CurlTalk

Storm / blizzard expected to hit

SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
I went to store to get milk, diapers.... It was nuts there. Stay safe all!
Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,494Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    they were telling me to expect a foot of snow in London, but now the storm is tracking south so it will hit the Niagara Region and south shore of Lake Ontario instead.

*whew*

this means that scrills, ninja, jeepy and munchkin will all get socked with snow!

:sad5:
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 279Registered Users
    I'm in Ohio and it started snowing here around 5AM. We had thunder snow. I had never heard thunder during a snowstorm before. I'm off work until Jan. 2 so I don't mind it too much.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    It snowed on Christmas eve day here (SEPA) then started raining in the evening. By Christmas morning it was totally dry again.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Columbus, OH is about to be buried.

• SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    It's snowing here in nova... Do not want
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    It's coming down pretty hard here, and it's glorious.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    Just started here........not too heavy yet. More wind than I'd like, though.

(Hopefully the yellow places in the yard --- all courtesy of The Stooges --- will be covered.)

Thanks for your concern, Rou. :) Hope you're hanging in there up North.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    We got a bit of snow, and it's still snowing. The red thing, that's a wagon btw. And one of the boys' bikes is back there somewhere . . .

My neighbor's trees look pretty covered in snow.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    Everyone be safe.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    Sarcasm, where are you in nova?

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • poisonivypoisonivy Posts: 1,551Registered Users
    Columbus, OH is about to be buried.

I'm with ya Spider. Its beautiful though.
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    juanab wrote: »
    Sarcasm, where are you in nova?

Sent ya a pm
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    I miss snow. It actually snowed in Dallas on Christmas this year...my first time to not go home for Christmas. My boyfriend and another couple are going to big bear in a few weeks! I'm so excited!
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    cympreni wrote: »
    We got a bit of snow, and it's still snowing. The red thing, that's a wagon btw. And one of the boys' bikes is back there somewhere . . .

My neighbor's trees look pretty covered in snow.

This makes me chuckle because I don't know where you are from - this just looks like a regular day in my backyard! I would imagine its pretty jarring if you aren't from a place that gets heavy snow.

Everyone drive safely!
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    We put inch marks on a 9 inch straw at 7:30 this morning:ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1356546471.625637.jpg

And this was just after lunch :
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1356546507.582018.jpg

And still coming down.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • emthefantasticalemthefantastical Posts: 962Registered Users
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1356549147.122308.jpg

This is off our porch. It's still coming down and isn't supposed to stop for about 6 hours.
    2c/3a
    somewhere between fine and medium texture
    average porosity underneath, fairly high porosity in the canopy

cowash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    rinse-out: GFTN, One-C
    styling: LALSG, EcoStyler, Deva Styling Cream

Wow!!!!

(re: covered straw, but no offense to em)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dashing through the snow,
    The four-leash-always way
    Through the streets we go,
    Barking all the way --- ruff, ruff, ruff.

Piddling everywhere,
    Bladders working right,
    Oh, what fun we'll have this eve,
    When they crowd my bed tonight....

Oh, happy dogs, happy dogs,
    Playing in the snow,
    The cold and wind hurry them,
    To circle round and Go!

(With apologies to James Lord Pierpont.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I don't miss snow AT ALL.

My family is headed down here tomorrow so we're praying for good traveling weather!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    It really hit us while I was at work... I live 8 minutes from there, and it took me 40 minutes to get home. So aggravating! It has stopped for now, but it's supposed to continue overnight, I think. I hate snow.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    The wind is howling and it is coming down in a steady clip. I hear we are only getting a few inches and hope it is true because my girls and I have dentist appointments tomorrow!

I just hate when the snow is blowing because it piles up on the side of the house where the dog goes out to pee and I have to dig him a path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

I kind of like it.

Scary to drive at night when visibility is low, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    I have to second Lotsa and say please stay safe, and warm.
    Your pic's are beautiful, but I am incredibly glad that we are only expecting a skiff tonight.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    We only got five inches. :

But, I did get to use my awesome shovel that I bought last year, only to have it sit all winter.

I also impressed the hardware store guys by carrying my own 80 pound bag of de-icer.

But, even with a small snow, someone felt the need to hold his space.

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1356572703.979522.jpg
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,494Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    by the time i got off the train there was about 5 or 6 inches of snow on the ground here. it's still coming down - and quite hard at the moment.

i might have to break out the snowblower to get to work in the morning...

:sad:
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    We haven't had snow like this in the GTA for a couple years. It can be pretty if you don't have to drive in it! I'm always worried about my family's safety when I see cars on the news sliding off roads and into ditches or other cars it's terrible.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I wish it was snowing here. It's so cold that it might as well snow or else what's the point?

It was 84 in key largo 2 days ago where I was :(. Then I drove up to Atlanta to 30 degree weather. :(
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I'd take 30 degrees with no snow any day!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Be safe everybody!

We don't have anywhere near the snow you guys do, but it's been spitting snow at us since Christmas Eve. Depending on where I want to measure (I drive pretty much across the entire valley to get from home to work and the snow amounts vary hugely), we have anywhere from 4-12 inches. It feels sooo cold but really isn't according to the thermometer. Maybe I'm turning wimpy with the cold.

And apparently the county I live in has decided plowing roads this winter is unneeded. With as slow as it's coming down, my neighborhood roads are heavily snowpacked and have been since Christmas Eve. WTF?

But I must say that I am very, very tired of cleaning off my car whenever I need to go somewhere. I wish it would either stop snowing or dump it all at once and move on. Five days of cleaning off my car with crappy powder, heavy sticky snow and/or ice crusted over with snow is really not my idea of a fun way to spend time in 10 degree weather. Alright, so it warms up to about 30 degrees, but it was 9 degrees this morning. I do not like it. Not at all!