We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

2013 Hair Challenges? Stick 2 it challenge!

ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Now that the 2012 Grow Out Challenge is finished, is anyone considering any interesting challenges for 2013? I'm thinking about a simple one:

Stick To It Challenge
Choose 1 hair care routine/regimen for 6 months and don't change it for anything. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you don't change products. You can alternate between DC & PT etc as necessary but the routine should be consistent.

This is going to be hard for me because I don't have the discipline to consistently keep a routine and I'm a product junkie. In the long run this should save me some money at the very least.

I'm establishing a new routine with my weekly curlformers sets so I guess I will hold fast to that from January to June. For me this means no WNGs until the summer time.

If all goes well I'll have 3 or 4 inches of growth.:thumbup:
:nike:About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids

Comments

• kurlygurlykurlygurly Posts: 644Registered Users
    Hmmm, pretty interesting. I was just thinking that I can eliminate a lot of products. I would love to try.....I'm in the processes of growing out hair that has become not as curly b/c of dyes and dryness. Hoping the two textures will allow me to stick with a routine.

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
    3B Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    RE
    kurlygurly wrote: »
    Hmmm, pretty interesting. I was just thinking that I can eliminate a lot of products. I would love to try.....I'm in the processes of growing out hair that has become not as curly b/c of dyes and dryness. Hoping the two textures will allow me to stick with a routine.

Sent from my Droid Razr using CurlTalk App
    3B Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal

I have had some issues with dryness but lately my hair has been maintaining its moisture. I'm getting back into cg friendly products & practices so we'll see what the new year brings. I'll probably start an official thread on Jan 1 with regimen details a photo & starting length. Anyone else who wants to join is more than welcome.
    Anyone else considering any challenges?

These are my curlfessions
  • ricotdorothyricotdorothy Posts: 436Registered Users
    plus one!
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL
    ~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WL [/FONT]

You never stop learning... :color:
    plus one!

Welcome!

ss40 wrote: »
    plus one!

Welcome!

Yay!:bounce:

I was thinking of attempting to completely CG but its hard for me to break with silicone when it comes to sliding out bad knots. My hair can get very angry sometimes.
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

• confusedcurls26confusedcurls26 Posts: 81Registered Users
    *raises hand* me too ! i want to join and convince myself to stop flat ironing :/ and also to be consistent :D

Sent from my SPH-M580 using CurlTalk App
    *raises hand* me too ! i want to join and convince myself to stop flat ironing :/ and also to be consistent :D

Sent from my SPH-M580 using CurlTalk App

Sure thing. It took me a year to stop straightening my hair while transitioning.

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    I do better when I stay consistent and not do so much experimenting. So 2013 is going to be stick to routine year. My hair prefers shampoo/dc once a week. Cowash in between as needed. and most of the year is for conditioner and oil styling. The only thing I will change is going to gel once the humidity kicks in high gear and butters/creams if I go somewhere cold.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    adthomas wrote: »
    I do better when I stay consistent and not do so much experimenting. So 2013 is going to be stick to routine year. My hair prefers shampoo/dc once a week. Cowash in between as needed. and most of the year is for conditioner and oil styling. The only thing I will change is going to gel once the humidity kicks in high gear and butters/creams if I go somewhere cold.

This is why I said 6 months. My routine will most definitely change in the early summer. Especially if I go to a humid place for vacation. But my routine will stay the same...I hope

• curlypriyacurlypriya Posts: 223Registered Users
    Yayyyy +1
    Hair type-3A/B fine ,dense,normal porosity..
    LOW POO : SM Moisture Retention,TBS Rainforest Moisture shampoo
    NO POO-DevaCurl No poo
    COWASH-Suave coconut,Tressemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture,Vo5 kiwi Lime
    RO -DevaCurl One Condish,Shea moisture condish,Matrix Biolage CB
    LI- AO GVP protein balancing condish,SM thickening Yucca growth milk,SM Shea Butter Leave in
    Stylers - SM smoothie,Aveda Flaxseed Aloe Gel,Eco Styler (Protein and Olive oil),Deva Arc Angel
  • Amazing_JaiAmazing_Jai Posts: 36Registered Users
    Awesome challenge idea!

I have products I NEED to finish before even thinking about trying anything new. I also need to work on sticking to a routine because right now I'm not consistent at all, which is why I don't have a set regimen yet.

8-)Hey, I tweet about my hair journey too along with other things

:tongue7:Oh, and my tumblr

New on my healthy hair journey and developing my regimen. Exploring my inner product junkie
    Awesome challenge idea!

I have products I NEED to finish before even thinking about trying anything new. I also need to work on sticking to a routine because right now I'm not consistent at all, which is why I don't have a set regimen yet.

Glad you're all interested. Looking forward to everyone's progress.

• my3curliesmy3curlies Posts: 161Registered Users
    I'm in. Lets see if I can stick to it cause I forgot all about the other one.
    :!::!: Under Construction :!::!:
  • PearlsForCurlsPearlsForCurls Posts: 86Registered Users
    I think I wanna try going straight curly girl. Shampooing is almost therapeutic for me though. Lol.

If that doesn't work I will stick with the challenge of a consistent 6 mo. regimen. I still have time to decide.

Count me in! :)
    Transitioned from Dec 2011-Jul 2012

Now fully natural!:thumbright:

One year anniversary: Dec 28, 2012

Curl Type: The type that curls kinkily.
    Products: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Condit., Coconut Oil

"Wait, I'm doing it wrong!"
    I think I wanna try going straight curly girl. Shampooing is almost therapeutic for me though. Lol.

If that doesn't work I will stick with the challenge of a consistent 6 mo. regimen. I still have time to decide.

Count me in! :)

welcome. Good luck.

• Fantastic1221Fantastic1221 Posts: 356Registered Users
    im in. after a good trim, i need to rehab my damaged hair with consistency and intense moisture
    im in. after a good trim, i need to rehab my damaged hair with consistency and intense moisture

Welcome,. Sounds like a plan. I just got a trim Saturday. What a difference. I added amla oil to my hot oil treatment but the routine has been the same for 3 Weeks. I think I can make it through this challenge after all.

• Fantastic1221Fantastic1221 Posts: 356Registered Users
    id finished flat ironing right as i saw this. crazy. so i know my hair is gonna need a lot of rehab. the flat iron went ok. took way too long. but im longer than I thought i was: bsl at least, but I need someone else to physically look to be sure.
    I had and still have a lot of split ends but I trimmed and tried to get them all and I realize I have natural layers which is not all breakage, as I thought.
  • unique4meunique4me Posts: 135Registered Users
    If you have not seen my post, my challenge for 2013 is to use a hair supplement called Viviscal. Nothing else has worked so Im trying something different to jumpstart my hair growth.:laughing4:
    Hair type 4a
    unique4me wrote: »
    If you have not seen my post, my challenge for 2013 is to use a hair supplement called Viviscal. Nothing else has worked so Im trying something different to jumpstart my hair growth.:laughing4:

Denimpixie on YouTube has reviewed that product. Sounds interesting

• Mane.attractionMane.attraction Posts: 9Registered Users
    This sounds like a great challenge! My hair can definitely use some consistency and TLC. Unfortunately, I, too, am a Product Junkie, and jumping from product to product is doing absolutely nothing for my hair! I plan to kick the habit in 2013...lol...stability is KEY! :)
    Check out my YouTube Channel: 4a Curls!
    This sounds like a great challenge! My hair can definitely use some consistency and TLC. Unfortunately, I, too, am a Product Junkie, and jumping from product to product is doing absolutely nothing for my hair! I plan to kick the habit in 2013...lol...stability is KEY! :)

Thats going to be hard for me, i promise to settle down though, next month:afro: .
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

• AnnieRoseAnnieRose Posts: 87Registered Users
    I'm in as well.
    I have to start finding a consistent regimen for myself and sticking with it.
  • akinyiakinyi Posts: 17Registered Users
    For the start of the year i was going to start a no heat, no manipulation challenge. I am going to eliminate a form of heat i used to use on my hair and i will deep condition and shampoo twice a month and condition bi-weekly. I'm also going to have a protective style in for 6 months starting january 1,2013 to June 5,2013. im going to drink ALOT more water and eat right. i will also allow myself to have a seven day pass of leaving my hair out during the six months which i can choose to wear my hair out back to back or once a month. if you would like to join me you can put the following info and post a picture every month or tell how your doing with the challenge....
    Length: 5 1/2
    Goal: 8 - 10
    Products: peter coppola conditioner, leave-in , shea butter
    Protective style/ low manipulation: braids, twists, weave
    Cant wait to start this challenge :)
    akinyi wrote: »
    For the start of the year i was going to start a no heat, no manipulation challenge. I am going to eliminate a form of heat i used to use on my hair and i will deep condition and shampoo twice a month and condition bi-weekly. I'm also going to have a protective style in for 6 months starting january 1,2013 to June 5,2013. im going to drink ALOT more water and eat right. i will also allow myself to have a seven day pass of leaving my hair out during the six months which i can choose to wear my hair out back to back or once a month. if you would like to join me you can put the following info and post a picture every month or tell how your doing with the challenge....
    Length: 5 1/2
    Goal: 8 - 10
    Products: peter coppola conditioner, leave-in , shea butter
    Protective style/ low manipulation: braids, twists, weave
    Cant wait to start this challenge :)

Sounds interesting. Good luck.

Stick To It Challenge
    Choose 1 good hair care routine/regimen for 6 months and don't change it. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you don't change products. You can alternate between DC & PT etc as necessary but the routine should be consistent.

Starting January1, 2013 please post your regimen info, starting length & any other info you want to share.

If you fall off the wagon, no worries. Just go for as long as you can.

If you notice your hair doing anything interesting feel free to share.

PLEASE NOTE: Your chosen regimen/routine should be good. If doing the same thing for a month or so causes breakage, please make changes. No challenge is worth hair loss y'all.

Good luck!
  • kurlygurlykurlygurly Posts: 644Registered Users
    I better back out of this one....I'm trying to get rid of my stash and I have a variety of products to use up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net
    ss40 wrote: »
    Stick To It Challenge
    Choose 1 good hair care routine/regimen for 6 months and don't change it. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you don't change products. You can alternate between DC & PT etc as necessary but the routine should be consistent.

Starting January1, 2013 please post your regimen info, starting length & any other info you want to share.

If you fall off the wagon, no worries. Just go for as long as you can.

If you notice your hair doing anything interesting feel free to share.

PLEASE NOTE: Your chosen regimen/routine should be good. If doing the same thing for a month or so causes breakage, please make changes. No challenge is worth hair loss y'all.

Good luck!

I'm in! I'm set for the year!:bounce:
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL

• mickeyhabibimickeyhabibi Posts: 1Registered Users
    Im in !
    Monthly Cleanse with Sulfate
    Weekly Cleanse with Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser
    Weekly Deep Conditioning with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Mask
    Daily Leave in TRESumme Naturals
    Daily Seal with Coconut Oil

Start Length- Neck Length
    Goal Length- Shoulder Length
    Will post a picture AS SOON as I get a fresh trim to start off
    My weekly routine:
    Hot oil treatment-proclaim 7 oil
    Cleansing- acv (week 1 & 3 only) as I am coconut cowash
    DC-nothing but intense repair mask or Ion intense hydration mask
    Styling-Curlformers set w/ motions foam wrap
    Midweek Sealing-nothing but curl sealer & Twistout

I follow naptural85's method for washing hair.

My go to styles are buns & other protective styles I can wear to work.

Starting length- 12in
    Goal length- 15in

Edit: So after using curl sealer three times in three months I have decided to switch to sm ces for my mid week Twistout.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file