NEW Shea Moisture Hair Care Products!

Comments

• JessiebananaJessiebanana Posts: 940Banned Users
    I got my mousse yesterday! And I tried it today on naked hair, something I would never do normally, and it's freaking awesome. My hair dried feeling really soft and nice and shiny. This is huge cause my hair is very dry and it's 25 degrees out and not hair friendly. I think over the leave in my hair will be perfect. It's not as clumpy, so this product won't help clumping, but I think it does pause your hair so that it dries as nice as it looked wet. No crunch or anything like that. It is moisturizing so maybe some of you 2 hair types might find it be a nice lightweight leave-in, though wavy girls whose hair falls flat mid day probably will still need a gel.
    3C/Fine to Medium/Low Porosity/High Density

:love5:MoistureMoistureMoisture:love5:

Low Poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    RO/DC: DB Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: Queen Helene Sculpturing Gel & Glaze

No Salts, No Waxes, No Butters, No Heavy Oils
    No ACV, No Saponified Oils, Protein Sensitive
  • joseybirdjoseybird Posts: 90Registered Users
    Can anyone say whether the new curl + shine is meant as a leave-in conditioner as well as rinse out (like the shea conditioner)?
    3a - Fine, thin, non-porous hair - boo! :(

Shampoo: SM shampoos

Clarifying Shampoo: KC Come Clean

Co-Wash: L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioners, As I Am Co-Wash

Hair Gel: L.A. Looks Sport, KCCC, SM Curling Souffle

DT Conditioner: SM Raw Shea Masque, SM Raw Shea conditioner + coconut oil, GVPCB

LI Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, KCKT, VO5 shea + SM baby oil

Curl Enhancers: L.A. Looks Beachy Waves, Organix Moroccan Sea Salt Spray. AG re:coil
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,471Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I find it most frustrating that these wonderful products do not give more specific information about their use, and that the company has a facebook page but not a website...seems kind of a poor choice of priorities. It IS confusing as to what their various styling/conditioning products are supposed to be used for.
  • CurlyCutie1394CurlyCutie1394 Posts: 348Registered Users
    joseybird wrote: »
    Can anyone say whether the new curl + shine is meant as a leave-in conditioner as well as rinse out (like the shea conditioner)?

It's a rinse out the curl style milk is the leave in
    Myrna wrote: »
    I find it most frustrating that these wonderful products do not give more specific information about their use, and that the company has a facebook page but not a website...seems kind of a poor choice of priorities. It IS confusing as to what their various styling/conditioning products are supposed to be used for.

It doesn't seem that confusing to me and it makes sense that they aren't so super specific. One person's rinse out can be another person's leave-in. We're all so flexible with the way we use products and I think SheaMoisture knows that.

• ninfeeninfee Posts: 13Registered Users
    has anyone tried the pink label condish yet? and can say how it's moisture is compared to the milk, which did nothing for my hair.

i did pick up the co-wash on my last trip to target tho. it did it's thing. i always check to make sure the water looks dirty as if the gunk is rinsed out of my hair and it was, even some light detangling properties on my hair. and i picked up something from the kids line (i know, i have it real bad) that i still haven't tried, condish or the shampoo, and it smells bomb.
    mod-cj, 3b/3c (spring factor of 5inches), high density, medium thickness and porosity.

the usual / hg: tressme naturals, pm the conditioner, sm smoothie, sm souffle, kccc, aussie freeze.

ninfee wrote: »
    has anyone tried the pink label condish yet? and can say how it's moisture is compared to the milk, which did nothing for my hair.

i did pick up the co-wash on my last trip to target tho. it did it's thing. i always check to make sure the water looks dirty as if the gunk is rinsed out of my hair and it was, even some light detangling properties on my hair. and i picked up something from the kids line (i know, i have it real bad) that i still haven't tried, condish or the shampoo, and it smells bomb.

The conditioner is a lot thicker than the milk it's moisturizing but for me had very little slip
  • ninfeeninfee Posts: 13Registered Users

The conditioner is a lot thicker than the milk it's moisturizing but for me had very little slip

i also heard the detangler from the gold label line had very little slip. sm needs to step up it's game. but thank you for your response. is it thicker than the smoothie?
    mod-cj, 3b/3c (spring factor of 5inches), high density, medium thickness and porosity.

the usual / hg: tressme naturals, pm the conditioner, sm smoothie, sm souffle, kccc, aussie freeze.

No it's slightly thinner than the smoothie
  • tajwhite25tajwhite25 Posts: 2Registered Users
    this is exciting
    Taj ~
  • my3curliesmy3curlies Posts: 161Registered Users
    The conditioner for me was moisturizing and had nice slip as a RO. I don't care for it as a LI though. My hair felt nice while drying but later my ends were dry and crispy.
    :!::!: Under Construction :!::!:
  • DsotomayorDsotomayor Posts: 173Registered Users
    Hootenanny wrote: »
    I just tried their co-wash, and I am loving it as well, perhaps even more than my usual As I Am. On the other hand, however, I am not loving the tiny size of the SM bottle, especially given the price. I don't know about the rest of you, but I need to use a couple good-sized handfuls of cleanser when I co-wash, since it doesn't foam. The SM co-wash is around $10 for 8 oz, while As I Am is around $6-9 (depending on sales) for 16 oz. I'm gonna have to really fall in love with the SM if I'm going to make a permanent switch to them. We will see! :cat:

Same here. I felt I had to use alot especially since my hair is fairly long. don't know if I will repurchase.

LI: DC onecon., KCKT, CJ cccl
    Stylers: CJ cccl, FSG, Cj ciab, DC angel
    Oils: coconut oil, apricot kernel, grapeseed
  • DsotomayorDsotomayor Posts: 173Registered Users
    I got my mousse yesterday! And I tried it today on naked hair, something I would never do normally, and it's freaking awesome. My hair dried feeling really soft and nice and shiny. This is huge cause my hair is very dry and it's 25 degrees out and not hair friendly. I think over the leave in my hair will be perfect. It's not as clumpy, so this product won't help clumping, but I think it does pause your hair so that it dries as nice as it looked wet. No crunch or anything like that. It is moisturizing so maybe some of you 2 hair types might find it be a nice lightweight leave-in, though wavy girls whose hair falls flat mid day probably will still need a gel.

Totally agree, I have used it with and without gel on top and I think I prefer it with a little gel for the extra hold .

LI: DC onecon., KCKT, CJ cccl
    Stylers: CJ cccl, FSG, Cj ciab, DC angel
    Oils: coconut oil, apricot kernel, grapeseed
  • LadyPlymdaleLadyPlymdale Posts: 24Registered Users
    For all the DC area curlies, these are at the Jefferson Davis Highway Target in Alexandria, VA.

Sadly they are a complete no-go for me, since they all seem to have cationic surfactants (behetrimonium chloride/methosulfate) or polyquats, which build up horribly on my hair.

My wallet is relieved, to be honest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CurlTalk App

2C/3A--med-coarse, slightly porous (highlighted), very dry & protein sensitive

No-Poo: Naturally Amari Berry No-Poo (w/o Aloe & Horsetail)

Condition: Suave Daily Clarifying & Sun-Ripened Strawberry

Stylers: 4Naturals Spring Back, L'oreal Everstyle Curl Defining Gel

Avoiding: sulfates, ‘cones, parabens, polyquats/cationics (except stearamidopropyl dimethylamine), most proteins/extracts.
    The detangler is good MUST use on wet hair to get slip
  • TjaneeTjanee Posts: 50Registered Users
    ninfee wrote: »

I haven't tried the pink label milk in a while but it worked well for cowashes and it had good slip as a rinse out conditioner. The milk was no good for me as a leave-in though. So far, the pink label conditioner is alright as a cowash but could use more slip. I haven't tried it as a leave-in yet. I'd like to know what the yellow label milk is like.

event.png
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users Curl Neophyte

The reason I respect this company is because they focus on production. They get the products in our hands. They have been upgrading their website for way over a year now & it frustrates me from time to time. However, they are on top of things with their fb page. They reaping to posts, complaints, & tell you what's coming out & where to buy. I can't ask for much more. This brand experienced some serious growth & I respect them for getting their website together before coming out with something half way done.

These are my curlfessions
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
  • seamelody14seamelody14 Posts: 282Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I'm totally with you on that. I don't know if it's just me, but I HATE Facebook. I neglect mine entirely as it is, and it's one thing for a business to have a Facebook page as a side project, but Facebook is NOT a replacement for a professional website!! Not everybody wants to deal with the now downright impossible to navigate Facebook just to learn how to use a product. Ok, rant over.
    2a/b
    medium/thick
    high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
    Co-wash: Chistophe Robin Lemon Cleansing Cream
    RO: CJ strengthening, Kenra moisturizing
    LI: Jessicurl Aloeba
    DT: CJ rehab, Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
    PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
    Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
    Oils: caudalie, sweet almond
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I understand the frustration about Shea Moisture not having their website up and running, but to their credit, they are producing quality products and are communicating several times daily with their customers. That level of communication isn't done on a website.

Many times a manufacturer will tell you how to use a product and when it doesn't work that way for you, frustration sets in and it is thought the product isn't for you. As for how the products can be used, I like how they leave that up to the consumer. Everyone's hair is different. What may work well as a rinse out on your hair, may work better as a leave in on mine. Use the products as they work best for you.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • SpiralSpunkSpiralSpunk Posts: 243Registered Users
    This thread is teasing me. A because I'm afraid to use most of these products (protein) and B because my Target doesn't even have them lol

I'm thinking that I might be able to use some of the stylers though especially if I stay in too of deep conditioning and get a rich leave-in.
    For me, it's not so much that website is not up, but that they have given too much hope about when it will be. Since before December they have been telling us "the website will be up in a few weeks." Why the lie? If its gonna take months say that. If they don't know, they can say that too. It's huge pet peeve of mine.

event.png

I'm totally with you on that. I don't know if it's just me, but I HATE Facebook. I neglect mine entirely as it is, and it's one thing for a business to have a Facebook page as a side project, but Facebook is NOT a replacement for a professional website!! Not everybody wants to deal with the now downright impossible to navigate Facebook just to learn how to use a product. Ok, rant over.

Impossible to navigate, really? :?
    If they're aren't going to sell products on their website, than a fb page is all the same to me.

• SpiralSpunkSpiralSpunk Posts: 243Registered Users

If they're aren't going to sell products on their website, than a fb page is all the same to me.

It is, for people who don't use it

It is, for people who don't use it

Yup, the last time I actually actively used Facebook was 3+ years ago. It's confusing and I'm not going to create an account and learn how to use it just to check out a product line.
    2a/b
    medium/thick

Uh huh not wanting to create a profile is one thing, fair enough, but I don't see the difficulty in going to a link and reading a post. Click comment to comment or write something on their wall. That's it.

But it's not like a website, where you can simply browse through the products. Maybe I'm just Facebook inept (actually I know I am, lol) but I find it difficult to look for specific information. Just my opinion, not a Facebook fan. To each their own :)
    2a/b
    medium/thick

• joseybirdjoseybird Posts: 90Registered Users
    I just washed my hair with the Curl and Shine Shampoo, smoothed the shea conditioner and curl smoothie into my hair, then scrunched in the souffle. My hair is still drying but I'll report back as to how it all works together! :D

UPDATE: My hair dried very curly and bouncy...my hair is shoulder-length and it somehow feels lighter than it usually does. My curls are defined but not crunchy, which is unheard of for me! The only negative is that I still get frizz in the canopy of my hair (99% of the case I get this). I used a little product to smooth the frizz near my roots, though, and it's fine.
    3a - Fine, thin, non-porous hair - boo! :(

Shampoo: SM shampoos

Clarifying Shampoo: KC Come Clean

Co-Wash: L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioners, As I Am Co-Wash

Hair Gel: L.A. Looks Sport, KCCC, SM Curling Souffle

DT Conditioner: SM Raw Shea Masque, SM Raw Shea conditioner + coconut oil, GVPCB

LI Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, KCKT, VO5 shea + SM baby oil

Curl Enhancers: L.A. Looks Beachy Waves, Organix Moroccan Sea Salt Spray. AG re:coil
  • SCarrinSCarrin Posts: 160Registered Users
    They are also releasing hair color. The packaging is so nice, love the art.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
    I have spotted the new hair color here in Tallahassee, it's in the regular hair color aisle. But only the red color was there, so I guess the others sold out. I'm waiting for my $10 off Shea Moisture coupon to arrive before I buy the jet black hair color.

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file