CurlTalk

cake pops!

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
i learned how to make cake pops yesterday! me and my mother went to a class i found on livingsocial.

i made chocolate, banana and one strawberry one.

here are few pics.
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Now I'm laughing because my FB friend from high school who bakes cakes was advertising her classes on Living Social. You're in a different state, though, aren't you?
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Those are cute, I love the look of cake pops, but they're always weird tasting when I eat them.

At least the ones I've had from starbucks and some a girl made once.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Cool! How's it done?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    cake pops taste different because you add a little icing to the cake to bind it and then you dip it in a coating that's really sweet but works great for decorating. most are only about two bites so the flavor and amount is perfect for a quick sweet treat. my mother said my dad, brother and nephew loved hers!! my guy friend will be sampling mine today. it's just something fun and different. the process of making them was fun and neat. it wasn't what me or my mother expected them to be.

the girl that showed us how to make them said she can't stand to eat them anymore and that her dad doesn't like them because he thinks they taste raw. i think they have more of a brownie taste than a cake taste.
    Saria wrote: »
    Now I'm laughing because my FB friend from high school who bakes cakes was advertising her classes on Living Social. You're in a different state, though, aren't you?

saria, our instructor and owner of the cake pop business is from nebraska but lives in houston now. same person?

i will say, we all had a really good time in the class. there were a few mother daughter groups and also friends and a couple of people came by themselves. it was fun and i totally think i could replicate them at home.
    murrrcat wrote: »
    Those are cute, I love the look of cake pops, but they're always weird tasting when I eat them.

At least the ones I've had from starbucks and some a girl made once.

Probably because they're made with cake mix and jarred frosting.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    No, she's in NY. I guess there is a lot of demand to learn to make cake pops!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    i think there will always be dessert trends. this one is hot now. i decorated cupcakes through a deal last year. fun stuff.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    So much fun! Glad you had a good time :)
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    So cute and fun!

I don't think I've ever actually eaten a cake pop but they are so pretty.

My daughter's birthday party is coming up soon. Maybe I'll give it a go. I'm all about dessert trends to break up the birthday cake mobotony. Last year it was cupcakes in ice cream cones (-:
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users
    Yum! I just had one from Starbucks today and quite liked it (overpriced as it was!)
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Cute! My daughter and I just made rice krispie pops dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. They were a huge hit!
    i liked the way mine tasted, not too doughy/raw. tasted like cake and i think because we used so little icing to bind it it wasn't overly sweet. i might make some for the holidays. the bananas were a hit with my guy friend ;)