Hello all just joined

merehemerehe Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi all I just joined and am very excited and hopeful.
I am hoping that I can finally tame my unruly locks.

Growing up my hair always had nice body with some wave . I could blow dry it out nicely and it would hold a nice style.
But as I've gotten older its gotten curlier and harder to deal with cause I can no longer blow it out without a huge frizzy mess.
I have a VERY hard time with it cause I have fine thin hair that is straighter underneath . I can have pretty tight ringlets also on top. Just depends on how the weather is , what shampoo I use, any conditioners or styling products and water also makes a big difference .
I have yet to find a product or shampoo that works in my hair. Most just weigh it down no matter how much I use or don't use or its stiff and crunchy which I hate or its greasy and dirty looking. I just can't seem to get it right.
And no products out there seem to be made for my hair. Believe me I have tried TONS. I read what they say and get very excited thinking this has got to finally be my anwser only to be let down again and again.

I have thrown out Sooo many different products its not even funny.

I actually found this site when I started searching on info about homemade sea salt/epsom salt spray.
I also found a really good youtube video about the curly girl method of cleansing your hair by TarotLadyLissa.
Loved it and plan to try it out soon.
She gave a link to this site too.

I am very interested in both of these ( the salt spray and curly girl method). But unsure IF it would actually work for my fine thin hair. But as I said will probably give it a try.

I also have a very hard time finding someone who can cut my hair properly. We retired from the military
7 years ago and I still have not found anyone near me that can cut my hair properly!

When my daughter got married her hair stylist cut my hair and she did a wonderful job. My hair was much more managable and grew out nicely and looked good for quiet some time after. But she is in MO and we are in FL so am totally out of luck there.

I always ask who ever cuts my hair IF they can cut curly hair which I don't know why cause they ALWAYS say yes and I am ALWAYS disappointed after wards.
My hair is harder I think cause its pretty curly on top but straighter underneath . Most of the time I end up with the curlier hair on top being way shorter than the straighter hair underneath which makes it look really weird.
This last time I talked to the girl about it and she said she could cut it but what she did was cut the nape of my neck area short which didn't do anything as its still looks like a mushroom head for lack of a better word. Cause the curly top shrinks up and underneath hangs out !

I know my hair can be cut right cause I have had it done before but just don't know how to find that right person to do it.

I am so tired of having my hair in a ponytail.
I don't know maybe its a combo of the hair cut and the styling products and or lack there of.

Anyway I am very hopeful now that I have found this site and look forward to any help, suggestions and information you all can share with me.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on where to look for the best info, any info on good products to use. And if anyone has any suggestions on how to find the right stylist to cut my hair I'd be Eternally Greatful .

Also any hints on the sea spray and curly girl method for fine thiner hair thats curly uptop and straighter underneath would Be Very Appreciated!

I look forward to learning as much as I can and sharing anything I can.
merehe

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome! We're go glad you've joined us. Enjoy digging around the site; you'll find so much great information.

You might want to start by learning your Texture Type. This information will help you figure out which products work best for you.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome!! ^^
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea