of blocks away(rooms were sold out or else we would've stayed there). My friend will be there so that'll be nice. My other friends are out of town, most took a trip to New Orleans for nye. I would've been content if it was just me and the boy, but I'm excited to see my friend and meet her new dude and possibly another friend is coming as well.

Bf just dropped me off at work and I miss him already. I'm so mad I didn't take the day off. My stuff is packed and we're going straight to the hotel after he picks me up in a few hours.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,860Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Going to a house party, then a bar.

I'll have fun once I'm there, but right now I rather just stay home!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    The usual: work. I can't wait for tonight just so the holiday season can be over.

Have a great time at the party!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Going to a house party, then a bar.

I'll have fun once I'm there, but right now I rather just stay home!

I sorta feel the same way. Hotel is nice..but might be nicer if I could just stay there and not go anywhere.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    In actually off. I'm going to a house party.

I'm so glad that Douchey December is over so that people can go back to normal.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Work. Eat. Drink. Sleep. All at home.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Staying home w/ the kids.

• claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    Reading Ruth Rendell in bed with dogs.

(Why yes, I am looking forward to it, thank you very much.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,860Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    claudine19 wrote: »
    Reading Ruth Rendell in bed with dogs.

(Why yes, I am looking forward to it, thank you very much.)

One of the best New Years I ever had, I stayed home and cleaned all the Christmas up and drank a bottle of wine. It was great waking up feeling good and in a clean house!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Last night bf said 'oh wow, tomorrow is new years eve'. And I said 'wow, really?'

That gives you an idea of how much I have going on tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    work.. yes until 1 am.

Eff everyone who has fun. :angry4:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    I am going on a three hour trail ride with the horses and good friends. Then a lunch of Faki with warm bread. Then home sweet home. Happy New Year everyone.:blob4:
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,565Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i'm at work.

20 minutes ago we got a call about an emergency situation in one of our other regional courthouses... it's going to be a LONG afternoon!

:laughing4:
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    I'm at work but after I get off, I'll go home and we will probably do nothing :(
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I'm at work but after I get off, I'll go home and we will probably do nothing :(

I hate having a job. Or I hate being me with my job, I almost feel like I'm being targeted. LOL. They're plotting against me. I actually asked off, and didn't get it. SO I have to stay until 1 am or 2 because they're having a party ugh. I don't want to be around drunk people, while sober and bored. It's sooo annoying. And then they're gonna be like "aww you have to work for nye, do you not celebrate it" gtfo here. I think people just asking me why i'm working is the most annoying part of working during holidays.

Last time they had a party I had to stay and work and people kept asking me if I liked working this late....LIKE WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?? Yes I love it, I love being around drunk people, it's just a grand ol' time.

sorry end rant.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    murrrcat wrote: »

I hate having a job. Or I hate being me with my job, I almost feel like I'm being targeted. LOL. They're plotting against me. I actually asked off, and didn't get it. SO I have to stay until 1 am or 2 because they're having a party ugh. I don't want to be around drunk people, while sober and bored. It's sooo annoying. And then they're gonna be like "aww you have to work for nye, do you not celebrate it" gtfo here. I think people just asking me why i'm working is the most annoying part of working during holidays.

Last time they had a party I had to stay and work and people kept asking me if I liked working this late....LIKE WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?? Yes I love it, I love being around drunk people, it's just a grand ol' time.

sorry end rant.

Sorry that really sucks. I hope this job is temporary and next year you don't have to work. I can't believe people actually ask you those questions. How else could they party w/out someone working??
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    Not anymore. They were cancelled.

I will probably get drunk and wash my hair, or some such boring nonsense.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    murrrcat wrote: »
    work.. yes until 1 am.

Eff everyone who has fun. :angry4:

Well at least you'll be making money.

I'll have to break up a few fights between my kids, put them to bed, and then watch reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens.

Like every other night.

And I ain't even mad 'bout it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm working in the morning so I'm just watching TV and having a drink or two with Ed.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    We do fondue with the kidlets and watch a movie. Kids are hoping for James Bond, hubby is campaigning for Harry Potter.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    Early dinner at a nice restaurant with a few friends, then coming back to our place. Hopefully turning into a game night! And we should be able to see the fireworks at midnight from our roof deck.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I had initially planned to just go over BFF's house and hang out, but another friend called over the weekend to say that she got an extra ticket to a singles party at a bar. I'd prefer the former, but I haven't seen the other friend in awhile and I'll be seeing BFF tomorrow anyways for my dinner party. It's shocking that I'd even have a choice on a night like this.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    if nothing else blows up in the next 20 minutes, the only manager on duty today says i can go home.

we got an indefinite extension on the injunction for the other problem! *whew*
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

*sigh*

i might have jinxed myself - i have to complete the attendance for the month by the end of the day and ONE manager hasn't filled his out! the phones are bouncing around the voice mail system at his courthouse - so i sent an email to his Blackberry...

:(
    My blog:

Okay -

I will be polishing the girls nails -
    Ordering Sushi -
    Toasting to the New Year with a cheap bottle of champagne -

Oh yeah, plans are MADE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Both my husband and I had the flu over the weekend. We are slowly in recovery mode. Friends we were to go to dinner with also had the flu this weekend. We all decided to postpone till we could enjoy ourselves better. My husband is fixing steak and lobster at home for us. I think I was relieved when we all decided to cancel. Wasn't sure I was strong enough to go out for even a couple hours.
    3b/c
  • cailincailin Posts: 899Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    For about 15 years I've done the same thing, my BFF and I spend NYE together. We watch movies, play board games and get silly. She's married now so her wife join us, obviously. Sometimes there's a lot of people, sometimes it's just the three of us but we always have fun.

NYE is amature night in Boston, I'm happy on the couch with my favorite people.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    I am making dinner and hanging at home. We usually go to SIL's but with DH off the bottle we rather stay here away from the drama and drunkeness. I may break out Rock Band for a bit after dinner so we have some fun! Chances of us staying up until midnight are nill. Brunch at my mom's tomorrow.

I hope everyone has fun and stays safe! And Murrcat I would work for you if I could. I think the whole idea of NYE and getting drunk is pretty lame. I like money more than a hangover!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

finally got out of the office...

at least there's a Sex & the City marathon on Cosmo TV to get me through the night.

and these... with a straw!

henkell-trocken-0-2l.png1950131_-trocken-0-2l-henkell.html
    My blog:

• SpiralSpunkSpiralSpunk Posts: 243Registered Users
    Eat, clean, dye my hair, paint my nails, and watch a movie. Typical single night in. I even have sweets to pig out on.
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Big house party like last year. It was a blast, we popped 40 bottles of champagne at midnight! This is the best party of our friends parties, we all get fancied up and turn the living room into a dance floor. So much fun, all our friends and their friends are around, and cheap too!
    Happy New Year curlies!
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file