Hair Advice

AnissaBAnissaB Posts: 3Registered Users
I have something along the lines of 3b hair but my curls are really tight in the back and kind of loose in the front. I.also have some straight hair still but I think that's damaged hair. I want to loosen the curls and make my hair more healthy. What can I do??

Sent from my PH44100 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• bellaviebellavie Posts: 64Registered Users
    Sounds like you are transitioning..so some hair is still straight from heat damage and some might be straight because that is the natural texture of your hair. You also have tighter curls in the back of your head that you'd like to elongate.

If I got that right then I would suggest a few things...
    Deep condition to restore moisture and help the curl pattern form. Unless you've found your secret sauce of oils and butters...I'd try deep conditioning weekly to see if the curl pattern comes back a bit in front. If not you can try a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioner.

For the back of you're hair you might try a twist out to help the curls lengthen. Sometimes when I add gel and let it air dry my curls elongate on their own. You can also try stretching the curl when its dry with a blow dryer but I usually get frizz with that method.

If I do a twist out for a few weeks it trains my hair to elongate on its own.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Pre-Poo:Conditioner & Avocado Oil or Jamaican Black Caster Oil or Coconut Oil
    Co-wash - One Hair for Dry Hair
    Moisturize - Coco curls or beija flore creme brulee
    Leave In - Shea Moisture Enhancing Smoothie
    Gel - Kinky Curly Custard, Deva Spray Gel
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:
    Deep Conditioner - Moroccan Oil Deep Conditioner or Caster Oil & Coconut Oil

Last Relaxer May 2006

http://thereddragonfly.blogspot.com/
  • AnissaBAnissaB Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you so much. What protein deep conditioners would you recommend?

Sent from my PH44100 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file