We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Is $36 a good deal for this sweater?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
EMB23804.browseThumb.a.jpg

I don't know. So many people are wearing them, I wonder how I might look in one. It was $360, which I do not even understand! But don't consider the original price. Is the price good for the sweater or can I find a nice one cheaper?
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What brand, quality? Express has a lot like that around the same price. I imagine they could go on sale for 20 or less. If that was actually 360 which I can't imagine then um yea 36 is a good deal! I usually have to try them on - some don't cling or fit as nice to my body so I look frumpy and fatter in them.
  • TaphycurlTaphycurl Posts: 13Registered Users
    It depends on the material and how well it's constructed.
  • TaphycurlTaphycurl Posts: 13Registered Users
    I'll use this as an example. I worked for five years as a pawnbroker, so I have extensive jewelry training. When I would go shopping, I would see a lot of places mark up worthless jewelry (gold plated or gold filled) for crazy prices and then mark them down 75% or more. It wasn't even worth the discounted price, but people bought it because they thought they were getting a deal. If you are wasting your hard earned money on crap, that's not a deal.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Knowing the company as I do, it's probably very well made of a comfortable material that will hold up well. But to Taphy's point, I think the company does some serious marking up.

I figured they'd all kind of fit the same, but I guess not. I think I'll skip this. And if I still want one later I'll look for deals on the ground.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • macluanmacluan Posts: 326Registered Users
    I have a couple of these types but none of mine are so sheer that you can see your clothing through them. Eileen Fisher has some beautiful ones that you can pick-up on Ebay at good deals if you don't mind being the second owner.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    36 or 360?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
    It was $360.
    It is $36 now.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I can make and ship one to you for much less than $36. That is if you'd like me to.
    Speckla wrote: »
    I can make and ship one to you for much less than $36. That is if you'd like me to.
    Huh wha wha? You can? You can? Really? :)
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It is the new Pantone Color of the Year: emerald/kelly/beryl. So you can't go wrong ;)

I don't think $36 is a lot of money for an article of clothing I like, so if i liked it, i would get it.

I have had sweaters like this before and I always belt them or wrap & tuck/pin them. If you do likewise, the fit won't matter as much.

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

It looks about 3 yds. And I'm pretty sure it's not cotton/spandex. Where are you shopping for fabric?:tongue10:

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If it's good quality, that seems like a great deal. Express has some that are not even that long and they range from 40-60. And I forgot, if that's the new color of the year, then even better.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I think its lovely! I would spend more than $36 for it.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    It seems like a good deal.

And thanks to this thread I ordered a sweater today (though not like the one in the picture at all) because it got me started looking at them online. :evil: :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    To me, $3.60 is too much because I HATE that kind of sweater with a passion.

If you like it though, it seems like a deal.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can you link the site for that sweater, please? I love it. It's hard to find waterfall sweaters long enough.

ETA: Nevermind...figured it out that it's Misook. Damn, their stuff is expensive.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator

It looks about 3 yds. And I'm pretty sure it's not cotton/spandex. Where are you shopping for fabric?:tongue10:

Why, good ol' Wally World. lol
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd totally buy that. Love that color and style.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,862Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    If its good quality, I would get it.

I really like the white one, I think it would be sharp in the summer!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Just for some inspiration in case you were still considering it

sp-day4-denim-shirt8.jpg

Hmmm
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    The material is polyester and acrylic. I'd be concerned about it holding up over time. Now if it was made of cashmere or some other natural material I think it would be a good deal.
    hello.world.
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users
    webjockey wrote: »
    The material is polyester and acrylic. I'd be concerned about it holding up over time. Now if it was made of cashmere or some other natural material I think it would be a good deal.

For that price I assumed it would be. Cashmere is worth every penny. Soft, warm and breathable Mmmmm
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • fatiimahhfatiimahh Posts: 17Registered Users
    I think it is

I agree, but I'm not sure that the style of that particular sweater is going to hold up over time so there doesn't seem to be much of a need for it to be durable - I am quite sure that those sweaters are going to look like really dated trends in a couple of years.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users
    Amneris wrote: »

I agree, but I'm not sure that the style of that particular sweater is going to hold up over time so there doesn't seem to be much of a need for it to be durable - I am quite sure that those sweaters are going to look like really dated trends in a couple of years.

They already kind of do. I have a few in my closet I don't wear so much anymore. I have one cashmere one I take on trips with me to cuddle up in though.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I have a similar one in oatmeal right now. I say go for it (although I only paid $12 for mine)
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte

So what? For $36, i dont need it to last me for 20 years.

So what? For $36, i dont need it to last me for 20 years.

Agreed - was just responding to the comment about durability. I see this as a trend that if you like it for now or are curious about trying it out, $36 is not a bad price.

.png

534Pm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file