So excited!

JayesmommyJayesmommy Posts: 29Registered Users
So it's been about 2-3 weeks that I've been doing the CG method and although I'm still in the baby stages and my hair still has a pretty good amount of damage, it's finally starting to look good! I have a few curls/ringlets at the bottom of my hair but the majority of my hair is still in a loose state. Here's my few curls! ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1355594927.264495.jpg ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1355594943.797700.jpg

Any suggestions from you 3b curlies?(: I have high 3b/3c porosity hair, with medium density. I'm slowly learning my hair doesn't like products such as the Shea moisture smoothie ... Still Learning what my hair likes and doesn't like. Suggestions?

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Looking great! Congratulations!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • bellaviebellavie Posts: 64Registered Users
    Big victory to see results. Keep doing what's workin'.
    ~julie
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Pre-Poo:Conditioner & Avocado Oil or Jamaican Black Caster Oil or Coconut Oil
    Co-wash - One Hair for Dry Hair
    Moisturize - Coco curls or beija flore creme brulee
    Leave In - Shea Moisture Enhancing Smoothie
    Gel - Kinky Curly Custard, Deva Spray Gel
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:
    Deep Conditioner - Moroccan Oil Deep Conditioner or Caster Oil & Coconut Oil

Last Relaxer May 2006

http://thereddragonfly.blogspot.com/
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curl type is transient, depending on weather, products, technique, etc. Hair properties are a better way to select ingredients/products. You know your hair is porous and dense--do you know the texture?? If not, this link will help and give you some more information Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics

My hair prefers the products from the online, boutique type products. Doesn't care for chemicals, especially polyquats; mineral or castor oil. Loves protein.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good for you. Experimentation is key. Trust your hair to tell you what it does and doesn't like. "Listening" to how your hair reacts to everything is the single best gift you can give yourself on your curly hair care journey :toothy4:
  • CurlyJulie81CurlyJulie81 Posts: 110Registered Users
    My fine 3b curls really love the Generic Value Products Conditioning Balm- I'll apply some to my sopping wet hair throughout, then will scrunch extra only on the ends(which are so much drier!)

I haven't have problems with this weighing my hair down at all. :) Good luck!
    3a/b fine, high porosity, medium density. Mod- CG

Sulfate-free Shampoo: SheaMoisture Curl and Shine shampoo with Epsom salts.
    Co-wash: TRESemme Naturals,
    Leave in: TN Radiant volume, KCKT, YTC pampering conditioner
    Summer styler: LA Looks Spiked Gel(summer only)
    Seal: Argan Oil/Macademia Oil
    Winter styler: KCCC, AIF, Beyond the Zone Noodlehead curling creme(not CG)
    DT: GVPCB, coconut oil
    PT: GVP Hair Reconstructor
    osWchwy.jpg?1Embracing my curls.:love7:
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know this is a little off topic, but CurlieJulie, glad you're working on embracing your curls - they really are lovely :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file