We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Your Christmas Booty 2012

OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
istockphoto_359579-christmas-butt.jpg

time for the annual Christmas Booty. i received pajamas, a sweater and socks. but more importantly we had two special announcements. my 60 year old brother asked us to clear our calendar for June because hes marrying his girlfriend. he and his fiance flew in from Denver for the dinner. its his first and its about freaking time :protest:.

secondly my youngest sister now in her early forties will have her first child in July. after years of frustrations trying to conceive and adopt they tried a fertility clinic and now she is 2 months pregnant.

this was a good Christmas.

and Eilonwy please dont post pics of Jake Gyl's butt this year unless ofcourse you got them for Christmas :wink:

Comments

• SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    My parents bought me this backpack:

A backpack + school supplies is given with Ash Gray Ordinary Backpack purchase - OAK Lifestyle

(I asked for that, by the way... They didn't just decide to buy it for me randomly... :lol:)

And then my older brother bought me this smart phone wristlet (in toffee/chocolate), for our sibling gift exchange:

Lodis 'Audrey' Smartphone Case | Nordstrom

I wrote on my wishlist that I wanted a smartphone wristlet in a mostly neutral color, and I think he did a pretty good job!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    I got this:

k38335_012.102?$uslarge$

And this bicycle basket:

pixel.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQBESi8woczLHxoCLoD_Qb_qvqfHMjovnnylDe9f8nNae1PxAEnQ

And these two necklaces:

il_570xN.369292326_mjxd.jpg

il_570xN.298598401.jpg

I also got Russian teacakes in my stocking which was awesome and some other little stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,860Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    What wonderful news, OBB!

Springy, my parents have the same Keurig and love it!!!

I got jammies, a coffee maker, memory foam mattress topper, new Pandora bracelet and a few charms, king size down pillows, a MASSIVE thick plush velvet blanket (so snuggly), lots of clothes & toiletry/bathy stuff, a bunch of DVDs and a beautiful long down jacket in a steel grey from my brother. So surprised at that one...he did a great job!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    Nice, everyone. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    I got a TARDIS cookie jar from my hubby (he also ordered me a TARDIS teapot but it hasn't arrived yet), a gift card to my favorite chocolate place and some nail art rhinestones from my sister, and some bath fizzies, shower gel, and a candle from my daughter. My parents bought us a new washing machine. :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    Woops. I wasn't done yet :)

This Waxing Poetic Owl charm for my bracelet
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1356570955.993127.jpg

Which I hope will one day look like this
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1356571091.335930.jpg

And this Stanley 500 amp instant starter with air compressor
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1356571045.567665.jpg
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I got a nike fuelband (like a fitbit but for your wrist)

glitter uggs (MUAHAH) my brother calls them moonboots because they're silver, not sure how I feel about them but they're sooo comfy. I'm going to keep them and wear them I don't like to not like gifts, because they're gifts, thats just the weird person I am.

a tire pump thingy kind of like RCC's, idk how it works

some leg compression thingies to wear when I exercise:toothy4:

some yoga pants

perfume

a calendar

oh and urban decay makeup!! woot :blob4:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    A Dutch oven! I love it.
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1356576673.766420.jpg
    It also has a lid.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    SCG wrote: »
    And then my older brother bought me this smart phone wristlet (in toffee/chocolate), for our sibling gift exchange:

Lodis 'Audrey' Smartphone Case | Nordstrom

I wrote on my wishlist that I wanted a smartphone wristlet in a mostly neutral color, and I think he did a pretty good job!
    I got that wallet/smartphone case for my sister. She was very happy with it.

My husband and I bought most of our presents two weeks ago. We decided to start skiing again so we bought all new equipment, clothes, etc. I don't even want to think about how much it all cost!

I also got a silver necklace with a little diamond on it and a mini pie baker.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,734Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Some of my booty abundance (yes, we go overboard). Lots of favorite things including a warm soft camo jacket that the boyfriend had embroidered with his business's name in hunter orange so I won't be totally invisible : ), a heavy silver ankle bracelet he had made, cookbook, socks, spheres. I got 2 gifts cards (one for $100 at Sahalie, one for $20 at walmart) and used them today online. Got a pair of boots, a sports bra, 3 shirts, and a ring.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    My bf got me a soda stream...it's okay....
    He also got me a bag to take to and from work. The one I'm using is pretty sad.

My mom sent me money and a package that didn't arrive yet. I think it's a knife set and a toy for the baby.

My dad sent me money and a sweater. The sweater is not something I would have picked out, but I'll wear it. It latches at the breast and flares out. I think I'll be able to wear it pretty far into my pregnancy, so that's good. He also wants to buy the crib, so that's exciting.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got $50.

Don't hate.

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I have no clue how to post images from my phone ...

Two gifts I'm super excited about: I got a Nespresso Pixie from DH and "Naked" palette from MIL.

Kids bought me a donut pan and then promptly asked for donuts /-:
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    From my hubby I got a trip as a part of my Christmas Eve pre birthday gift, we went to the Bahamas, Curacao and Aruba. He also took me shopping in Florida. He got me a couple pandora charms and the day before my birthday he took me on a surprise trip to Montreal where he to took me shopping again and yet another surprise, tickets to Cirque Du Soleil which I had been wanting to see the show was called Saltimbalco and it was good. On Christmas Day he gave me the new I pad which I'm using now and a Michael Kors watch.

From everyone else I got:
    Taylor swift concert tickets for her show here in Toronto
    Rihanna concert tickets (both sets of tickets were from my sister)
    Money
    A Michael Kors purse and wallet
    More Pandora charms
    A few bottles of wine
    Lingerie
    Bath sets
    Beauty products including hair products nail polish makeup ect
    Victoria secret Pink clothes
    Snorkel and beach gear plus swim suits for my next trip (which may be soon)
    Chocolate, lots of chocolate
    Bath robe, pyjamas and slippers
    Gift certificates to the mall, the Bay, I tunes, Forever 21
    Jewellery
    Perfume (4 bottles)
    Books
    My dad got us a new and improved flat screen TV for our bedroom
    Boots
    A tea set (I don't drink tea)
    A scarf and leather gloves
    And a whole bunch of stocking stuffers including socks and some other things I can't recall right now

I think that was about it. I had a great holiday with my family.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    I got lots of money, one being a huge check from my Dad. My husband got a great deal on an iPhone 4 for me which I have been wanting for awhile now. I can finally take good pictures again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i dont understand how some of yous gots so much presents. are you curlies that much more loved than me? :sad5: ive been good i tells ya! :sad2:
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    I will be getting some new arrows for archery.

I got two art books, a cooking book and book vouchers.

Pj bottoms

Bath smelliest

A snood

Question Blake crociwock mug

Snuggly socks!
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    OBB wrote: »
    i dont understand how some of yous gots so much presents. are you curlies that much more loved than me? :sad5: ive been good i tells ya! :sad2:

I think it depends how big your family is. My friend, for example, gets a truck load of presents from her gigantic family and they all get each other realy nice gifts. Plus her immediate family buy each other a lot. Like a sack full for stocking gifts and then mains gifts etc.

Whereas in my family, its basically just my parents and I who buy gifts for each other and a little something (voucher) from my grandparents. :)
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    murrcat, I spent the longest time trying to decide between the fitbit & the fuel band. How do you like it? I decided on the fitbit b/c I thought it would blend more easily for daily wearing.

I got a couple of gift cards, a scarf, and some pjs.

(I bought myself the fitbit, some peppermint bark, and an origins gift set and wrapped them up, too.... :P )
    33abhqq.gif
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    My parents gave me $100

My bf bought me these slippers:uploadfromtaptalk1356711492875.jpg

A mini food processor and silicon cooking utensils.

And is taking me shopping to get the rest of my gifts.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't celebrate xmas but bf does so we did the gift thing and I got a nice Michael Kors watch. :D
    murrcat, I spent the longest time trying to decide between the fitbit & the fuel band. How do you like it? I decided on the fitbit b/c I thought it would blend more easily for daily wearing.

(I bought myself the fitbit, some peppermint bark, and an origins gift set and wrapped them up, too.... :P )

it's nifty, I don't really know yet because I've only had it three days lol.

Okay one thing I'm not sure about is, you have fuel points (not the same as steps, I think 2 steps is a fuel point maybe) anyway

On thursday I walked "2.5" miles according to my pedometer on it, and reached my fuel goal for the day. Casually just to be casually doing things and not really tryin to walk 2.5, this was at the end of the day when I reached my goal.

Today, I ran 3.5 miles (my band (you can use an app to see what it can't show) said I ran 3.5 miles) but I only had half the fuel points. So...I'm not sure if maybe it won't give you all the points for one exercise because it wants to motivate you to do more stuff or separately through out the day OR, I was running without moving my arm at all. hhahahaahahah maybe that's why but I think I move my arms when I run....
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    murrrcat wrote: »

Okay one thing I'm not sure about is, you have fuel points (not the same as steps, I think 2 steps is a fuel point maybe) anyway

On thursday I walked "2.5" miles according to my pedometer on it, and reached my fuel goal for the day. Casually just to be casually doing things and not really tryin to walk 2.5, this was at the end of the day when I reached my goal.

Today, I ran 3.5 miles (my band (you can use an app to see what it can't show) said I ran 3.5 miles) but I only had half the fuel points. So...I'm not sure if maybe it won't give you all the points for one exercise because it wants to motivate you to do more stuff or separately through out the day OR, I was running without moving my arm at all. hhahahaahahah maybe that's why but I think I move my arms when I run....

Maybe it has to do with the number of steps combined with the time it took to get to that number? Like 2.5 miles over the course of the day means you're generally more active over all. Where as 3.5 miles in...what...45 minutes to an hour concentrates your exertion to a very short time frame and not constant activity throughout the day, so the fuel points are less even though the distance was longer.

Did that make any sense? Apparently I'm not communicating well today.

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    birthday/yule: a new laptop so I can play MMORPGs on the go

Then he went overboard and got me more yule gifts.
    blue wool cardigan
    a black Dakine cap
    black with multicolored kitteh print knee socks
    a store display sized box of Lindt Lindor truffles in dark chocolate
    mukluk type slippers in multi blue print
    hiking poles
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
    murrrcat wrote: »

Maybe it has to do with the number of steps combined with the time it took to get to that number? Like 2.5 miles over the course of the day means you're generally more active over all. Where as 3.5 miles in...what...45 minutes to an hour concentrates your exertion to a very short time frame and not constant activity throughout the day, so the fuel points are less even though the distance was longer.

Did that make any sense? Apparently I'm not communicating well today.

yes. That's what I was trying to say also, I think my brain is foreign so that when It translates into English it doesn't make sense.....I just don't know what language my brain is speaking. (alien language)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file