We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Can you really make your thin/normal hair thicker/coarse?

Lovely_CurlzLovely_Curlz Posts: 5Registered Users
Hello curly world!

I have normal hair and I have my good days and bad days. My hair will sometimes fall flat at the top and I hate that! I want to know is there a way to make my hair naturally thicker with more volume without adding product? Are there certain food and vitamins I should take? Has anyone actually done this and been successful? Please help me!!!! (>_<)

Comments

• Lovely_CurlzLovely_Curlz Posts: 5Registered Users
    P.S I have type 3a curly hair with low porosity and medium density hair!
  • vitavita Posts: 2Registered Users
    I heard Biotin works if you have thinning hair i havent tried it yet but you can google it or look for info on youtube:) and i also have 3a hair..ppl say i have shakira hair! LOL
  • ilaeocilaeoc Posts: 8Registered Users
    I know Biotin is used to strengthen your hair and nails, but make it thicker or add volume? I don't think so. I've been taking Biotin for a few months now and the only thing I've noticed that it does is prevent my nails from breaking so often and down sizing the amount of hair left in my wide-tooth comb after a shower. But don't quote me on any of this, just my personal experience
  • itstor247itstor247 Posts: 12Registered Users
    As far as making your hair thicker, I'm pretty sure there is not a pill or supplement around for that, however, I also take biotin and have found that it helps promote healthier stronger strands. One thing about it is that if you have oily or acne prone skin like I do, you might want to take the every other day because myself and others have found taking it too frequently promotes acne.
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    Castor oil scalp treatment & henna

Sent from my MB612 using CurlTalk App
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

itstor247 wrote: »
    As far as making your hair thicker, I'm pretty sure there is not a pill or supplement around for that, however, I also take biotin and have found that it helps promote healthier stronger strands. One thing about it is that if you have oily or acne prone skin like I do, you might want to take the every other day because myself and others have found taking it too frequently promotes acne.

Yes I am very prone to acne! I'm actually struggling with acne right now! But I guess I should give biotin a try and do as you say! Thank you for the feedback!
    Thank you all for the feedback!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file