Afroveda Monoi de Tiare Hair Cleansing Cream

CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
Features
Our Monoi de Tiare Cleansing Cream is a gentle moisturizing cleanser that doesn't create tons of latter, but will clean your hair and leave it soft! It is the ideal moisturizer as it is 100% natural and it will hydrate and moisturize each strand of hair, to leave it soft, flexible and shiny.

Sulfate-Free Moisturizing Cleanser

Benefits:
Soothes your scalp as it cleanses.
Supports healthy hair growth.
Contains Neem Leaf Extract to eliminate scalp bacteria, leaving hair healthier; and Shikakai proteins to naturally moisturize and nourish the hair and scalp.

Aloe barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Urtica Urens (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Matricaria Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Persea American (Avocado) Fruit Oil, Baobab Extract, Coconut Oil (and) Gardenia Tahitensis, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (ProVitamin B5), Olea Europaea (Olive Oil), Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Kernal Oil, Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein, Vegetable Glycerin, Gluconolactone, Lactic Acid, Brassica Oleraceae Var.Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate.

Are you trying or have tried this ?

Monoi de Tiare Hair Cleansing Cream (8oz)

Comments

• ricotdorothyricotdorothy Posts: 436Registered Users
    I haven't tried it but from the ingredients listed it appears better suited to being a conditioner than an actual cleanser. I don't see a cleansing ingredient in the ingredients list, though I may be wrong...
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL
    ~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WL [/FONT]

You never stop learning... :color:
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Haven't tried it, but the ingredients look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Curlypad?feature=mhum

comic-p.jpg
  • naturalyogininaturalyogini Posts: 430Registered Users
    Where's this "Contains Neem Leaf Extract to eliminate scalp bacteria, leaving hair healthier; and Shikakai proteins to naturally moisturize and nourish the hair and scalp." in the ingredients list? I don't Mala posted the right ingredients list for this product???

The Shikakai is the cleansing ingredient.
    It seems similar to Organicals Hair Cleansing Creme:INCI: ORG Aloe barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, EcoCert Propanediol (Vegetable), Vegetable Glycerin (and) Equisetum arvense(Horsetail) Leaf Extract (and) Salvia officinalis(Sage) Leaf Extract (and) Urtica urens (Nettle) Leaf Extract (and) Rosemarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (and) Matricaria recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Orbignya oleifera (Babassu) Kernel Oil, Persea american (Avocado) Fruit Oil, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine (Vegetable), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable), Panthenol (ProVitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein, EcoCert Hydrogenated Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (and) Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (and) Olea europaea (Olive Oil) Unsaponifiables, EcoCert Gluconolactone, Lactic Acid (Corn), Creatine, Brassica oleraceae var.Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, EcoCert Sodium Benzoate from Ingredients to Die For which works well.
    It seems similar to Organicals Hair Cleansing Creme:INCI: ORG Aloe barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, EcoCert Propanediol (Vegetable), Vegetable Glycerin (and) Equisetum arvense(Horsetail) Leaf Extract (and) Salvia officinalis(Sage) Leaf Extract (and) Urtica urens (Nettle) Leaf Extract (and) Rosemarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (and) Matricaria recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Orbignya oleifera (Babassu) Kernel Oil, Persea american (Avocado) Fruit Oil, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine (Vegetable), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable), Panthenol (ProVitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein, EcoCert Hydrogenated Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (and) Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (and) Olea europaea (Olive Oil) Unsaponifiables, EcoCert Gluconolactone, Lactic Acid (Corn), Creatine, Brassica oleraceae var.Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, EcoCert Sodium Benzoate from Ingredients to Die For which works well.

Aloe barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Urtica Urens (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Matricaria Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Persea American (Avocado) Fruit Oil, Baobab Extract, Coconut Oil (and) Gardenia Tahitensis, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (ProVitamin B5), Olea Europaea (Olive Oil), Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Kernal Oil, Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein, Vegetable Glycerin, Gluconolactone, Lactic Acid, Brassica Oleraceae Var.Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate.

@Cerendipity,

This looks like the exact same thing. Looks like Afroveda bought and resold a base.Chances are this product costs more than the base you can find at Ingredients to Die for.
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

@ CurlyGirlFla

Thank you for this.
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users

@Cerendipity,

This looks like the exact same thing. Looks like Afroveda bought and resold a base.Chances are this product costs more than the base you can find at Ingredients to Die for.
    Both these look very similar. Looks like she "forgot" one ingredient--stearamidopropyl dimethylamine. Which would make sense since lactic acid is in the ingredients. Usually BTMS and aloe give the final emulsion a good acidic pH in the range of hair--no need for an acidifier. And those extracts also tend to be acidic as well.

Also Hydrogenated Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (and) Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (and) Olea europaea (Olive Oil) Unsaponifiables is missing--this is olive wax. Which she may have requested be eliminated, or purposefully omitted it.

Not sure, but I'm guessing. Shawny, you're better off buying the base
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Dang...Afroveda still passing off those bases as "newly formulated" products huh.....
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    I dont purchase anything from Afroveda,, I was just sharing her "new" stuff lol
    LOL Shawny. I was thinking you had some form of amnesia.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Where's this "Contains Neem Leaf Extract to eliminate scalp bacteria, leaving hair healthier; and Shikakai proteins to naturally moisturize and nourish the hair and scalp." in the ingredients list? I don't Mala posted the right ingredients list for this product???

I have a pure shikakai shampoo bar I wash my scalp with. The bar is $3 at the Indian store. And I have some Neem oil from WH. I add a drop to my li. Not terribly expensive and a little goes a long way.

BTW
    I'm still waiting for the growth oil I ordered from AV on black friday. It was $17.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    Anybody try the CD Monoi shampoo and condish? I got some samples but I haven't tried them because I haven't had much luck with the milks and butters. Too greasy. The samples might end up stocking stuffers.
    adthomas wrote: »
    Anybody try the CD Monoi shampoo and condish? I got some samples but I haven't tried them because I haven't had much luck with the milks and butters. Too greasy. The samples might end up stocking stuffers.

I had no luck with the CD Monoi conditioner. It tangled my hair and made it angry.:protest:
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

• SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Posts: 225Registered Users
    Personally I think that Afroveda products sucks. The moisture does not last in hair. Also her customer service sucks balls. She need to close down immediately.
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Soooo...I see the ingredient list has been removed from the website. Interesting

*sips cup of tea*
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cocodejcocodej Posts: 1,182Registered Users

I have a pure shikakai shampoo bar I wash my scalp with. The bar is $3 at the Indian store. And I have some Neem oil from WH. I add a drop to my li. Not terribly expensive and a little goes a long way.

BTW
    I'm still waiting for the growth oil I ordered from AV on black friday. It was $17.

Ummmm...I'ma need the dets!

SN: Have I asked this question before? I am sorry if I have.
    James Baldwin
    A Talk To Teachers
    [...]
    one of the paradoxes of education [is] that precisely at the point when you begin to develop a conscience, you must find yourself at war with your society. It is your responsibility to change society
    [...]
    Soooo...I see the ingredient list has been removed from the website. Interesting

*sips cup of tea*

Hmmm, you dont say... *sips cup of coffee*
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

*sips cup of tea*

Hmmm, you dont say... *sips cup of coffee*
    The ingredients are back (or still there)...*eats my ice cream!* hahahaha
    cocodej wrote: »

BTW

Ummmm...I'ma need the dets!

SN: Have I asked this question before? I am sorry if I have.

Yes. That's okay. It is that red bar.
    I finally got my oil. For $17 This better be the shizzle.

I had no luck with the CD Monoi conditioner. It tangled my hair and made it angry.:protest:

Thanks. This is going under the Christmas tree with a bow. My hair tends to not like CD and Even if I don't hate the samples I can't see myself buying it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file