CurlTalk

Horrible gift ideas

DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
Let's get creative.

I'm thinking...anti-cellulite cream.

Comments

• DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Posts: 836Registered Users
    Book on how to lose weight for dummies...especially when you're NOT even trying to lose weight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Chia Pet
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Laser hair removal.
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    dia99 wrote: »
    Laser hair removal.

Haha I would love that!
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    salad dressing
    pancake syrup
    a vacuum cleaner
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    This brooch:

cockroach.jpg
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    intimate massager
    clothing several sizes too big
    self help book for a serious problem the recipient doesn't have
    Depends

• dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Narnia wrote: »
    dia99 wrote: »
    Laser hair removal.

Haha I would love that!

Me, too! I was looking at a Groupon for it this morning which is what prompted the thought. But, it would be a bit awkward for someone to just decide you need it :-).
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
    Would the laser work on the chia pet?

I'm also adding:

a grammar book;
    a replica of the Trevi water fountain, to be used indoors (I'll let your level of sadism decide the scale);
    a pidgeon you caught downtown for a pet.
  • MojoDojoMojoDojo Posts: 702Registered Users
    Gifting your S.O. a book on how to deal with breakups.
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    Ironing Board
    Toothpaste
    A tube of Jaffa cakes
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    intimate massager
    clothing several sizes too big
    self help book for a serious problem the recipient doesn't have
    Depends

I got this from a neighbor this year. It's like a big......pajama suit/play suit (pants and jacket) from the eighties. This is the same person who has commented on my smallness in the past (I'm not unusually petite, either).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Aw we gave gift baskets last year and one had all the fixings for a nice breakfast, including maple syrup. I thought that was a good gift. :shrug;

As for bad gifts, a puppy (or any animal) the giftee didn't want or wasn't expecting or planning.
  • adorame06adorame06 Posts: 572Registered Users
    grave plots My husbands great uncle gifted this to his wife one year.
    CG on 2/16/2010
    My curls looks like the 3a pictures
    Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • damsel_flydamsel_fly Posts: 457Registered Users
    One of my cousins actually got toothpaste this year.

She wasn't pleased.
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Aw we gave gift baskets last year and one had all the fixings for a nice breakfast, including maple syrup. I thought that was a good gift. :shrug;

As for bad gifts, a puppy (or any animal) the giftee didn't want or wasn't expecting or planning.

I've done the breakfast gift basket, too. They loved it.

I've received the dog for a gift. I was seriously not pleased. I made the person who gave it to me take it back from whence it came from. At the time I was living 45 miles away from my work and was working roughly 10 hours a day. So that would have been 12 hours the dog would have been locked in a house. That's not fair to them.
    salad dressing
    pancake syrup
    a vacuum cleaner

I would have been ecstatic to receive a vacuum cleaner! Now, a used vacuum cleaner? Not so pleased. True story, people.
    Book on how to lose weight for dummies...especially when you're NOT even trying to lose weight.

What about a year subscription to Weight Watchers? True story also.

Used sheets (yep, true story)
    Lotion when the person who gave it to you knows you don't use lotion.
    A power strip
    A book on regaining your faith
    Food storage
    A car wash gift certificate...for a drive-thru car wash...the cheap kind
    A ped-egg

Geez...my family is really bad at gift giving!

• Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    Socks will forever rank #1, imo.

Dental care items are a no no for Christmas (and halloween).

Self help books.

Snuggies need to die.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A coupon for a free vajazzle (or do you buy your own kit and it's more of a DIY thing? I really have no idea).

I think the syrup is great as part of a gift basket. I'm sure she meant it would be odd if given separately...although, come to think of it, a friend once visited from Canada and brought me maple syrup and I was very pleased. Only time I ever had any, since buying them as imports here is pricey.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    My coworker got the wifi fit from her hubbie the year she was pregnant. He had mentioned to her that she needs to lose weight.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    ear or nose hair trimmers
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    Deoderant, anti-fungal/viral products, self-help books, children, and dating service subscriptions.
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
    ^^^Children? lol
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Well, sure, what could be more awkward than getting children? :laughing4:
    Dedachan wrote: »
    Well, sure, what could be more awkward than getting children? :laughing4:
    IKR?! Talk about regifting... lol
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    Anything that is part of a subculture that the recipient has shown no interest in.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users
    At least half these gifts I'd be pretty excited to get. : p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Dedachan wrote: »
    This brooch:

cockroach.jpg

Ugh. :pukeright: This is a monstrosity. The most hideous piece of jewelry I have ever seen in 67 years.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower: