CurlTalk

New Aussie products

Well, I bought the new Aussie Moist conditioner, and I have to say, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Made my hair SO soft and silky. And today, I let it airdry, and got lots of cute, soft curls - which is a huge surprise since my pregnancy hair has not allowed me to be curly lately.

The only questionable ingredient I see is something called "Bis-Aminopropyl dimethicone". I've never heard of that one before, so I don't know what kind of build up potential it has. Even if it is comparable to dimethicone, it's the 7th ingredient down, so I may have to sacrifice using that cone since the conditioner is so GREAT!
~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    My boys use this and they all love it too..it's in my bathroom and it is soo tempting and it smells good...I would love to know the origin of this cone as well....also can low poo get dimethicone out, anybody know?
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    Where did you find the new conditioner?
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    No poo and low poo are supposed to get the d cone out. I've never heard of that new one so beats me.

I'm glad it's working for you, it's sure nice to find one that's not a huge price and local that works i know
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users

CVS. The bottle is this obnoxious 70's throwback design, but I do love the condish.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drugstore.com%2Fproducts%2Fprod.asp%3Fpid%3D162177%26amp%3Bcatid%3D10329%26amp%3Baid%3D337459%26amp%3Baparam%3Daussie_moist_conditioner" class="Popup

babywavy wrote:

CVS. The bottle is this obnoxious 70's throwback design, but I do love the condish.

Crud. There's no CVS here, but there is WM, Target, Walgreens & Rite Aid. I guess I have to wait until those stores get the new items stocked.
  • Leilani42Leilani42 Posts: 200Registered Users
    I saw it at WalMart the other day. I was majorly tempted to get some, since I used to love it so much, and gave it up when I realized that cyclopentasiloxane was a cone.

My hair has been absolutely loving the new L'Oreal cone-free co, so I resisted. But it's on my list. :twisted:
    2c/3a-M-i
    modified CG since July 2004.
    searching for products that work...
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    Leilani42 wrote:
    I saw it at WalMart the other day. I was majorly tempted to get some, since I used to love it so much, and gave it up when I realized that cyclopentasiloxane was a cone.

My hair has been absolutely loving the new L'Oreal cone-free co, so I resisted. But it's on my list. :twisted:

There's no cycopentasiloxane in this one. Maybe in the Sydney Smooth one, but not the Moist.

Well crap aminoethyl in this same word makes it water soluble but I can't find this exact one.
    Anyone else find it?
    2c/3a?
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

I found one site where it shows the bis-aminopropyl is water soluble...but I can't find both the bis-aminopropyl dimethicone as a phrase together..
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Well someone is gonna have to co wash only and use this and report back that's all there is to it
    2c/3a?

• laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    Leilani42 wrote:

That's the old formula of the Aussie condishes. The new formulas are cyclopentasiloxane-free. Some of the new Aussie creamy stylers still have cyclopentasiloxane, but the condishes are cyclopentasiloxane-free. :D
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I tried the Aussome Volume gel this morning, or whatever it's called, and while it seems pretty ok and does give volume like it says, I definitely like SMU better. I got clumpier curls with SMU, and the Aussome Volume gives me thinner ones, which is why I like SMU better (and it still gives me volume).
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
    I found one site where it shows the bis-aminopropyl is water soluble...but I can't find both the bis-aminopropyl dimethicone as a phrase together..

Well the searches I was looking at listed info about the bis-aminopropyl AND PEG #'s, so I'm wondering if it does the same thing. Like if the dimethicone has the bis - in front of it, it makes it water soluble, like when it has the PEG in front of it.

Lush if you hate it I best try it :lol: :P
    I need one though that says big hair in a tube. That should do it but Aussome volume is close enough

edited because I can't type or spell today
    2c/3a?

MH, I was thinking the same thing! :lol: It's not bad by any means, and I would still use it, definitely better than HE TT for me, but not as clump-enhancing.
    Ok, I might have to change my tune a little here because I'm not sure I'll use this again. I've noticed that even though my hair is dry, it's still got a bit of a wet, crispy look to it, even though it's not. :?
    Ew and you use strong gels and you got the crispy look. Mine would probably be like cement then.

I keep forgetting I can use the old 3MM, I'm a dope I swear. I keep meaning to get this since my SO likes it so much and I can always snag it to use. It's about the time of year it would come in handy too.
    2c/3a?

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Has anyone used the new Sun Touched Shine gel? I heard somewhere it was similar to the old Gel+ Water, but I can't remember where I saw that.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Bailey422 wrote:
    Has anyone used the new Sun Touched Shine gel? I heard somewhere it was similar to the old Gel+ Water, but I can't remember where I saw that.

It says so on the Aussie website.

I've been looking for it, but haven't seen it so far.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    What confuses me is that Gel+Water was strong hold, and this one says flexible hold. I got the last one at Wal-mart, but I'm scared to try a light-hold gel on a work day. I could definitely use shine though.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    So I was at Wal-Mart today with the $2 off 2 Aussie products coupon in-hand & their shelves for Aussie products were practically bare!

I managed to scrounge the last bottle of Moist Conditioner. At first I accidentally grabbed one of the three remaining bottles of Moist Shampoo until I double-checked the label.

I had to settle for the large bottle with pump 'cause there were none of the smaller squeeze/pour bottles, other than one of the 2-in-1 Shampoo+Conditioner.

But I wasn't there for shampoo. And if I was & wanted any size of Mega, I would've been SOL.

I checked to make sure the Moist Conditioner didn't have the cycl-cone in it. It must be the new stuff 'cause it doesn't have it & it does have sea kelp.

I also bought a bottle of the repackaged 3-Minute Miracle, which they only had a few of, but plenty of the old packaging of Deeep.

If I went there for styling products, I would've been SOL, because there were no gels of any type, one hairspray, no Sprunch, no mousse, etc.!

They had a few bottles of the Hair Insurance, but I don't care for spray leave-in conditioners. They make vinyl floors too slippery, like conditioners do to tubs! :shock:

Then I went to Target & their shelves for Aussie were the same way! They're obviously getting ready to stock the new stuff.

And when I was at Walgreens the other day they still had shelves full of the old Aussie products.
    well dang it I was hoping someone would use the new gel and see if it was like the old gel+water
    I guess I'll have to hunt this down friday. If my shelves aren't bare too. I did see some aussie stuff at my Walmart so I'm hopeful.

Let us know how that moist works out. The 3mm I don' think they've change, I keep forgetting to get some of that. That's the one thing I know is cg at the store and not like water.
    2c/3a?

The 3MM still has simethicone in it, towards the middle or end of the ingredients list. I use this for a deep conditioner once a month after clarifying, leaving it on the rest of my shower under a plastic cap.

I may not be using the Moist for a while though since I have 5 conditioners in the shower already! :oops:

But wait, my son uses 1 of those conditioners & another is EMB that I go sparingly on & only use once a week as sort of a deep conditioner after gentle shampooing, so I guess I can actually say I have 3 regular conditioners & 2 are half empty/full!

I'm really bargaining here, huh? :lol:
    Oh you're awful! :lol:

Since when does 3mm have simethicone in it? I must be thinking the old formula dang it. I wonder if Sally's knockoff is off the old formula? I used to get a big bottle of that all the time.
    Ah well back to the drawing board!
    2c/3a?

You should see what it looks like under the sink! :oops: I don't know if I'll be able to find room to hide the Moist!
    Dude you should see mine! I've moved from the counter which is full to under the sink to in the closet on the shelf with the towels. Now mind you a lot of that is stocking up on my discontinued conditioner but still!
    Oh crap I forgot, I have some stuff in some rolling drawers, two sets. But dang it I tried to put those on the swap board no one wants them!

When they complain just show them this post and they'll hesh it up! :lol:
    2c/3a?

I found room, AFTER moving the towel sets to the hallway's linen closet! Now my "boys" are going to grouch that I'm always moving things around on them! :roll:

Always around here actually equates to rarely. :lol:
    I found room, AFTER moving the towel sets to the hallway's linen closet! Now my "boys" are going to grouch that I'm always moving things around on them! :roll:

What'dya get?!

OH, I hear ya...I WAS SO EMBARRESSED....My oldest son showed his friend (AAAK) where I stash my products....because there's A LOT :)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

What'dya get?!

OH, I hear ya...I WAS SO EMBARRESSED....My oldest son showed his friend (AAAK) where I stash my products....because there's A LOT :)

I got a giant bottle of the new Moist Conditioner & a bottle of 3 Minute Miracle.

:lol: :lol: