CurlTalk

Hair type and products

krystrakrystra Posts: 25Registered Users
Hi Everyone, I'm kinda new to natural hair. I have been natural for over a year. During that time I mostly wore weaves and braids. I decide that I was going natural because I wanted to have healthy long hair. I have always had short hair and kept it relaxed. I got my first relaxer when I was 10 and the stylist basically burn all my hair out and I had to cut it all off. Anyway. I'm trying to find out what type I am and some good products to use. I have tried curls unleash (didn't like it), silk elements made my hair feel really dry, shea butter, i'm still experimenting with it. Right now Im using as I am products, cocunut oil, jojoba oil and castor oil. I also henna to cover gray hairs. I have multiple textures. My back is a looser curl. My front is the most course and my top is dry and course too. I'm very open to suggestions. Oh and I just bought so terressetials and I'm waiting on that to arrive. ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1355422919.874923.jpgImageUploadedByCurlTalk1355422943.224252.jpgImageUploadedByCurlTalk1355422973.058820.jpgImageUploadedByCurlTalk1355422986.668968.jpg

I have attach some texture shots.

Thanks.

Comments

• CurlyCutie1394CurlyCutie1394 Posts: 348Registered Users
    Looks like 4a and its really pretty btw. I suggest SheaMoisture products I'm a huge fan of the coconut and hibiscus line but the raw Shea butter line is good too and I would go to target or Walgreens because if you dnt like the products you can return them and get your money back
  • krystrakrystra Posts: 25Registered Users
    Thank you, I tried the redefined or undefined? Not sure exactly what it's called, but I didn't have a blender and it has litte grains that are hard to mix. Is the shea moisture line natural? I got so terressentials last night and tried it. It left my hair soft. I heard mix reviews about it. Some people say it leaves their hair too dry. I made sure after I use to put some coconut oil on my hair: Thanks again about the suggestion.
  • CurlyCutie1394CurlyCutie1394 Posts: 348Registered Users
    Yes SheaMoisture is 100% natural and all $9.99 if you see it somewhere and it's more than that its overpriced